BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
silverhead
Silver Supporter

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby silverhead » Fri Jan 19, 2018

mnymgr1 wrote:ding ding ding...........
can't stand needles. the inventor that does away with needles or the discomfort of using needles is the next world billionaire.
there are several inventors out there now searching, someone was highlighted in PopSci a year or two. Came up with a super strong med that hit the skin, was absorbed (the problem as skin stops meds from entering) before the needle. Actually tried contacting her, thought her design and idea were really well thought out. Never did get a hold of her.

I am having some anxiety about using a syringe myself now, my doctor sent me the syringe instead of the auto pen injector thing that I am used to using. I am pretty much giving up, I can't stick myself in my abdomen or upper thigh with a syringe no matter how many times I prepare to do it. :pop:
Last edited by silverhead on Fri Jan 19, 2018, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Fri Jan 19, 2018

Swiss Town Denies Passport To Dutch Vegan For Being "Too Annoying"

Ms Holten, a vegan and animal rights activist, has campaigned against the use of cowbells in the village and her actions have annoyed the locals.

The resident’s committee argued that if she does not accept Swiss traditions and the Swiss way of life, she should not be able to become an official national.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01- ... o-annoying
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

Mr. Ed
Group Buy Moderator

Postby Mr. Ed » Fri Jan 19, 2018

jcz1 wrote:
silverhead wrote:
jcz1 wrote:This is pretty cool:

Scientists have taken a step towards one of the biggest goals in medicine - a universal blood test for cancer.
The Cancer Seek test looks for mutations in 16 genes that regularly arise in cancer and eight proteins that are often released.

It was trialled on 1,005 patients with cancers in the ovary, liver, stomach, pancreas, oesophagus, colon, lung or breast that had not yet spread to other tissues.

Overall, the test found 70% of the cancers.
Five of the eight cancers investigated have no screening programmes for early detection.

Pancreatic cancer has so few symptoms and is detected so late that four in five patients die in the year they are diagnosed.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-42736764

Isn't a colonoscopy used as a screening program for colon cancer?
It looks like not much had changed on Pancreatic cancer, my grandfather died from it in his 30's in the 1950's after he survived serving in the Korean War, nobody saw it coming.

True, colonoscopy is used as a screening program for colon cancer. Many avoid that test because of the prep and discomfort. A simple blood test for this and any others would be much more widely used. Unless you're afraid of needles, I guess. :lol:

There are other benefits of a colonoscopy besides screening for cancer. I just had my first one a few months back at 59 and the results were all good except for 5 small polups the were removed with little effort. A friend of mine had this done several years back and had over 50 polups that had to be removed in several sessions. These small polups have a tendency to collect food partials and over time become inflamed and cause other issues.

:turtle:
Vision without execution is hallucination

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Fri Jan 19, 2018

Colonoscopy: A Gold Standard to Refuse

COLONOSCOPY: IS IT WORTH THE RISK?

Each year over 14 million Americans are getting screened for colon cancer. Of these, according to the report “Complications of Colonoscopy in an Integrated Health Care Delivery System” by the Annals of Internal Medicine, an estimated 70,000 (0.5%) may be killed or injured by colonoscopy-related complications [link]. This figure is higher than the total number of annual deaths from colon cancer itself, 22% higher.

The number of casualties above doesn't include deferred complications from colon prep and general anesthesia, such as kidney failure, stroke, heart attack, pulmonary embolism, pneumonia, intestinal obstruction, and numerous others. Nor does it include the increased risk of all other cancers from radiation exposure caused by virtual colonoscopies. Thus, if you are close to or past 50, and have been considering screening colonoscopy, the next 9 minutes may save your life and prevent other cancers:
Image Image Image
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

iron-pyrite
Zombie Apocalypse Supporter

Postby iron-pyrite » Fri Jan 19, 2018

I have worked in a hospital or clinic that does upper and lower GI scopes for over a decade. Have never seen or heard of anyone dieing from a scope yet. They say injured or death. An injury in medical speak could be just a little bleeding that was not WNL (within normal limits) or something else that's very minor. I see death from cancer daily......
ImageImageImage

Mr. Ed
Group Buy Moderator

Postby Mr. Ed » Fri Jan 19, 2018

MaxGravy wrote:Colonoscopy: A Gold Standard to Refuse

COLONOSCOPY: IS IT WORTH THE RISK?

Each year over 14 million Americans are getting screened for colon cancer. Of these, according to the report “Complications of Colonoscopy in an Integrated Health Care Delivery System” by the Annals of Internal Medicine, an estimated 70,000 (0.5%) may be killed or injured by colonoscopy-related complications [link]. This figure is higher than the total number of annual deaths from colon cancer itself, 22% higher.

The number of casualties above doesn't include deferred complications from colon prep and general anesthesia, such as kidney failure, stroke, heart attack, pulmonary embolism, pneumonia, intestinal obstruction, and numerous others. Nor does it include the increased risk of all other cancers from radiation exposure caused by virtual colonoscopies. Thus, if you are close to or past 50, and have been considering screening colonoscopy, the next 9 minutes may save your life and prevent other cancers:

Good reading material for sure but my philosophy is to choose a good doctor that you feel comfortable with and listen to him. I feel like I have a good family doctor and we discussed the pros and cons but in the end, no regrets and would do it again if recommended. I have had a rough few years starting with the double knee replacement in 13 and I don’t know where I might be today if not for listening to my doctors. We all have choices and we live with those choices good or bad. ;)

:turtle:
Vision without execution is hallucination

mnymgr1

Postby mnymgr1 » Fri Jan 19, 2018

am I the only one who is actually hoping for a shutdown of the whale we call a federal government ?
just a few weeks would do wonders I think.
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

scrapman1077

Postby scrapman1077 » Fri Jan 19, 2018

"just a few weeks would do wonders I think."

YES !!

silverhead
Silver Supporter

Postby silverhead » Fri Jan 19, 2018

scrapman1077 wrote:"just a few weeks would do wonders I think."

YES !!

I don't know about that, my wife is one of those "non-essential " government employees who needs her essential paycheck
:forsale:
Dang Shumer Shutdown :thumbdown:
Last edited by silverhead on Fri Jan 19, 2018, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

iron-pyrite
Zombie Apocalypse Supporter

Postby iron-pyrite » Fri Jan 19, 2018

silverhead wrote:
scrapman1077 wrote:"just a few weeks would do wonders I think."

YES !!

I don't know about that, my wife is one of those "non-essential " government employees who needs her paycheck :forsale:

Unfortunately for me I am an essential employee so I have to work even if I will not get paid. Yipee!

Then again our agency has a plan to give us a few bucks then some time off.... People will die but that's cool. It will only be the really sick ones who cost a lot to take care of anyways. Like they guys who cannot feed themselves and the ones who need 24 hour skilled nursing services.
ImageImageImage

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Sat Jan 20, 2018

Donut-eating contest winner arrested again after donut shop robbery

Four years ago, Bradley Hardison gained national attention after his win in a police-sponsored donut-eating contest helped police find and arrest him for earlier crimes.

Now he's been charged again – this time with robbing a donut shop.

https://pilotonline.com/news/local/crim ... f0b04.html

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Sun Jan 21, 2018

Texas shatters record for winter electricity use

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/weather ... ts-avoided

:clap:

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Sun Jan 21, 2018

tdtwedt wrote:Texas shatters record for winter electricity use

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/weather ... ts-avoided

:clap:

During this cold snap the Electric utilities in La asked their customers to lower the heat settings on their homes or they would have to begin rolling outages. Thats a first that i recall.
Electric heat is nice and convenient but is costly. :(
ImageImageImage

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Mon Jan 22, 2018

Pizza Hut to give away free pizza if touchdown is scored in under 14 seconds at Super Bowl

Pizza Hut will give away free medium two-topping pizzas to Hut Reward members if the record for the fastest touchdown is broken on Super Bowl Sunday.

The record was set by Chicago Bears wide receiver Devin Hester in 2007 after he returned the opening kickoff 92 yards in 14 seconds.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/22/pizza-h ... -bowl.html

:wanted:

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Tue Jan 23, 2018

Singer Neil Diamond announces retirement following Parkinson's diagnosis

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/22/neil-di ... nosis.html

mnymgr1

so why'd she come here ??

Postby mnymgr1 » Tue Jan 23, 2018

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/23/wo ... s-say.html

sometimes I don't understand anything I guess
-but why'd she come here, assuming she came here, not born here.
-why was she going to a college with the name St. Catherines, seemingly a Christian school (sounds like it at least)
-attempting to kill 30+ children in a daycare center would somehow stop the US military from destroying all those schools :roll:

anyone else wish we were back in the 1950's :D
seemed like a time in history I would have enjoyed living in.
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Tue Jan 23, 2018

‘Massive object HUNDREDS of miles long’ spotted on NASA live feed before being CUT

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird- ... tery-video

:shock:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Jan 23, 2018

tdtwedt wrote:‘Massive object HUNDREDS of miles long’ spotted on NASA live feed before being CUT

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird- ... tery-video

:shock:

If you'd like to waste 1 hour & 40 minutes of your life, watch this. The truth is out there :shh: :D :pop:

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Thu Jan 25, 2018

This has got to be fake news, right?

California Considers $1,000 Fine for Waiters Offering Unsolicited Plastic Straws

Ian Calderon wants restaurateurs to think long and hard before giving you a straw.

Calderon, the Democratic majority leader in California's lower house, has introduced a bill to stop sit-down restaurants from offering customers straws with their beverages unless they specifically request one. Under Calderon's law, a waiter who serves a drink with an unrequested straw in it would face up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.

emphasis mine
Image Image Image
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

Diggin4copper
Kraken Supporter

Postby Diggin4copper » Thu Jan 25, 2018

Well, they fixed the traffic problem, and illegal immigration is under control, so what else is there to legislate......oh, wait...
Outstanding!

Return to “Burgers and Beers”