Any Vegetarians here?

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
MaxGravy
Site Admin

Re: Any Vegetarians here?

Postby MaxGravy » Tue Aug 25, 2015

jcz1 wrote:
highroller4321 wrote:
Why do you ask? Thinking about switching?

What I'm looking for right now is any first-hand opinions from those who have tried one or more of the many frozen grocery-store options, from brands such as Morningstar Farms, LightLife, and others in the Veggie/Vegan marketplace.

Amy's Burritos. They make several that are vegan. They do have added oil but still healthier than most frozen meals. Very easy to cook in the microwave.
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

scottcped

Postby scottcped » Tue Aug 25, 2015

jcz1 wrote:
highroller4321 wrote:

What I'm looking for right now is any first-hand opinions from those who have tried one or more of the many frozen grocery-store options, from brands such as Morningstar Farms, LightLife, and others in the Veggie/Vegan marketplace.

Amy's Indian (Not all Indian food), is vegan. We have many in our freezer. The pot pies are great! I like the Samosa wraps, I really like the Paneer.

I'm allergic to nuts so I have to watch out for that, b/c they seem to be a meat replacement thingy.

My wife and I buy freeze dried soups & chilis from HarmonyHouseFoods.com. We tried them looking for Just in case food. We LOVE them. The faux chicken, beef and ham are great too. (It's soy). Just had the chicken veggie soup last night. YUM! OH!!! My lovely found this veggie stock concentrate called Kitchen Accomplice. It has less sodium than the other stuff AND tastes better.
ImageImageImage

everything

Postby everything » Tue Aug 25, 2015

Kind of. I don't eat anything boxed, or processed, all cooked from scratch and carefully sourced. If I want eggs/meat I go to a farm where it is produced to verify it is done both organically and in sustainable fashion. It doesn't matter what it cost because I eat so little animal protein anyway. I tend to have fruit for breakfast, vegetarian for dinner and try and fit 4 oz. of animal protein in for lunch along with vegetables. I also try to eat 80/20 alkaline/acid.

Now we have 4 GMO potatoes and 2 GMO apples coming down the pipeline.

highroller4321

Postby highroller4321 » Tue Aug 25, 2015

jcz1 wrote:
highroller4321 wrote:

The girlfriend eats morningstar but I prefer things that aren't majorly soy based. Soy actually isn't good for you! I ate morningstar for a few months and would always feel sickly. After I stopped eating them it all went away!

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Tue Aug 25, 2015

highroller4321 wrote: Soy actually isn't good for you.

Especially for guys.

pitw
Gold Supporter

Postby pitw » Wed Aug 26, 2015

What are our canines for?

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Wed Aug 26, 2015

pitw wrote:What are our canines for?

Carnivores have long sharp curved canines. Humans have short and blunted canines.

Humans are naturally plant-eaters according to the best evidence: our bodies

Fact: Human anatomy suggests otherwise. We're designed to be able to eat meat occasionally, as a survival mechanism, but our digestive systems are very similar to those of the other plant-eaters and totally unlike those of carnivores. Also, the less meat someone eats, the less their risk of just about every major disease. Finally, people who don't eat meat have better physical performance, whether they're athletes or not. The argument that humans are carnivores because we possess "canine" teeth ignores the facts that other plant-eaters have these same so-called canine teeth, and that only plant-eaters have molar teeth.
ImageImageImage

Coinfolio

Postby Coinfolio » Wed Aug 26, 2015

"What I'm looking for right now is any first-hand opinions from those who have tried one or more of the many frozen grocery-store options, from brands such as Morningstar Farms, LightLife, and others in the Veggie/Vegan marketplace"

Hi, Here is a start. This is vegan. For the frozen, we eat the Gardein products, the fish fillets are great. For mayo we use the Just Mayo brand. We also like most of the garden burger type products and will crumble those up for taco filling. We make Yumm bowls, eat Vegan pizza, make sammiches out of tofurky. Vegan pancakes with coconut milk are the best I have ever had. On the fast food side, taco bell will make most everything they have "fresca" which replaces the cheese with salsa and you can order bean tacos instead of their taco meat filling. For off the shelf cookies, go with Oreos. There is also vegan ice cream at most major supermarkets, not the same for me but I was never a big ice cream person anyway so I just skip it. Anyway I hope some of that appeals to your taste buds.
Get free money back on many internet purchases. Click on link for ez sign up, message me with any questions and I will help you. http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=373651

MaryB

Postby MaryB » Wed Aug 26, 2015

Vegetarian: Sioux for can't hunt...

I eat a heavily veg based diet but I love beef and eat grass fed a couple times a week from the quarter I buy. typical supper is like tonight's, Leaf lettuce, mustard spinach, kale salad with tomato and radishes, all from my garden. Then I am having beef gravy over homemade bread made from organic wheat(old strain, not a GMO)

HustliN

Postby HustliN » Wed Aug 26, 2015

I tried both diets etc. Done decent enough reasearch on both. In the end the diet I'm currently on is one that avoids any processed sugars, soy, vegetable oil and some other things I forgot :lol: These will go against all conventional wisdom

I eat lots of EGGS and meats. Yes you heard me. I'm a strong believer that saturated fat is one of the healthiest fats out there! people should be consuming more of these .I feel generally pretty good when I eat these and find them easy to digest on my body. They are natures fat. 0 processing involved.

In my opinion the human body is more like a dog digestions. Dog are meant to eat meat. But they can adjust to eat carbs, veggies etc. We don't have a certain enzyme in our stomach to digest RAW veggies. I'm a big fan of COOKED veggies as they're easier to digest for the human digestive system.

Anyways I've never felt better. Veggies are great. I just say they should generally be cooked with some fat ie butter or etc to make them easily digestable and nutrients to be absorbed.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Wed Aug 26, 2015

Carnivore, Omnivore, or Herbivore?

Intestines
A carnivore’s or omnivore’s small intestine is 3 to 6 times the length of its trunk. This is designed for rapid elimination of food that rots quickly. An herbivore’s small intestine is 10 to 12 times the length of its trunk, and winds itself back and forth in random directions. This is designed for keeping food in it for long enough periods of time to extract all the valuable nutrients and minerals before the food enters the large intestine.

A carnivore’s or omnivore’s large intestine is relatively short and simple, like a pipe. This passage is also relatively smooth and runs fairly straight so that fatty wastes high in cholesterol can easily slide out before they start to putrefy. (This is why it’s impossible for carnivores to get cancer or heart disease from high cholesterol and clogged arteries.) An herbivore’s large intestine, or colon, is puckered and pouched, an apparatus that runs in three directions (ascending, traversing and descending), designed to hold wastes that originally were foods high in water content. This is so that the fluids can be extracted from these wastes, now that all the useful nutrients and minerals have been extracted. Substances high in fat and cholesterol that have been putrefying for hours during their long stay in the small intestine tend to get stuck in the pockets that line the large intestine. (Vegetarians have lower rates of colon cancer.)

Care to guess which type of intestines we have? (Hint: Human small intestines are about 10 times our torso length and our large intestines are puckered.)

Stomach
A carnivore can eat rotting, bacteria-ridden flesh completely raw without getting sick. They have stomach acids that kill the bad stuff and allow them to digest the rest without puking their guts up. Their stomach secretes powerful digestive enzymes with about 10 times the amount of hydrochloric acid than that of a human or herbivore. The pH of a carnivore’s stomach is around 1-2 (highly acidic) with food in the stomach. For herbivores and humans, the pH ranges from 4 – 5 with food in the stomach. Hence, man must cook his meats. Ever try to eat road kill? Or a freshly dead chicken, completely raw? Give it a shot and let me know how it works out for you. E. Coli bacteria, salmonella, campylobacter, trichina worms, parasites, or other pathogens would not survive in the stomach of a lion.A carnivore’s or omnivore’s small intestine is 3 to 6 times the length of its trunk. This is designed for rapid elimination of food that rots quickly. An herbivore’s small intestine is 10 to 12 times the length of its trunk, and winds itself back and forth in random directions. This is designed for keeping food in it for long enough periods of time to extract all the valuable nutrients and minerals before the food enters the large intestine.
ImageImageImage

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Wed Aug 26, 2015

All this talk of animal innards is making me hungry for some tripe. :mrgreen: :wave:

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Thu Aug 27, 2015

fredzoyt wrote:All this talk of animal innards is making me hungry for some tripe. :mrgreen: :wave:

So your body isn't a temple? :?

Genesis 1:29
And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food.

Genesis 1:30
And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so.

Deuteronomy 14:8
And the pig, because it parts the hoof but does not chew the cud, is unclean for you. Their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch.

Ezekiel 47:12
And on the banks, on both sides of the river, there will grow all kinds of trees for food. Their leaves will not wither, nor their fruit fail, but they will bear fresh fruit every month, because the water for them flows from the sanctuary. Their fruit will be for food, and their leaves for healing.”

Daniel 1:11-16
11 Daniel then said to the guard whom the chief official had appointed over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah, 12 “Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink. 13 Then compare our appearance with that of the young men who eat the royal food, and treat your servants in accordance with what you see.” 14 So he agreed to this and tested them for ten days.
15 At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food. 16 So the guard took away their choice food and the wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables instead.

Romans 14:21
It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause any man to stumble.
ImageImageImage

Coinfolio

Postby Coinfolio » Thu Aug 27, 2015

Along with the negative health effects that meat eaters suffer, the cruelty that occurs on the factory farms, environmentally animal agriculture is devastating the planet. http://www.cowspiracy.com/
Get free money back on many internet purchases. Click on link for ez sign up, message me with any questions and I will help you. http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=373651

HustliN

Postby HustliN » Thu Aug 27, 2015

^

yes very sad. Thats why I recommend eating local grass fed beef. As least its not from factory farms that constantly feeds them GMO. Supporting local small farmers is a start to fixing our food system!

InfleXion

Postby InfleXion » Thu Aug 27, 2015

MaxGravy wrote:
fredzoyt wrote:All this talk of animal innards is making me hungry for some tripe. :mrgreen: :wave:

Matthew 15:11 - "What goes into someone's mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them."

The law was abolished when Christ came to die for our sins, because after that salvation was a matter of faith plus works, not strictly works. The law was also an anomaly in the historical timeline. For example, the mark God placed on Cain was to prevent anyone from harming him, not to single him out. Under the law, Cain would not have retained his life. Moses brought the law because people were worshipping false idols and so it was a time of reprimand essentially. As for the pork (and shrimp) thing specifically, it was simply a matter of health in a time when there weren't good refrigeration techniques.

With regard to the Romans passage, it's essentially another version of the one that says if your right hand causes you to sin then cut it off. If something causes you to stumble then avoid it. If it doesn't cause you to stumble, then it's not a problem.

As for me, I haven't met a food I didn't like as long as it's prepared how I like it! Although I'll take the beef pho over the tripe hands down :lol:
Last edited by InfleXion on Thu Aug 27, 2015, edited 2 times in total.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

Be wary of he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

http://search.lores.eu/indexo.htm

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Thu Aug 27, 2015

InfleXion wrote:
MaxGravy wrote:

Matthew 15:11 - "What goes into someone's mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them."

The law was abolished when Christ came to die for our sins, because after that salvation was a matter of faith plus works, not strictly works. The law was also an anomaly in the historical timeline. For example, the mark God placed on Cain was to prevent anyone from harming him, not to single him out. Under the law, Cain would not have retained his life. Moses brought the law because people were worshipping false idols and so it was a time of reprimand essentially. As for the pork (and shrimp) thing specifically, it was simply a matter of health in a time when there weren't good refrigeration techniques.

With regard to the Romans passage, it's essentially another version of the one that says if your right hand causes you to sin then cut it off. If something causes you to stumble then avoid it. If it doesn't cause you to stumble, then it's not a problem.

As for me, I haven't met a food I didn't like as long as it's prepared how I like it! Although I'll take the beef pho over the tripe hands down :lol:

So we can interpret the bible however we please? That's good to know. Thanks! :thumbup:
ImageImageImage

InfleXion

Postby InfleXion » Thu Aug 27, 2015

We certainly can, we have free will. However, I have given you what I consider to be sound scriptural interpretation, regardless of what suits me. My desire is to understand the Word and the will of God, not to mold it. Could I be wrong? Of course. I trust if that is the case a more educated Christian will correct me.

I had a friend growing up who married into 7th Day Adventist. They were not allowed to eat pork, and did not ascribe to my explanation of the law being abolished. There are definitely variances in interpretation with different denominations, but I am non-denominational FWIW.

All this being said, I would never argue that pork is good for your diet. It just isn't a sin to eat it.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

Be wary of he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

http://search.lores.eu/indexo.htm

oswarped

Postby oswarped » Thu Aug 27, 2015

Yep! Winter is on the way and Menudo is on the menu!

Coinfolio

Postby Coinfolio » Thu Aug 27, 2015

HustliN wrote:^

yes very sad. Thats why I recommend eating local grass fed beef. As least its not from factory farms that constantly feeds them GMO. Supporting local small farmers is a start to fixing our food system!

I agree it's better to go with the local grass fed beef. Not considering any other factors though, there are not enough of the family farms to even come close to feeding the meat eating population.

Return to “Burgers and Beers”