How can this be burgers and beers without a beer thread?

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
Leprechaun gold

Re: How can this be burgers and beers without a beer thread?

Postby Leprechaun gold » Tue Apr 07, 2015

MaxGravy wrote:
Engineer wrote:
MaxGravy wrote:
Leprechaun gold wrote:Guinness have just brought out a new larger,(a first for Guinness ) called hop house 13 , double hopped ect ect ect , don't know how good yet but the advertising campaign has been very subtle , has me interested :thumbup:

I've never understood the appeal of Guinness. Guess my tastebuds just aren't that refined. It tastes like burnt motor oil to me.

Guinness in the US might be different from the authentic stuff LG drinks.

Regarding tastes in beer, most Americans seem to like large quantities of the cheap, mass-produced stuff that's the equivalent to Kraft cheese slices.

The stuff I drink is more like extra-sharp cheddar.

I've had a few pints in Europe but not in the UK. I remember it tasting a little better but I just can't get past that burnt taste.

Only one place to drink Guinness , gods own country , done the Guinness brewery tour this year ,for first time , amazing to see the history and the size of consumption worldwide , Guinness had private railways and fleets of sail and steamer ships at turn of last century , ( hard to believe that Guinness is sold in most countries worldwide , no matter what beer is on offer ,Guinness is always part of the choice ) the beauty of Guinness to me is the non gas , allowing you to drink more without being bloated ( the god fearing members will strike me down for that statement) it also numbs the body from the toes upwards , allowing singing and talking bull shite for longer periods of time , also cuts down on toilet visits , which is handy after 7/8 pints ,as legs no longer work :lol:
Image Image Image

blackkramer

Postby blackkramer » Tue Apr 07, 2015

It is sad that mass produced swill such as Canadian, Bud, and Coors is so popular in North America. Ugh, I'll stick to water thank you.

There is a small brewery near where I go on holidays that sells an organic stout called The Backhand of God. Just fantastic! I always grab a few growlers of it for my week away.

Lots of small breweries are popping up all over and thats excellent. The local Coop liquor stores are really carrying a lot of them these days and they promote them all the time. Now is a great time to be a fan of real beer!

MaryB

Postby MaryB » Tue Apr 07, 2015

Fat Tire is my go to ale, this brewery makes some "interesting" beers http://braubeer.com/the-beer/ Bancreagie is good but not one I can drink all the time. I will have some on hand for BBQ's where it will pair with ribs really well.

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Tue Apr 07, 2015

Today is National Beer Day
enjoy :angel:
ImageImageImage

H2SO4
Gold Jeeper

Postby H2SO4 » Tue Apr 07, 2015

Fat Tire, Sawtooth, Shift and Buffalo Gold are some of my favorite local brews. Dog Fish Head also rocks- AND they use quality ingredients. :thumbup:
Always looking for BS Bars- any serial numbers. Buy/Trade

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Tue Apr 07, 2015

a local beer,, Abita Springs Purple Haze
ImageImageImage

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Tue Apr 07, 2015

Purple and Gold wrote:a local beer,, Abita Springs Purple Haze

I like Abita Amber
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

ShelbyGT500

Postby ShelbyGT500 » Tue Apr 07, 2015

Beer tastes like horse piss. I prefer premium bourbons like Pappy Van Winkle, George T. Stagg and A.H. Hirsch.
You can never have enough friends, horsepower or ammunition.

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Tue Apr 07, 2015

ShelbyGT500 wrote:Beer tastes like horse piss. I prefer premium bourbons like Pappy Van Winkle, George T. Stagg and A.H. Hirsch.

You have tasted horse piss? :?
ImageImageImage

smackvay
Gold Supporter

Postby smackvay » Tue Apr 07, 2015

i don't drink much beer anymore BUT bring out a quart of clear or strawberry shine and im your guy (as i go to freezer to get ...............................................)
Help support bullionstacker by becoming a supporting member!!!
pm me for details or click on the support Bullionstacker button to the left
WVU Fan, just ask and I will tell you!!!!!

Rodebaugh
Jester

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Apr 08, 2015

ShelbyGT500 wrote:Beer tastes like horse piss. I prefer premium bourbons like Pappy Van Winkle, George T. Stagg and A.H. Hirsch.

Going horse shopping tomorrow. :shifty:

BotanicusRex
Supporter

Postby BotanicusRex » Wed Apr 08, 2015

ShelbyGT500 wrote:Beer tastes like horse piss.

Thanks for the tip... but I think I'll just stick with beer.
"You have a choice between the natural stability of gold, and the honesty and intelligence of the members of government. Vote for Gold."........ George Bernard Shaw

pitw
Gold Supporter

Postby pitw » Wed Apr 08, 2015

Sounds like we dont have a bunch of ranchers on here who don't know the true pleasures in life. :lol: :lol:

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Wed Apr 08, 2015

Horses probably pi$$ in a day about as much as I was drinking a day, volume wise :|
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

GnarlyOldman

Postby GnarlyOldman » Wed Apr 08, 2015

Leprechaun gold wrote:Guinness have just brought out a new larger,(a first for Guinness ) called hop house 13 , double hopped ect ect ect , don't know how good yet but the advertising campaign has been very subtle , has me interested :thumbup:

I guess they are using west coast hops in that version. The first commerial mispronounced willamette valley so bad they had to redo it. :lol: (heavy german Will I Met)
Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds tasty.

GnarlyOldman

Postby GnarlyOldman » Wed Apr 08, 2015

I found a cool beer business the other day, this tavour.com place just opened for west coasters and they deliver!
Their darn email description got me again and I just ordered some Mad River Brewings 9% Humbolt Brownie Stout. Should be tasty with some brisket.

(Shameless referral link so I can afford some more) :mrgreen:
https://www.tavour.com/?invitedby=14940#page-about

BotanicusRex
Supporter

Postby BotanicusRex » Wed Apr 08, 2015

After three years of very extensive research - thanks to the USAF, a class A pass, a beater '54 Fa-Vay, and just enough pay for thorough testing - I can assure everyone that the best beer on earth is produced in the small Bavarian town of Kulmbach... three exceptional breweries and one excellent brewery.

...and this place has to be on everyone's bucket list -- just plain fest bier but nobody cares :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah_a5-oU7gM
"You have a choice between the natural stability of gold, and the honesty and intelligence of the members of government. Vote for Gold."........ George Bernard Shaw

93 OCTANE
War Eagle Supporter

Postby 93 OCTANE » Wed Apr 08, 2015

lager guy here dont care for the brown and dark beers, my favorites are kokanee, dos equis and Baltica... if im forced to drink a brown beer its Victoria---got into some lemonade shine at the poker game last night, best ive ever had, tasted just like moms lemonade needless to say i didnt get out of bed until 145CST,, Have 3 quarts above the fridge now
Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid

BoxofGold
Platinum Supporter

Postby BoxofGold » Wed Apr 08, 2015

German wheats (Hefeweizen) used to be my favorites: Franziskaner, Weihenstephaner, etc. Lately, I'm liking a local IPA, Southern Hops’pitality, brewed down on the coast by Lazy Magnolia Brewery. If you're a fan of IPA's and come across some, I suggest you try it.
Image ImageImage Image Image

mnymgr1

Postby mnymgr1 » Wed Apr 08, 2015

well, I'm one of those cheap beer guys myself.
for uber cheap, can't go wrong with Milwaukee's Best Ice.
$11-12 for a 30pack.

I've had quite a few 'good' beers as well, have to stay away from those wheats or people can die around me a few hours later :oops: I have 4 beers in a storeroom that I've been meaning to use up, they are all fantastic, will find them tomorrow and mention the names.

I tried, real real hard, to buy into a local brewer about a year ago. I had no idea that everyone is trying to buy into every craft brewer everywhere... :lol: I made a more than fair offer and got zero response afterward. Just betting they will never achieve what we could have together, due to the simple fact living day2day makes it real difficult to reinvest profits into more equipment. This brewer sells out of their entire daily production within 24hrs. Great beer, but good God, do high end beers cost a ton....$9 for a bomber ????!!!!. I'd be in the poorhouse if I drank this stuff everyday.
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

Return to “Burgers and Beers”