BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
christostock
Supporter

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby christostock » Fri Mar 08, 2019

jcz1 wrote:Last week, this guy left his $273 million winning ticket on the counter after buying it. He realized that he had left them there and went back the next day, and he was lucky enough that the clerk saved it for him. (The numbers had not yet been drawn at that time.)

Also, this guy hasn't worked in 15 years. How is he buying lottery tickets? His wife was supporting him.

Guess what happened last October? She divorced the bum!

So the clerk is going to get something from those winnings, but what about the wife? She's not asking for anything, but should he give her some anyway?

https://www.today.com/news/lottery-winn ... et-t150030

If he gives either of them a substantial amount of money then they will have to pay tax on it also.
He should pay for the kids college.
Dont know about the ex wife?
Now accepting direct payments through Wells Fargo bank and TD bank. Other payments options check, MO, cash
Please remind me for feedback if I have forgotten. I will also remind you if you have forgotten. Thanks for the awesome forum we have here.

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Fri Mar 08, 2019

If anyone wants to give me a substantial amount of money, I'll gladly pay tax on it. :wave:

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Fri Mar 08, 2019

I've never bought a lottery ticket in my life. I see several local non-working gov funded entitlement collecting supposedly disabled folk buying them , especially after 1st of months.
I guess it is one thing to buy a couple for fun...? These people I'm referring to are buying for a big win and probably risking their beer and cigarette money on the lotto. :lol:
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

Mercuryman

Postby Mercuryman » Fri Mar 08, 2019

I buy a scratch off ticket every now and then. Its totally a waste of money.... I was in a gas station a while back around Christmas and they had 60+ different tickets. The guy in front of me proceeded to buy multiples of each ticket and spent $300+... It also took forever.

I did win $100 on a dollar ticket a few months back. The odds on that are probably 100,000:1
Si vis pacem, para bellum

silverhead
Silver Supporter

Postby silverhead » Fri Mar 08, 2019

I won the Powerball, all $17 , and it only took about $30 worth of tickets
ImageImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Fri Mar 08, 2019

The very first week that La. began the Powerball my wife bought a ticket. The next morning I was working underneath my old camaro when she comes out screaming " we won the lottery!" :shock: So I crawl out and said,, what? "We won the lottery!! We won $50!" :roll: I slowly crawled back under my car :|

Ive never bought a scratch off before but once i saw a big wad of used tickets sticking out of the garbage can at the gas pump. I was curious bc i had never seen a ticket before so I picked them up. Later when i had a chance to check them out closer,,sure enough two of the tickets were small winners. :)
Last edited by Purple and Gold on Fri Mar 08, 2019, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Fri Mar 08, 2019

Every time I hear about scratch-off winners I think back to a gift-exchange we had a work a long time ago. This was the kind where you either opened a wrapped present or stole one from someone earlier in the "game."

You can buy fake tickets with big winnings, so that was my contribution. Many people chose to steal that item after it was opened. The one who ended up with it fortunately scratched the ticket right then and there, and I had a tough time not laughing when he thought he won thousands of dollars. :twisted:

Fortunately it wasn't something huge like a million bucks. It wouldn't be funny if that person decided to tell off the boss and quit his job after scratching the ticket. :shock: :oops:

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Fri Mar 08, 2019

^ :lol: ^
We did the same thing at an in-law Christmas party years back, "dirty santa".
Same lottery ticket scenario... funny how people gave up nice 'gifts in hand' for 'chance' at lottery.
:lol:
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Sat Mar 09, 2019

This town in Vermont just elected a goat named Lincoln as its honorary mayor

When residents of Fair Haven, Vermont, voted for mayor, they weren't kidding around. :lol: They chose a Nubian goat named Lincoln.

With 13 votes, Lincoln eked out a victory over Sammie the dog, who received 10 votes. As the town's first honorary pet mayor, Lincoln will attend events throughout the year and already has plans to march in a parade on Memorial Day. He will officially take office on Tuesday.

Fair Haven is home to 2,500 people and does not have a human mayor.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/827866/t ... rary-mayor
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

BotanicusRex
Supporter

Postby BotanicusRex » Sat Mar 09, 2019

Cute snow duckies... but the yellow ones probably aren't so cute :lol:

And yes, they make several different forms. One of which would've saved my brother some time as a kid making his anatomically correct snowmen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/az9d98/in_what_other_forms_do_these_come/
"You have a choice between the natural stability of gold, and the honesty and intelligence of the members of government. Vote for Gold."........ George Bernard Shaw

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Sun Mar 10, 2019

Trump signed Bibles. Heresy? Many religious leaders say no

President Donald Trump was just doing what he could to raise spirits when he signed Bibles at an Alabama church for survivors of a tornado outbreak, many religious leaders say, though some are offended and others say he could have handled it differently.

Hershael York, dean of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary School of Theology in Louisville, Kentucky, said he didn’t have a problem with Trump signing Bibles, like former presidents have, because he was asked and because it was important to the people who were asking.

“Though we don’t have a national faith, there is faith in our nation, and so it’s not at all surprising that people would have politicians sign their Bibles,” he said. “Those Bibles are meaningful to them and apparently these politicians are, too.”

But the Rev. Donnie Anderson, executive minister of the Rhode Island State Council of Churches, said she was offended by the way Trump scrawled his signature Friday as he autographed Bibles and other things, including hats, and posed for photos. She viewed it, she said, as a “calculated political move” by the Republican president to court his evangelical voting base.

https://apnews.com/babacf0241774561badc76b3201c2f2c

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Mon Mar 11, 2019

Scientists blame working mums for UK’s child obesity epidemic

Professor Emla Fitzsimons told The Sunday Times: "We find that children whose mothers work are more likely to have increased sedentary behaviour and poorer dietary habits."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8602877/s ... d-obesity/

:pop:

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Tue Mar 12, 2019

Are AirPods dangerous? 250 scientists sign petition warning against cancer from wireless tech including the trendy in-ear headphones

250 scientists from over 40 countries have signed a petition to the WHO and UN to warn against radiowave radiation from WiFi, Bluetooth and cell data

The close proximity of AirPods to the brain and inner ear may raise cancer risks

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... rn-be.html

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Wed Mar 13, 2019

Measles, once eradicated from the US, reported in 12 states.

Between Jan. 1 and March 7, 228 measles cases have been reported to the CDC.

Measles outbreaks have been reported in Washington, New York City, New York's Rockland County, Texas, Illinois and California.

The highly contagious disease spreads quickly in places where people aren't vaccinated.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/12/measles ... oklyn.html

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Wed Mar 13, 2019

tdtwedt wrote:Measles, once eradicated from the US, reported in 12 states.

Between Jan. 1 and March 7, 228 measles cases have been reported to the CDC.

Measles outbreaks have been reported in Washington, New York City, New York's Rockland County, Texas, Illinois and California.

The highly contagious disease spreads quickly in places where people aren't vaccinated.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/12/measles ... oklyn.html

Yet another reason to build the wall.
I'm clearly not very bright.

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Thu Mar 14, 2019

Scientists ‘reverse time’ with quantum computer in breakthrough study

Scientists have reversed the direction of time with a quantum computer.

The breakthrough study seems to contradict basic laws of physics and could alter our understanding of the processes governing the universe.

The researchers – from the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT) and helped by colleagues in Switzerland and the US – expect the technique to improve, becoming more reliable and precise with time.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolo ... spartandhp

:geek:

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Thu Mar 14, 2019

pi-day.jpg
pi-day.jpg (64.2 KiB) Viewed 306 times

I'm clearly not very bright.

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Thu Mar 14, 2019

The Ability to Pronounce “F” and “V” Sounds Might Have Evolved Along With Diet

As our ancestors began eating softer agricultural foods, the shape of the human jaw and the sounds we make may have changed as well

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science- ... 180971710/

Seems like an interesting story, but to get people to read it, you need a clickbait headline:

Did Cooking Really Give Us The F-Word?

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/20 ... the-f-word

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Thu Mar 14, 2019

I went to mail a small package today (not my regular PO) and the girl clerk takes my package. So Im standing there waiting for the receipt and she seems surprised that Im still there and asks me if i needed anything else. I said " I would like my tracking receipt please." She tells me that they dont give tracking receipts on packages with stamps :lol:
I tell her that i do it all the time and that stamps are just postage. She actually had to go ask her supervisor if it was ok. :roll:
Im about to give up....
ImageImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Fri Mar 15, 2019

Forgot to mention how the PO clerk puts the tracking sticker on the BACK of the package! I had to ask her to put it on the front. Where do they find these people?? smh
ImageImageImage

Return to “Burgers and Beers”