>>Snakes, Chickens and Coops!<<

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
pitw
Gold Supporter
Posts: 2116
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014
Location: Alberta

Re: >>Snakes, Chickens and Coops!<<

Postby pitw » Thu Aug 18, 2016

Walkabout wrote:Killing a non-venomous snake is illegal in the state of Georgia, and for good reason. They dont hurt anything and they serve important ecological purposes. Jesus said if a man steals your shirt, offer him your jacket too. Why not let the snake have a few chicken eggs. Get one more chicken?


soooooooooooo much for me going to Georgia. :shock:

User avatar
Walkabout
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016

Re: >>Snakes, Chickens and Coops!<<

Postby Walkabout » Thu Aug 18, 2016

pitw wrote:
Walkabout wrote:Killing a non-venomous snake is illegal in the state of Georgia, and for good reason. They dont hurt anything and they serve important ecological purposes. Jesus said if a man steals your shirt, offer him your jacket too. Why not let the snake have a few chicken eggs. Get one more chicken?


soooooooooooo much for me going to Georgia. :shock:


Because of the snakes or because of me? Im not even christian although i do agree with extending the courtesy to animals i just figure a lot of people are.

AGhead
Posts: 1028
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014
Location: recliner

Re: >>Snakes, Chickens and Coops!<<

Postby AGhead » Thu Aug 18, 2016

...The same snake would get cheesed at me if I was getting its eggs.
As for my neighbor the snake, fair warning, "Stay out of my wife's eggs!...and her chickens too!" (unless she offers them) "And stay out of her coop too! She don't like you!" :x

My closest neighbor is 1/2 mile through the woods. Their dogs showed up one morning and killed 6 good laying hens. My rooster was doing his best to fend for his girls.
I had to put him down he was so tore up. I gave one of my neighbor's dogs a jacket (Full M) :twisted: , the other got away- never came back.....smart dog.
....RIP 'Junior' our beloved rooster
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

User avatar
Rik Bitter
Gold Jester
Posts: 2303
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016
Location: PA

Re: >>Snakes, Chickens and Coops!<<

Postby Rik Bitter » Fri Aug 19, 2016

Walkabout wrote:Killing a non-venomous snake is illegal in the state of Georgia, and for good reason. They dont hurt anything and they serve important ecological purposes. Jesus said if a man steals your shirt, offer him your jacket too. Why not let the snake have a few chicken eggs. Get one more chicken?


Conversely, If you provide for a parasite, you are guaranteed to get more parasites.
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #17 & 18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***


ImageImage

pitw
Gold Supporter
Posts: 2116
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014
Location: Alberta

Re: >>Snakes, Chickens and Coops!<<

Postby pitw » Fri Aug 19, 2016

Walkabout wrote:
pitw wrote:
Walkabout wrote:Killing a non-venomous snake is illegal in the state of Georgia, and for good reason. They dont hurt anything and they serve important ecological purposes. Jesus said if a man steals your shirt, offer him your jacket too. Why not let the snake have a few chicken eggs. Get one more chicken?


soooooooooooo much for me going to Georgia. :shock:


Because of the snakes or because of me? Im not even christian although i do agree with extending the courtesy to animals i just figure a lot of people are.



Because of the snakes. :lol:

User avatar
skylersfriend
Gold Jester
Posts: 3390
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010
Location: THE MOON!!!

Re: >>Snakes, Chickens and Coops!<<

Postby skylersfriend » Fri Aug 19, 2016

Don't try this at home; unless the tequilla really kicks in!!! It did take care of the snakes though...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08 ... r-heads-e/
Don't think of me as a cynic; I am an optimist with experience!
Image


“To think things out properly and fairly, a fellow's got to be calm and old and toothless: When you're an old gaffer with no teeth, it's easy to say: 'Damn it, boys, you mustn't bite!' But, when you've got all thirty-two teeth...” Nikos Kazantzakis..ZORBA THE GREEK

User avatar
lookinfordeals
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010
Location: Constitution State

Re: >>Snakes, Chickens and Coops!<<

Postby lookinfordeals » Fri Aug 19, 2016

skylersfriend wrote:Don't try this at home; unless the tequilla really kicks in!!! It did take care of the snakes though...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08 ... r-heads-e/



My guess is she wasn't really hungry. Doesn't look the type if you ask me.

AGhead
Posts: 1028
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014
Location: recliner

Re: >>Snakes, Chickens and Coops!<<

Postby AGhead » Sat Aug 20, 2016

skylersfriend wrote:Don't try this at home; unless the tequilla really kicks in!!! It did take care of the snakes though...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08 ... r-heads-e/


That chick is impresssive :sick: . My lovely wife will not even "suck the heads" on crawdads.
No snake caught today...
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

User avatar
dru708
Posts: 1433
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013
Location: Athens of Indiana

Re: >>Snakes, Chickens and Coops!<<

Postby dru708 » Sat Aug 20, 2016

Has anyone mentioned pigs are great at killing & eating snakes?

God Himself likes bacon and eggs.
Rich man's war. Poor man's fight.

User avatar
Purple and Gold
Posts: 8486
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009

Re: >>Snakes, Chickens and Coops!<<

Postby Purple and Gold » Sun Aug 21, 2016

dru708 wrote:Has anyone mentioned pigs are great at killing & eating snakes?

God Himself likes bacon and eggs.


Geese will kill snakes too. Geese are great watch "dogs"
ImageImageImage

pitw
Gold Supporter
Posts: 2116
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014
Location: Alberta

Re: >>Snakes, Chickens and Coops!<<

Postby pitw » Sun Aug 21, 2016

Purple and Gold wrote:
dru708 wrote:Has anyone mentioned pigs are great at killing & eating snakes?

God Himself likes bacon and eggs.


Geese will kill snakes too. Geese are great watch "dogs"


Certainly are but the bastids will chew the wiring on vehicles too. :thumbdown:

wolvesdad
Posts: 571
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016

Re: >>Snakes, Chickens and Coops!<<

Postby wolvesdad » Sun Aug 21, 2016

Walkabout wrote:Killing a non-venomous snake is illegal in the state of Georgia, and for good reason. They dont hurt anything and they serve important ecological purposes.


You'd like my videos, I'm more comfortable with creepy crawlies, than most!
A Western Ribbon snake (a tiny baby) http://youtu.be/ssFVnZkAN6U

And playlist of some creepy crawlie videos I've published:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 7Oa7e27gSn

Enjoy!!
Do you STEEMIT yet? Get paid to Blog and chat: www.steemit.com/@em3
If you like YouTube: e=m3 Making Metal Mine for my take on Silver and coin investing, plus a little humor and random numi stuff
;) https://youtu.be/4qtWLWogfGU :thumbup:

User avatar
dru708
Posts: 1433
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013
Location: Athens of Indiana

Re: >>Snakes, Chickens and Coops!<<

Postby dru708 » Sun Aug 21, 2016

Purple and Gold wrote:
dru708 wrote:Has anyone mentioned pigs are great at killing & eating snakes?

God Himself likes bacon and eggs.


Geese will kill snakes too. Geese are great watch "dogs"


Geese bacon is kinda fatty tho rofl
Rich man's war. Poor man's fight.

User avatar
Purple and Gold
Posts: 8486
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009

Re: >>Snakes, Chickens and Coops!<<

Postby Purple and Gold » Sun Aug 21, 2016

Yesterday my neighbor's 30 :shock: alligators :shock: escaped his alligator pen during the high water flood that is still going on in the Bluff Swamp. Yes, my neighbor keeps 30 Big azz gators as pets! :? This is directly behind my house, and the flood waters have made it onto my property.
Ive Only seen ducks , frogs and snakes so far but im watching where i step for a while.

Here is a link to a New Orleans TV station report

http://www.wwltv.com/weather/flooding/r ... /303460821

PS, update Frank has caught a few of his loose alligators with a rope around their neck. Only 25 left to find in a 50 square mile flooded swamp :P
ImageImageImage

User avatar
dru708
Posts: 1433
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013
Location: Athens of Indiana

Re: >>Snakes, Chickens and Coops!<<

Postby dru708 » Sun Aug 21, 2016

Their pets?? Not food on the... claw?
Rich man's war. Poor man's fight.

User avatar
Purple and Gold
Posts: 8486
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009

Re: >>Snakes, Chickens and Coops!<<

Postby Purple and Gold » Sun Aug 21, 2016

Yes, he has had those gators for 20 yrs :shifty: But Frank is a nature and wildlife conservation kind of guy, he owns 1300 acres of the swamp land around me. He raises exoctic birds also. Whenever i drive down his long gravel drive way to his house next to the swamp, his peacocks run along side of my car :) His place is all flooded now so i may be seeing some big birds around my house soon..and those emu's are mean...

http://www.wbrz.com/news/residents-work ... ayou-road/
ImageImageImage

AGhead
Posts: 1028
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014
Location: recliner

Re: >>Snakes, Chickens and Coops!<<

Postby AGhead » Sun Aug 21, 2016

wolvesdad wrote:
Walkabout wrote:Killing a non-venomous snake is illegal in the state of Georgia, and for good reason. They dont hurt anything and they serve important ecological purposes.


You'd like my videos, I'm more comfortable with creepy crawlies, than most!
A Western Ribbon snake (a tiny baby) http://youtu.be/ssFVnZkAN6U

And playlist of some creepy crawlie videos I've published:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 7Oa7e27gSn

Enjoy!!

In the Municipal Water business, unfortunately we have to read water meters.
Probably 90% of the in ground meter boxes have Black Widow spiders living in them. We reach into the box beside them to wipe the dial off and read the meter. We don't really have time to kill them.
I will get some pics of these killer beauties.
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

wolvesdad
Posts: 571
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016

Re: >>Snakes, Chickens and Coops!<<

Postby wolvesdad » Sun Aug 21, 2016

AGhead wrote:In the Municipal Water business, unfortunately we have to read water meters.
Probably 90% of the in ground meter boxes have Black Widow spiders living in them. We reach into the box beside them to wipe the dial off and read the meter. We don't really have time to kill them.
I will get some pics of these killer beauties.


The day that I did a couple of the Creepy Crawlie videos, I was looking around trying to get some shots of black widows. And I just couldn't find any. When I was young and growing up here, there were tons of them.

I have had ample encounters with the Brown Recluse. So that makes up for it....I guess.
Do you STEEMIT yet? Get paid to Blog and chat: www.steemit.com/@em3
If you like YouTube: e=m3 Making Metal Mine for my take on Silver and coin investing, plus a little humor and random numi stuff
;) https://youtu.be/4qtWLWogfGU :thumbup:

AGhead
Posts: 1028
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014
Location: recliner

Re: >>Snakes, Chickens and Coops!<<

Postby AGhead » Sun Aug 21, 2016

Me and wife took our evening stroll a couple hours ago. This little snake, about 12" long, was crossing driveway. I think it is a little ground rattler? :twisted: It was striking fast and alot. Its dead now.

rattler1.jpg
rattler1.jpg (50.92 KiB) Viewed 1078 times

rattler2.jpg
rattler2.jpg (40.43 KiB) Viewed 1078 times
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

AGhead
Posts: 1028
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014
Location: recliner

Re: >>Snakes, Chickens and Coops!<<

Postby AGhead » Sun Aug 21, 2016

wolvesdad wrote:
AGhead wrote:In the Municipal Water business, unfortunately we have to read water meters.
Probably 90% of the in ground meter boxes have Black Widow spiders living in them. We reach into the box beside them to wipe the dial off and read the meter. We don't really have time to kill them.
I will get some pics of these killer beauties.


The day that I did a couple of the Creepy Crawlie videos, I was looking around trying to get some shots of black widows. And I just couldn't find any. When I was young and growing up here, there were tons of them.

I have had ample encounters with the Brown Recluse. So that makes up for it....I guess.

As a kid I caught some black widows(with a stick), put them in a jar and brought them to school. They are very beautiful spiders- and bad dangerous. Teacher called dad...
The water meter boxes have some scorpions at times too. :evil:
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."


Return to “Burgers and Beers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mark v and 4 guests