BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
PeacePeople

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby PeacePeople » Thu Jul 19, 2018

For the first time in my life somebody used the term "emotional support dog" when asking if they could bring their dog in the store. We do allow dogs with the stipulations that they're on a leash and don't bother anybody, but I'm wondering wtf is emotional support. Does the dog know that's their job? How dedicated to this position are they? Is it more important that licking themselves or chasing cats? Too many questions, way too many...
ImageImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Thu Jul 19, 2018

mnymgr1 wrote:
Purple and Gold wrote:
Could have been worse, i live near Alligator Bayou :shock:

I'm guessing that pic is not photoshopped ?
That's insane.
Isn't a croc that large one of the huge trophies that guys on tv croc hunting shows go after ? forget the name of the show right now. But that thing is huge, would probably bring a very high price. They can't be killed around this guy in pic during hunting season ???

Ive never seen one that big. Wild alligator prices are very low now days bc there are so many Private alligator farms around now. Its a pic from the Louisiana CoonAss FB page and here is the caption on the pic.

Cajun Encounters Tour Company
July 16 at 8:56 AM ·
Well, well, well... look who decided to grace us with his HUMONGOUS presence
Hey, Brutus!
ImageImageImage

RLNcoinbuyer
Turtle Supporter

Postby RLNcoinbuyer » Thu Jul 19, 2018

PeacePeople wrote:For the first time in my life somebody used the term "emotional support dog" when asking if they could bring their dog in the store. We do allow dogs with the stipulations that they're on a leash and don't bother anybody, but I'm wondering wtf is emotional support. Does the dog know that's their job? How dedicated to this position are they? Is it more important that licking themselves or chasing cats? Too many questions, way too many...

Just my opinion of course but that is ridiculous :roll: I cannot imagine looking someone in the eye and telling them I need an emotional support dog to go shopping with me.
ImageImage Image

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Thu Jul 19, 2018

PeacePeople wrote:For the first time in my life somebody used the term "emotional support dog" when asking if they could bring their dog in the store. We do allow dogs with the stipulations that they're on a leash and don't bother anybody, but I'm wondering wtf is emotional support. Does the dog know that's their job? How dedicated to this position are they? Is it more important that licking themselves or chasing cats? Too many questions, way too many...

Just out of curiosity, did she have a "Can I see your manager" haircut?
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #17 & 18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***

ImageImage

PeacePeople

Postby PeacePeople » Thu Jul 19, 2018

Honestly, having a dog with you doesn't bother me in the least, and I'm sure that many of them are "emotional support" dogs. To each their own, but I didn't really need them to tell me that part. It basically set me up to judge her, which I try very hard to not do...but telling me that almost insured that I would make some kind of judgement... whatevs
ImageImageImage

deenz
Silver Supporter

Postby deenz » Thu Jul 19, 2018

There are dogs trained for PTSD. 'Emotional support' is a bs way to get your dog into places it doesn't belong.

BotanicusRex
Supporter

Postby BotanicusRex » Thu Jul 19, 2018

Used to be a gimmicky way to be able to have your dog (or whatever) fly with you in your lap or at your feet rather than risk shipping them as cargo.
I think the airlines started drawing lines when people began showing up with "support" critters such as pigs and iguanas. Not sure what they allow anymore.
"You have a choice between the natural stability of gold, and the honesty and intelligence of the members of government. Vote for Gold."........ George Bernard Shaw

MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

Postby MasterBlaster » Thu Jul 19, 2018

If a dog or appropriate animal comforts a person with varying issues I see no reason why an animal can't be a choice over or in addition to medication for many. My wife has a seizure disorder, she takes daily meds and has a dog that ads comfort after a seizure, this comfort has ward off repeat seizures. My wife's neurologist writes her a letter every year so she avoids most issues with those who do not understand. Unfortunately many take advantage...
Image ImageImage

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Thu Jul 19, 2018

Pretty cool article talking about NASA's Parker Solar Probe's upcoming visit to the Sun's Corona, and explaining why it won't melt, even though it will travel through material with temperatures greater than a million degrees Farenheit. The quick-and-dirty explanation is the Corona is not dense, so the particles which would cause the probe to heat up are more scattered. A comparison is sticking your hand in an oven vs into a pot of boiling water (don't try this at home!).

https://phys.org/news/2018-07-sun-wont- ... probe.html

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Thu Jul 19, 2018

I have a lady I work with. Neither she, her husband or anyone in her family have a handicap of any kind, but she has a handicap permit in her car. She parks right at the front door. Where is the shame?
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

silverhead
Silver Supporter

Postby silverhead » Fri Jul 20, 2018

AGhead wrote:I have a lady I work with. Neither she, her husband or anyone in her family have a handicap of any kind, but she has a handicap permit in her car. She parks right at the front door. Where is the shame?

That "situation " irks the snot out of me, but you really can't tell by looking at somebody if they have a legitimate disability that justifies their handicap placard or not. I think abusers should be heavily penalized.
I qualify in Texas for a disabled veteran handicap permit, but don't in California and would feel guilty in Ca (where I live now) if I was using one because honestly I can get around good enough now.
ImageImageImage

BotanicusRex
Supporter

Postby BotanicusRex » Fri Jul 20, 2018

Disabilities that allow handicap tags or hangers aren't always obvious.
Due to a lung condition that causes me to become exhausted quickly, I usually try to do a quick step to get to a bench before I need to stop and 'regenerate'.
I did this a few days ago at a supermarket where a guy evidently watched me get out in a handicap spot, briskly walk to a bench, sit for a while and continue on to shopping.
Dude passed by me and said, "you really need that handicap tag?"
I told him I'd happily trade my tag for his lungs.

Wife won't ever use my hanger by herself... a real karma thing with her.
"You have a choice between the natural stability of gold, and the honesty and intelligence of the members of government. Vote for Gold."........ George Bernard Shaw

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Fri Jul 20, 2018

MasterBlaster wrote:If a dog or appropriate animal comforts a person with varying issues I see no reason why an animal can't be a choice over or in addition to medication for many. My wife has a seizure disorder, she takes daily meds and has a dog that ads comfort after a seizure, this comfort has ward off repeat seizures. My wife's neurologist writes her a letter every year so she avoids most issues with those who do not understand. Unfortunately many take advantage...

I don't have an issue with someone who wants to use an emotional support dog. However, if you are going to take an animal into places that traditionally do not allow dogs like airports, supermarkets and government buildings then the animal MUST be properly trained and ideally be able to produce some kind of proof of that training if asked. I've seen people take their "support dog" into markets and the thing is sniffing around all the food and approaching other customers. Clearly it has no training and the owner just is using the support dog loophole to take their dog everywhere with them. That is unacceptable. (and fluffing gross)
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #17 & 18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***

ImageImage

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Fri Jul 20, 2018

BotanicusRex wrote:Disabilities that allow handicap tags or hangers aren't always obvious.
Due to a lung condition that causes me to become exhausted quickly, I usually try to do a quick step to get to a bench before I need to stop and 'regenerate'.
I did this a few days ago at a supermarket where a guy evidently watched me get out in a handicap spot, briskly walk to a bench, sit for a while and continue on to shopping.
Dude passed by me and said, "you really need that handicap tag?"
I told him I'd happily trade my tag for his lungs.

Wife won't ever use my hanger by herself... a real karma thing with her.

I like your wife's decision. Very honest, admirable and respectful. Please take care of yourself and your issue.
I've worked with this co-worker for 7 years. From her stories, I know what they do some weekends and on vacations.
It's much much more than the Twelve steps to the front door at work. I meet her in the grocery store at times. At least they are not driving the motorized buggy there.
I'm not judging people that I know nothing about. It's just obvious some disrespect the legit needs of others. :thumbdown:
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Fri Jul 20, 2018

This waitress didn't appreciate being groped, taking down this much larger guy:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Jul 21, 2018

jcz1 wrote:This waitress didn't appreciate being groped, taking down this much larger guy:

Bravo. Creep got what he deserved. In a perfect world restaurants like Hooters or Twin Peaks wouldn't exist. However in this imperfect world that we do have, no guy has the right to be groping girls no matter where they work. Shameful.

iratebob

Postby iratebob » Sat Jul 21, 2018

I was hoping he suffered a more painful experience

RLNcoinbuyer
Turtle Supporter

Postby RLNcoinbuyer » Sat Jul 21, 2018

At the end of the clip it said the dude’s wife and another couple were at the restaurant with him.
ImageImage Image

agnostic
BS Supporter

Postby agnostic » Sat Jul 21, 2018

If she was really concerned, she would dress a bit more appropriately.
I can't figure out why girls dress like whores but expect to get treated like ladies.
I'm not condoning idiot behavior. I just feel like there is plenty of blame to go around.
Risk is the price that you never thought you'd have to pay.

I refuse to embrace schizophrenia as a survival mechanism.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sat Jul 21, 2018

I'm clearly not very bright.

Return to “Burgers and Beers”