Show off your toy thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
Mr. Ed
Group Buy Moderator

Re: Show off your toy thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Mr. Ed » Wed Sep 02, 2015

Silver Addict wrote:Haven't bought a new toy for a while, but picked this one up a couple weeks ago.

Very nice David. Is that a Street Glide ?
Vision without execution is hallucination

eventurer

Postby eventurer » Wed Sep 02, 2015

BoxofGold wrote:
Marsh wrote:Doesn't that drone have a feature where you can have a landing zone to fly back to once the battery starts to get low?

Yes. While the drone is warming up, it locks it's takeoff location via GPS. There are three ways it will return to it's takeoff location: 1) if it loses signal with the controller for more than 3 seconds, 2) you press the "Return to Home" button on the controller, and 3) a low battery condition. The drone continually calculates the amount of battery needed to return to the start location and once that amount is left, it will return to home. It will land itself in the "Return to Home" mode or, once you see it returning, you can cancel the RTH mode and land it yourself if desired. In RTH mode, it moves up or down to 100ft altitude (AGL) and takes the most direct course home.

They had one on sale for $999 + $150 gift card and was so close to buying one
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... ID=EBAY-US

http://youtu.be/7jJn7uvqgc0
How do you go bankrupt? First gradually, then suddenly....
http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

smackvay
Gold Supporter

Postby smackvay » Wed Oct 07, 2015

anyone have anything new to add ?
Help support bullionstacker by becoming a supporting member!!!
pm me for details or click on the support Bullionstacker button to the left
WVU Fan, just ask and I will tell you!!!!!

eventurer

Postby eventurer » Sat Oct 10, 2015

smackvay wrote:anyone have anything new to add ?

Per your request :lol:

Just picked this bad boy up last night - been looking for a bit and decided on Covette Stingray. Target was a 68-70, 72 at latest since that's when chrome bumper was changed. Decided 75 would work too since we'd both be 40 this year!

Found this guy had listed on eBay with his phone #. I called him up and asked him what his reserve was - $13k. Well below what I was looking at on earlier models. He didn't really want to end the auction and I didn't want to take a chance so I offered him $13.5k and he agreed. He lives about two hours from me so grabbed wife and a stack of cash and headed his way.

Guy was total gear head - 60 years old and been doing cars since he was a kid. He had a car lift in his home garage... Really nice guy and we talked for at least 30 mins before even getting to the car then talked for another hour after test driving it.

It's got a little less horsepower then the BMW at 420 vs 440hp and I am kind of spoiled by new German engineering. But it is great driving car and tons of sex appeal! And the motor sounds amazing. Straight pipes - no muffler just baffles.

For the gear heads here - this is what is under the hood: (all Charlie Brown teacher talk to newb like me)
This was an original L- 82 4 speed car. It now has a 355" small block 10.25 comp., Pro-Action alum heads, Comp-Cams hyd. cam,.510 lift 230 @.050, Edelbrock intake and 750 Holley carb. Complete MSD ign. with 6AL box. Hooker ceramic coated 1 7/8 headers and custom made chambered exhaust to the rear bumper. It really sounds good, not too loud, just right. Complete Classic Chevy's 5 speed conversion, bellhousing, flywheel, Centerforce clutch, Tremec TKO 600 5 speed trans and shifter that looks like the original 4 speed shifter Custom driveshaft, 3.55 limited slip axle. Front susp. completely rebuilt and new quick ratio steering box installed. New rear transverse spring and bushings. New tires and wheels, drilled and slotted EBC rotors, Hawk brake pads, and rebuilt calipers. New master cyl.

Big thanks to the BS members who had classic car experience and guided me through the process :thumbup:

smackvay
Gold Supporter

Postby smackvay » Sat Oct 10, 2015

COngrats on the new car!!! I think this car will serve you VERY well and it came in at half the price of the other one you was looking at. Whoever built the car put a lot of good parts into it.

Mike

CCC2010
Turtle Supporter

Postby CCC2010 » Sat Oct 10, 2015

That is indeed one Sexy looking car!!! :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :thumbup:
Image WTB:6 oz YPS Golf Ball. Pls.PM me.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sat Oct 10, 2015

Nice ride brother! Same color as SA's bagger. Coincidence? :lol:
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

blackkramer

Postby blackkramer » Sun Oct 11, 2015

Wow nice car!!! I love stingrays! Sounds like a pretty amazing price as well, I would gladly part with that amount of cash for something that beautiful.

smackvay
Gold Supporter

Postby smackvay » Mon Oct 12, 2015

blackkramer wrote:Wow nice car!!! I love stingrays! Sounds like a pretty amazing price as well, I would gladly part with that amount of cash for something that beautiful.

To find that car with all those parts in that condition is a steal!!

eventurer

Postby eventurer » Mon Oct 12, 2015

blackkramer wrote:Wow nice car!!! I love stingrays! Sounds like a pretty amazing price as well, I would gladly part with that amount of cash for something that beautiful.

I had to wait for the right one. Was tempted by a few others but for the money this was the best one. As smackvay pointed out to me basically I paid for the engine and got the body for free!

If I keep in current shape it should hold its value or increase.

MaxGravy wrote:Nice ride brother! Same color as SA's bagger. Coincidence? :lol:

Always thought SA had good taste - now I know!

eventurer

Postby eventurer » Sun Oct 25, 2015

Popped off the t tops and took her for a ride with up to mountains to check out fall leafs. It was a perfect day to do it! The more I drive it the more I like this ride

When I got back popped in the glass t tops that came with it. Really completes the 70's look ;)

bichettereds

Postby bichettereds » Sun Oct 25, 2015

Marlin 1894 and S&W 586, both in .357/.38

CZ 85 Combat and Glock 43, both 9mm.
ImageImage Image

scottcped

Postby scottcped » Thu Nov 12, 2015

1112150557.jpg
1112150557.jpg (81.64 KiB) Viewed 823 times

Cuts like a hot knife through butter! Awww Yeah! 8-) :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage

smackvay
Gold Supporter

Postby smackvay » Thu Nov 12, 2015

I've got one to ad on here and I will do so this evening
A Stihl chainsaw is hard to beat when it is cutting correctly.

grantwoodisgold

Postby grantwoodisgold » Thu Nov 12, 2015

smackvay wrote:.... when it is cutting correctly.

this is key
"SAUSAGE FLAVORED MEAT PELLETS, GRADE D BUT EDIBLE"
"Better 1 or 2 years early than 1 day late"

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Thu Nov 12, 2015

eventurer wrote:
smackvay wrote:anyone have anything new to add ?

Per your request :lol:

Just picked this bad boy up last night - been looking for a bit and decided on Covette Stingray. Target was a 68-70, 72 at latest since that's when chrome bumper was changed. Decided 75 would work too since we'd both be 40 this year!

Found this guy had listed on eBay with his phone #. I called him up and asked him what his reserve was - $13k. Well below what I was looking at on earlier models. He didn't really want to end the auction and I didn't want to take a chance so I offered him $13.5k and he agreed. He lives about two hours from me so grabbed wife and a stack of cash and headed his way.

Guy was total gear head - 60 years old and been doing cars since he was a kid. He had a car lift in his home garage... Really nice guy and we talked for at least 30 mins before even getting to the car then talked for another hour after test driving it.

It's got a little less horsepower then the BMW at 420 vs 440hp and I am kind of spoiled by new German engineering. But it is great driving car and tons of sex appeal! And the motor sounds amazing. Straight pipes - no muffler just baffles.

For the gear heads here - this is what is under the hood: (all Charlie Brown teacher talk to newb like me)
This was an original L- 82 4 speed car. It now has a 355" small block 10.25 comp., Pro-Action alum heads, Comp-Cams hyd. cam,.510 lift 230 @.050, Edelbrock intake and 750 Holley carb. Complete MSD ign. with 6AL box. Hooker ceramic coated 1 7/8 headers and custom made chambered exhaust to the rear bumper. It really sounds good, not too loud, just right. Complete Classic Chevy's 5 speed conversion, bellhousing, flywheel, Centerforce clutch, Tremec TKO 600 5 speed trans and shifter that looks like the original 4 speed shifter Custom driveshaft, 3.55 limited slip axle. Front susp. completely rebuilt and new quick ratio steering box installed. New rear transverse spring and bushings. New tires and wheels, drilled and slotted EBC rotors, Hawk brake pads, and rebuilt calipers. New master cyl.

Big thanks to the BS members who had classic car experience and guided me through the process :thumbup:

WOWZERS!!!! Great pickup :clap: That thing is stupid clean and 10.25 compression I bet that baby screams. What a deal :thumbup:

Like the Bimmer too. Is that an M5?
Payments accepted via Paypal (no fee or add 2.9%), Check, USPS MO, or Cash (Item will ship when funds are received)

Check out my eBay store: http://www.ebay.com/sch/barsandstars/m.html

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Thu Nov 12, 2015

smackvay wrote:I've got one to ad on here and I will do so this evening
A Stihl chainsaw is hard to beat when it is cutting correctly.

Indeed. Love my Stihl :thumbup:
Payments accepted via Paypal (no fee or add 2.9%), Check, USPS MO, or Cash (Item will ship when funds are received)

Check out my eBay store: http://www.ebay.com/sch/barsandstars/m.html

eventurer

Postby eventurer » Thu Nov 12, 2015

thepmetalstacker wrote:
WOWZERS!!!! Great pickup :clap: That thing is stupid clean and 10.25 compression I bet that baby screams. What a deal :thumbup:

Like the Bimmer too. Is that an M5?

She's a fun ride! Glad I listened to others on the forum and waited for the right one at the right price!

First gear is ripper, I need to get better with timing on stick/gas pedal to really make her purr

Straight pipes, no muffler too!

Bimmer is M Sport 750 LI - world of difference when I switch cars :lol:

smackvay
Gold Supporter

Postby smackvay » Thu Nov 12, 2015

ok so I drove from WV all the way to Atlantic City New Jersey (9 hours each way :shock: )
to pick u this car. Ive ALWAYS wanted this exact car and after 2 years one popped up and I made a deal over the phone and off I went

Thanks for looking
Mike

oswarped

Postby oswarped » Thu Nov 12, 2015

smackvay wrote:ok so I drove from WV all the way to Atlantic City New Jersey (9 hours each way :shock: )
to pick u this car. Ive ALWAYS wanted this exact car and after 2 years one popped up and I made a deal over the phone and off I went

Thanks for looking
Mike

66 or 67 nova? I always wanted a 62 but from the time they first came out it was a great platform to hot rod! So anytime one came up they were costly.

Return to “Burgers and Beers”