The Tailgate - Sports Central

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
jcz1

Re: The Tailgate - Sports Central

Postby jcz1 » Fri Apr 13, 2018

Cowboys release Dez Bryant. He seems like a perfect fit for the 'Skins (aging star, character issues), so I fully expect at least an offer from us. :thumbdown:

Tractor Man
Gold Supporter

Postby Tractor Man » Sat Apr 14, 2018

jcz1 wrote:Cowboys release Dez Bryant. He seems like a perfect fit for the 'Skins (aging star, character issues), so I fully expect at least an offer from us. :thumbdown:

I heard that very idea floated on sports radio on my drive home. Do your Redskins have a QB yet?

Edit: Oh yeah, Alex Smith. I forgot about him.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. Charles Bukowski
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. Voltaire

Image Image Image

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018

Tractor Man wrote:
jcz1 wrote:Cowboys release Dez Bryant. He seems like a perfect fit for the 'Skins (aging star, character issues), so I fully expect at least an offer from us. :thumbdown:

I heard that very idea floated on sports radio on my drive home. Do your Redskins have a QB yet?

We also traded for someone from Cleveland. Not good enough for the Browns, perfect for the 'Skins!

PeacePeople

Postby PeacePeople » Sat Apr 14, 2018

jcz1 wrote:
Tractor Man wrote:

We also traded for someone from Cleveland. Not good enough for the Browns, perfect for the 'Skins!

It's all good in Daniel Snyder's mind. He'll just raise ticket prices to pay for additional security and personal trainers....no problem from his viewpoint
ImageImageImage

1rebel

Postby 1rebel » Tue Apr 17, 2018

What do y’all think about Bryce Harper’s broken bat homerun? :?: That is crazy power going 406 feet!

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Fri Apr 20, 2018

This guy here.. a lot things are being said about Darrius and thats good in a way bc hopefully the Saints will have the chance to draft him. We love exciting running backs and i bet he would love to play in NOLA.

ImageImageImage

mnymgr1

everyone knew this was coming, right ?

Postby mnymgr1 » Tue Apr 24, 2018

Heading a ball in soccer is bad for the brain :pop:

http://www.philly.com/philly/health/top ... sions.html
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

deenz
Silver Supporter

Re: everyone knew this was coming, right ?

Postby deenz » Tue Apr 24, 2018

mnymgr1 wrote:Heading a ball in soccer is bad for the brain :pop:

http://www.philly.com/philly/health/top ... sions.html

There's a paywall for the article, but NCFC (large local youth division, allied with our local semi-pro team) rules don't allow kids to head the ball until a certain age. At U9, my son's team's goalies are still not allowed to punt the ball, as this would increase the likelihood of a header and issues resulting from that header. Even a header on a bouncing ball results in a penalty at this age. I played soccer for years (and still do), and am completely okay with this.
I think that this is really similar to the NFL showing that it is the repeated hits that do damage, not just big hits.

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Fri Apr 27, 2018

I cant believe that the Saints passed on Lamar Jackson, especially since Coach Peyton was talking him up before the draft. And they traded up 13 spots in the first round for a DE? :cry:
Come on Man!
Last edited by Purple and Gold on Fri Apr 27, 2018, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

1rebel

Postby 1rebel » Fri Apr 27, 2018

Purple and Gold wrote:This guy here.. a lot things are being said about Darrius and thats good in a way bc hopefully the Saints will have the chance to draft him. We love exciting running backs and i bet he would love to play in NOLA.

The Washington Redskin got a steal by picking Darrius Guice with the 59th pick!!

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Fri Apr 27, 2018

1rebel wrote:
Purple and Gold wrote:This guy here.. a lot things are being said about Darrius and thats good in a way bc hopefully the Saints will have the chance to draft him. We love exciting running backs and i bet he would love to play in NOLA.

The Washington Redskin got a steal by picking Darrius Guice with the 59th pick!!

They sure did, he is a player. I was hoping for a few more holdouts until the Saints had a pick in the 3rd round. Whichever lucky team drafts DJ Chalk, WR will be getting another bargain now.
Good luck to Darrius. The Redskins will be my 2nd favorite team now :)
ImageImageImage

Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Fri Apr 27, 2018

I see Jason Whitten is thinking of retirement and going the MNF crew. I sure hope not, as a cowboys fan, I hate to see him go, but he has definitely put in his time and effort. One of the good guys on and off the field.
Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Sun Apr 29, 2018

Shaquem Griffin. The one handed LB now joins his twin as a Seahawk. This guy is special. Reminds me of the Saints kicker Tom Dempsey who set the long distance FG record kicking with his half foot.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/shaq ... s-of-hand/
ImageImageImage

Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Sun Apr 29, 2018

Purple and Gold wrote:Shaquem Griffin. The one handed LB now joins his twin as a Seahawk. This guy is special. Reminds me of the Saints kicker Tom Dempsey who set the long distance FG record kicking with his half foot.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/shaq ... s-of-hand/

Or Jim Abbott the one handed MLB pitcher. Would pitch the ball with his glove resting on his other arm. Pitched a no hitter with the Yanks as well.
Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Sun Apr 29, 2018

Super Stacker PCB wrote:Or Jim Abbott the one handed MLB pitcher. Would pitch the ball with his glove resting on his other arm. Pitched a no hitter with the Yanks as well.

8-)
ImageImageImage

MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

Postby MasterBlaster » Tue May 01, 2018

Pat's draft LSU QB Danny Etling.....what say you Purple and Gold?
ImageImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Tue May 01, 2018

I saw that and was surprised. Patriots must not be serious about a QB this year bc they passed on a few good QBs and waited until the 7th round to choose? I never was a Etling fan, seems he panics under pressure but he does protect the ball well. Threw only 2 interceptions last year. I dont see Danny as a starter anywhere but i wish him and the Patriots good luck.
The Tigers will never beat Bama until we get our QB, we have most everything else.
And im still disappointed that the Saints passed on Lamar Jackson :( Brees aint gonna be around for us much longer
ImageImageImage

MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

Postby MasterBlaster » Tue May 01, 2018

Purple and Gold wrote:I saw that and was surprised. Patriots must not be serious about a QB this year bc they passed on a few good QBs and waited until the 7th round to choose? I never was a Etling fan, seems he panics under pressure but he does protect the ball well. Threw only 2 interceptions last year. I dont see Danny as a starter anywhere but i wish him and the Patriots good luck.
The Tigers will never beat Bama until we get our QB, we have most everything else.
And im still disappointed that the Saints passed on Lamar Jackson :( Brees aint gonna be around for us much longer

Most all sports writers here say the same as you but next year BB has traded for more 2nd and 3rd round picks next year, maybe Etling pans out, remember when TB was picked last 18 yrs ago?
ImageImageImage

Purple and Gold

MasterBlaster wrote:
Purple and Gold wrote:I saw that and was surprised. Patriots must not be serious about a QB this year bc they passed on a few good QBs and waited until the 7th round to choose? I never was a Etling fan, seems he panics under pressure but he does protect the ball well. Threw only 2 interceptions last year. I dont see Danny as a starter anywhere but i wish him and the Patriots good luck.

Most all sports writers here say the same as you but next year BB has traded for more 2nd and 3rd round picks next year, maybe Etling pans out, remember when TB was picked last 18 yrs ago?

It could work out for Etling if the Patriots take the time to sculpt him into what they want. And thats the thing with the Saints pick this year, they didnt even have a 2nd round pick to chose and traded next years first round pick :roll: to move up 13 spots in the first round this year, to draft a... DE. Now we dont get a first round pick next year :cry: wth?
Last edited by Purple and Gold on Tue May 01, 2018, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Purple and Gold

Good luck to the N.O. Pelicans, going up against the Warriors in game 2 >>> Steph Curry returns tonight.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Burgers and Beers”