BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
AGhead

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby AGhead » Sat Sep 01, 2018

toddler81 wrote:
AGhead wrote:I had a huge serious bad August month at my job! Yesterday (31st) worst single day in 10 years.
I turned in my 90 day resignation Aug 1st, 60 days left! I can't live through 60 more days like this month!
Stressed so bad my teeth hurt (Dr. said from stress) By the grace of God I haven't stroked out.
Thanks for listening.

What do you do? What happened?

I run the City water and sewer system.
The Sewer gave me he(( all month. Crazy the effort it takes to get the Sewer from your house and to the treatment plant, then treat it, and safely discharge it into America's waterways protecting life. But flushing that toilet handle takes one finger and $#*+ leaves the house and "magically" disappears.

On the water side, much much worse disasters occurred!
I wish people only knew what water operators go through to keep the water safe to drink and pump it up from 1000 ft deep, treat and filter it, push it through miles of pipe to your faucet. We take twisting that shower handle for granted when we wash our @$$.

Dozen of problems this mo and not a single one my fault or avoidable.
We're a small town about 5000 pop. Most all know me or my name. Fakebook is MURDEROUS!

I'm highly criticized for resigning but NObody wants this super accountable stressful job.
As of now, when I hit the door on Nov 1st...its gonna get real for this town, and I harbor some guilt for quitting, but I cannot hold up mentally much longer...and don't want to, but I have to.

I turned down more money. I just can't get help these days. Younger gen don't wanna be in sewer.
Also, they don't want the accountability and the job and stress going home with them, etc.
I've trained 7 people in 7 yrs. Current guy been here 5 months, he just asked for time off due to stress.

Thx for listening :oops:
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Sat Sep 01, 2018

You do you! Whats best for your health and state of mind. I worked in Waste Water Treatment for a chem plant and when those bugs act up and start dying off, it gets real s****y
ImageImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Sat Sep 01, 2018

:lol: So thats why he was there!
( But shouldnt he have been at the US Capitol Rotunda @ John McCain's laying in State?)
Attachments
clinton.jpg
clinton.jpg (61.25 KiB) Viewed 619 times
ImageImageImage

lucky43113

Postby lucky43113 » Sat Sep 01, 2018

I went to local flea market today. A vendor had a lot of nice silver turtles maples nicer generic rounds etc.. but he was asking 35 and ounce for generics. I asked why so high he says I bought them when spot was close to that then closed my shop and have been trying to get my money back ever sense. I said good luck and walked on
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.---Benjamin Franklin

Image Image Image

lucky43113

Postby lucky43113 » Sat Sep 01, 2018

very cool story from town south of me https://circleville.online/t/on-this-da ... -ohio/2983
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.---Benjamin Franklin

Image Image Image

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Sat Sep 01, 2018

lucky43113 wrote:I went to local flea market today. A vendor had a lot of nice silver turtles maples nicer generic rounds etc.. but he was asking 35 and ounce for generics. I asked why so high he says I bought them when spot was close to that then closed my shop and have been trying to get my money back ever sense. I said good luck and walked on

Appropriate response IMO. Why should I be required to cover your loses in a risked based investment.
ImageImageImage

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Sat Sep 01, 2018

lucky43113 wrote:very cool story from town south of me https://circleville.online/t/on-this-da ... -ohio/2983

Interesting. The feds win. Hmmm...
ImageImageImage

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Sat Sep 01, 2018

lucky43113 wrote:very cool story from town south of me https://circleville.online/t/on-this-da ... -ohio/2983

Down with the Bloody Big Headed Banksters!
“Rationality belongs to the cool observer, but because of the stupidity of the average man, he follows not reason, but faith, and the naive faith requires necessary illusion and emotionally potent oversimplifications which are provided by the myth-maker to keep ordinary person on course.”

― Reinhold Niebuhr, Moral Man and Immoral Society: Study in Ethics and Politics

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Sat Sep 01, 2018

DRP270 wrote:

Interesting. The feds win. Hmmm...

Not In MY World!

DND - Decentralize and Devolve!
“Rationality belongs to the cool observer, but because of the stupidity of the average man, he follows not reason, but faith, and the naive faith requires necessary illusion and emotionally potent oversimplifications which are provided by the myth-maker to keep ordinary person on course.”

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Sun Sep 02, 2018

He said he wouldn’t join his company’s Bible study. After being let go, he’s suing.

A 34-year-old painter is suing Dahled Up Construction, a company based south of Portland, Ore., for allegedly firing him after he refused to join a Christian Bible group for employees. Ryan Coleman is seeking $800,000 from the company after its owner allegedly said participation in the Bible group was required if he wanted to keep his job.

Coleman told The Washington Post that when he explained to the company's owner, Joel Dahl, that he had different beliefs, Dahl said: "If you want to keep your job, everybody needs to attend. If not, I'm going to be forced to replace you."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/he-sa ... spartandhp
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Sun Sep 02, 2018

Human Rights Alert: Woman Files Discrimination Complaint For Right To Work Braless

A Canadian woman has filed a human rights complaint claiming her previous employer, the Osoyoos Golf Club, discriminated against her with a requirement that all female staff wear a bra, reports the CBC.

"It's gender-based and that's why it's a human rights issue," she said. "I have nipples and so do the men."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09- ... rk-braless

:pop:

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Sun Sep 02, 2018

Her boss must be gay?
ImageImageImage

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Sun Sep 02, 2018

looks more like a he/she. May be more to story?
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Mon Sep 03, 2018

Buzz Aldrin Blasts 'First Man' Movie Missing Flag: "Proud To Be An American"

While Ryan Gosling (and Neil Armstrong's two sons) proclaim that the decision to not include the monumental moment of the planting of the American flag on the moon's surface in the movie 'First Man' was because "the achievement transcended countries and borders," adding that "it was widely seen as a human achievement;" it seems that the second man on the moon feels a little differently - and a little more patriotically - about the massive American achievement of making it to the moon's surface (and back).

Buzz Aldrin took to Twitter to explain how he felt about America's achievement: "Proud to be an American"

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09- ... e-american

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Tue Sep 04, 2018

Russia says space station leak could be deliberate sabotage

Space agency chief Dmitry Rogozin said the hole detected Thursday in a Russian space craft docked at the orbiting station was caused by a drill and could have been done deliberately, either back on Earth or in space.

Astronauts used tape to seal the leak after it caused a small loss of pressure that was not life-threatening.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ru ... spartandhp

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Wed Sep 05, 2018

Astros ejected fan who had sign displaying domestic violence hotline number

Steve Campion of ABC13 reports that the Astros kicked out a fan protesting reliever Roberto Osuna with a sign displaying the phone number of the Houston Area Women’s Center domestic violence hotline. The sign simply read, “Houston Domestic Violence Hot Line 713.528.2121.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/re ... spartandhp

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Wed Sep 05, 2018

Parents outraged after man installs electric fence near Henrico County bus stop

Bryan Tucker says he put the electrical fence around his yard because he grew tired of students trespassing and leaving trash on his property. He assumed the fence would keep the children away.

https://www.wric.com/news/local-news/he ... 1417568503

:lol:

lucky43113

Postby lucky43113 » Wed Sep 05, 2018

tdtwedt wrote:Parents outraged after man installs electric fence near Henrico County bus stop

Bryan Tucker says he put the electrical fence around his yard because he grew tired of students trespassing and leaving trash on his property. He assumed the fence would keep the children away.

I dont see a problem with it

Image Image Image

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Wed Sep 05, 2018

Would you put your finger in a light socket? Then you're probably to stupid to stand at the corner and wait for the bus.

See that fence? I dare you to pee on it! Betcha $5 you won't pee on it.

Tractor Man
Gold Supporter

Postby Tractor Man » Wed Sep 05, 2018

tdtwedt wrote:Parents outraged after man installs electric fence near Henrico County bus stop

It doesn't have to be over, but he's not THAT interested in fighting it, probably because of $$. I imagine he asked them, "OK, where can I put my fence?" and they answered, "We don't know, you'll have to get it surveyed I guess." He called for boundary survey prices and that was as far as he took it. That's my guess anyway. Heck, if I was the Land Surveyor giving the quote, after hearing his life story (you always hear their life story), I would not do it cheap. "County Easement" would catch my ear. From the video, there's no sidewalk, so I'm not thinking easy back-of-walk dedicated right of way. I'm going to assume the county has no fee title or dedicated right of way to those streets at all. They're probably roads by prescriptive easement, by usage. This means there are no records of right of way widths. That opens up a very grey area in property-rights law. Even though there is surely precedent, it's not cut-and-dried until it goes to court.

So, after he pays me, it will most certainly require lawyers to see it all the way through. These are the reasons why residential and recreational boundary disputes never really go anywhere. $$ No matter how passionate you are about your line ... it's not really THAT important to you, is it?

And at the end of it all you STILL might get some dumb-a$$ judge who will throw all laws and legal precedent out the window "for the sake of the children, won't anyone think of the children?!?!?"

Teach your damn kids to respect other people's property.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. Charles Bukowski
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. Voltaire

Image Image Image

Return to “Burgers and Beers”