The Tailgate - Sports Central

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
MaxGravy
Site Admin

Re: The Tailgate - Sports Central

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Feb 05, 2018

PeacePeople wrote:The Pats tied with Denver for most Superbowl losses....interesting or maybe fitting???

Superbowl Losses:
Joe Montana: 0
Tom Brady: 3

Super Bowl Win Percentage:
Joe Montana: 100%
Tom Brady: 62.5%

MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

Postby MasterBlaster » Mon Feb 05, 2018

PeacePeople wrote:The Pats tied with Denver for most Superbowl losses....interesting or maybe fitting???

Pats have 5 SB wins and 3 losses, so Pat's have played well enough to go 8 times, you're not saying that it's better to not make a SB than to loose one? How many wins does Denver have during free angency? Being second best in the NFL with all the parity is still an outstanding feat. How many Patriot SB's have been boring. Pat's still favored to win next year :lol: Understandable that most wanted Philly to win, it's great for the NFL to have new blood win. Great entertainment :clap:
Image ImageImage

MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

MaxGravy wrote:

Superbowl Losses:
Joe Montana: 0
Tom Brady: 3

Super Bowl Win Percentage:
Joe Montana: 100%
Tom Brady: 62.5%

Free Agency?
Image ImageImage

Tractor Man
Gold Supporter

Postby Tractor Man » Mon Feb 05, 2018

It's the old 'can you do it on the biggest stage' question.

Montana: YES!
Brady: Sometimes.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. Charles Bukowski
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. Voltaire

Image Image Image

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Feb 05, 2018

Tractor Man wrote:It's the old 'can you do it on the biggest stage' question.

Montana: YES!
Brady: Sometimes.

Jim Kelley and the Bills..... 0-4 (in a row)

:pop:

PeacePeople

Postby PeacePeople » Mon Feb 05, 2018

MasterBlaster wrote:

Pats have 5 SB wins and 3 losses, so Pat's have played well enough to go 8 times, you're not saying that it's better to not make a SB than to loose one? How many wins does Denver have during free angency? Being second best in the NFL with all the parity is still an outstanding feat. How many Patriot SB's have been boring. Pat's still favored to win next year :lol: Understandable that most wanted Philly to win, it's great for the NFL to have new blood win. Great entertainment :clap:

So you don't want to count the loss to the 85 Bears or 96 Packers? Do those not count or is that just a Patriot's fan thing?
ImageImageImage

MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

OK...I got off track, I was discussing The Brady era and I slipped and said Pats, like I said before, I would rather have gone and lost than never make it to the BIG game...Bronco's are 0-4 but they were second best, not first but better than third. You do not have to win to be a winner! Nobody. Sad Mike you so much hate or is it envy?
Image ImageImage

Tractor Man
Gold Supporter

Postby Tractor Man » Mon Feb 05, 2018

MasterBlaster wrote:OK...I got off track, I was discussing The Brady era and I slipped and said Pats, like I said before, I would rather have gone and lost than never make it to the BIG game...Bronco's are 0-4 but they were second best, not first but better than third. You do not have to win to be a winner! Nobody. Sad Mike you so much hate or is it envy?

The Broncos just won a couple years ago. Did you mean Bills?
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. Charles Bukowski

Image Image Image

MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

Tractor Man wrote:
MasterBlaster wrote:OK...I got off track, I was discussing The Brady era and I slipped and said Pats, like I said before, I would rather have gone and lost than never make it to the BIG game...Bronco's are 0-4 but they were second best, not first but better than third. You do not have to win to be a winner! Nobody. Sad Mike you so much hate or is it envy?

The Broncos just won a couple years ago. Did you mean Bills?

YES....Thank you Tractor it's been a long day :wave:
Image ImageImage

PeacePeople

Postby PeacePeople » Tue Feb 06, 2018

Neither... making it 8 times in 18 years is no small feat in and of itself... just ribbing... no more and no less... that and I prefer the coach got more of the credit than Brady, mostly because through all those years my belief is he should get more of the credit than anyone in that organization... for the most part, Pat's fans bow at the alter of Brady...and it's my belief that the coach is more important to that organization
ImageImageImage

PeacePeople

Postby PeacePeople » Tue Feb 06, 2018

It's a game and entertainment...so until they start paying your bills I wouldn't get too emotionally involved
ImageImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Tue Feb 06, 2018

Saints predicted to win Super Bowl 53 :clap:
And they will do it in the Dirty Birds own stadium, hehe

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 19f24.html

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/su ... xy9ulpk4sc
ImageImageImage

MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

Postby MasterBlaster » Tue Feb 06, 2018

McDaniel's NOT taking Colt's Head Coaching position, he will remain with Pat's as Off. Coordinator :clap:
Image ImageImage

Tractor Man
Gold Supporter

Postby Tractor Man » Tue Feb 06, 2018

MasterBlaster wrote:McDaniel's NOT taking Colt's Head Coaching position, he will remain with Pat's as Off. Coordinator :clap:

Whoa! I thought that was a done-deal.

Image Image Image

MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

Postby MasterBlaster » Tue Feb 06, 2018

Tractor Man wrote:
MasterBlaster wrote:McDaniel's NOT taking Colt's Head Coaching position, he will remain with Pat's as Off. Coordinator :clap:

Whoa! I thought that was a done-deal.

Colt's already signed McD's assistants earlier before he bailed, which might make a new coach uneasy. He claimed he decided he didn't want to uproot his family again :shifty: I hope there's more to this, changing your mind after being introduced as coach, even though he hadn't signed a contract is not right, even to this die hard Pat's fan.
Image ImageImage

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Tue Feb 06, 2018

Agent Scott Boras said the number of major league teams rebuilding with younger, lowercost rosters has become a cancer to the sport, attributing behavior to the strengthened luxury tax combining with restraints on draft-pick salaries.

Boras attributes baseball’s attendance drop to an increase in noncompetitive teams, predicts fans from perennial losers will increasingly stay away from ballparks until ticket prices are cut and says regional sports networks will negotiate lower rights fees with teams going into rebuild cycles.

https://www.pressreader.com/usa/the-was ... 8090909556

Lower ticket prices and lower fees from RSNs sound like good things to me. MLB players seem way overpaid, especially compared to NFL players who risk much more damage and have much shorter careers.

Tractor Man
Gold Supporter

Postby Tractor Man » Wed Feb 07, 2018

jcz1 wrote:
Agent Scott Boras said the number of major league teams rebuilding with younger, lowercost rosters has become a cancer to the sport, attributing behavior to the strengthened luxury tax combining with restraints on draft-pick salaries.

Boras attributes baseball’s attendance drop to an increase in noncompetitive teams, predicts fans from perennial losers will increasingly stay away from ballparks until ticket prices are cut and says regional sports networks will negotiate lower rights fees with teams going into rebuild cycles.

https://www.pressreader.com/usa/the-was ... 8090909556

Lower ticket prices and lower fees from RSNs sound like good things to me. MLB players seem way overpaid, especially compared to NFL players who risk much more damage and have much shorter careers.

This has been coming for a long time. I am a Cardinal die-hard who didn't mind one bit to let Pujols go to LA. $240 million? You gotta be kiddin' me! He already played his best baseball!

There are many factors at play. First, it's a by-product of the "old way." While everyone else payed up, we've seen the cubs tanked for a few years to build it up, the Astros did it too and won the WS this past year. The rest of baseball has been paying attention. There's like 10 teams who are basically non-contenders in 2018 and will not pay up, thinking they can recreate that model.

Also, the big-market teams are bumping their heads against the luxury tax threshold and are not going to remain over that, so they're not gonna pay up. The $$ numbers seemed so big when the agreement was made, but now that's affecting free-agent $$. Oops.

Most importantly, teams will no longer pay for what was accomplished in the past. Baseball players are used to getting paid into their twilight for what they DID in the past. Teams are finally adopting a better business model and paying for what they're going to GET.

Under the next agreement, I suspect the choke collar that currently exists for players in their arbitration years will be dramatically loosened.

NFL players need a player's union. Contracts that aren't worth the paper they're written on? Sheeesh!

Image Image Image

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Wed Feb 07, 2018

Sounds like it, but this is NOT fake news:

Russell Wilson Traded to Yankees

“The reason this is so special to me,” Wilson told The MMQB in a telephone interview, “is that I used to always tell my dad I always wanted to be a Yankee. I said to him, ‘Some day, Dad, I will be a Yankee.’ And so now that dream has come true—a little bit. My main, No. 1 focus is winning Super Bowls and winning football games. But the reality is that baseball has always been a major part of my life, and I couldn’t be happier to be keeping that alive with the Yankees.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/07/russe ... es-rangers

MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

Postby MasterBlaster » Thu Feb 08, 2018

jcz1 wrote:Sounds like it, but this is NOT fake news:

Russell Wilson Traded to Yankees

“The reason this is so special to me,” Wilson told The MMQB in a telephone interview, “is that I used to always tell my dad I always wanted to be a Yankee. I said to him, ‘Some day, Dad, I will be a Yankee.’ And so now that dream has come true—a little bit. My main, No. 1 focus is winning Super Bowls and winning football games. But the reality is that baseball has always been a major part of my life, and I couldn’t be happier to be keeping that alive with the Yankees.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/07/russe ... es-rangers

2 weeks of spring training?
Image ImageImage

mnymgr1

huh ?

Postby mnymgr1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018

jimmy G is worth $27.5 million / year ?
played half a year in SF and he gets this ?
they wonder why people are tuning out of football

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/re ... smsnnews11
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

Return to “Burgers and Beers”