To all our members in the way of bad weather....

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
mnymgr1

when it rains, it pours....

Postby mnymgr1 » Sat Oct 14, 2017

for nearly 2 months, no rain at all.
was a wonderful thing for me.
we got some a week ago
then today, been raining on and off for nearly 20+ hrs.
we are up to 4''+ with another set of storms to hit around first pitch of the Cubs game
nothing like you guys in hurricane alley but another 2-3'' (even though much of the localized rain has drained to the rivers) and there will be a lot of upset people around here tomorrow morning.

I remember when growing up, we had these things called rain showers :lol:
We went outside and played in half inch puddles.
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

Purple and Gold

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby Purple and Gold » Thu Dec 07, 2017

Wow, we will be getting 1"-3" of snow late tonight in the New Orleans/Baton Rouge area. Snow will accumulate on the ground. :shock: Thats a rarity here. Good thing that the Saints are playing their game in Atlanta tonight and not in NOLA. Traffic will be a nightmare tomorrow morning.

Looks like it may be a rough winter. I Have a lot of work to do today in this freezing cold, bringing all of our plants inside and covering up the Orange and Satsuma trees.
ImageImageImage

silverhead
Silver Supporter

Postby silverhead » Thu Dec 07, 2017

Purple and Gold wrote:Wow, we will be getting 1"-3" of snow late tonight in the New Orleans/Baton Rouge area. Snow will accumulate on the ground. :shock: Thats a rarity here. Good thing that the Saints are playing their game in Atlanta tonight and not in NOLA. Traffic will be a nightmare tomorrow morning.

Looks like it may be a rough winter. I Have a lot of work to do today in this freezing cold, bringing all of our plants inside and covering up the Orange and Satsuma trees.

Good luck with your trees. I am going to give mine some extra water and hope that we can dodge the Santa Anna driven wildfires in SoCal the next few days. :shock:
And geaux Saints! :grinch: :lol:
ImageImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Thu Dec 07, 2017

silverhead wrote:
Good luck with your trees. I am going to give mine some extra water and hope that we can dodge the Santa Anna driven wildfires in SoCal the next few days. :shock:
And geaux Saints! :grinch: :lol:

Yes, some of my fruit trees are only a year old so they need some protection. The other citrus trees are very old and will be ok. Just have to pick a lot of fruit today, before the freeze.
I pray for you guys in SoCal. Its terrible and frighting, i cant imagine. Are the Santa Ana winds late this year? The rainy season is coming soon so hopefully this will be the last of the wildfires.
Stay safe
ImageImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Fri Dec 08, 2017

IMG_20171208_070508.jpg
IMG_20171208_070508.jpg (173.85 KiB) Viewed 338 times
IMG_20171208_070540.jpg
IMG_20171208_070540.jpg (224.55 KiB) Viewed 338 times
ImageImageImage

Turtle

Postby Turtle » Sat Dec 09, 2017

Purple and Gold wrote:Wow, we will be getting 1"-3" of snow late tonight in the New Orleans/Baton Rouge area. Snow will accumulate on the ground. :shock: Thats a rarity here. Good thing that the Saints are playing their game in Atlanta tonight and not in NOLA. Traffic will be a nightmare tomorrow morning.

hahahaha Its always funny hearing about southerners and a bit of snow. I was in DC once when a half inch shut them all down, while I happily clomped all over in my boots :)

I bought a tarp to cover my car, so cleanup will be a cinch. expecting 3-6
:turtle: I liked them before it was cool... :evil:

President Donald J Trump 8-)

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Sat Dec 09, 2017

Turtle wrote:hahahaha Its always funny hearing about southerners and a bit of snow.

:) yea, the officials told everyone to just stay home :P
We got 4.5-5 " of snow on the ground, the 3rd highest snowfall ever :shock:
I have lots of large oak branches that are breaking off of my big live oak trees. They have survived many hurricanes but cant take 4" of snow :shock:
ImageImageImage

Turtle

Postby Turtle » Sun Dec 10, 2017

Purple and Gold wrote:
Turtle wrote:hahahaha Its always funny hearing about southerners and a bit of snow.

:) yea, the officials told everyone to just stay home :P
We got 4.5-5 " of snow on the ground, the 3rd highest snowfall ever :shock:
I have lots of large oak branches that are breaking off of my big live oak trees. They have survived many hurricanes but cant take 4" of snow :shock:

The weight adds up. Temporary strain is one thing. Constant dead weight is another.
:turtle: I liked them before it was cool... :evil:

President Donald J Trump 8-)

SoaringEagle

Postby SoaringEagle » Wed Jan 03, 2018

Never heard of a Bomb Cyclone before but holy cow subtropical winter huricane followed by an polor vortex... hang on you guys!!

Diggin4copper
Kraken Supporter

Postby Diggin4copper » Wed Jan 03, 2018

I'm in the cross hairs...edge of Cape cod ...
Outstanding!

deenz
Silver Supporter

Postby deenz » Wed Jan 03, 2018

My kids are getting out of school early, and there's currently only a 15% chance we see anything before 8:00 pm. We bought them new snow pants and sleds for Christmas... I do hope they get to use them at least once this year.

Mechanic4hire3
Platinum Supporter

Postby Mechanic4hire3 » Wed Jan 03, 2018

deenz wrote:My kids are getting out of school early, and there's currently only a 15% chance we see anything before 8:00 pm. We bought them new snow pants and sleds for Christmas... I do hope they get to use them at least once this year.

Your driveway is perfect! But if they make to the back yard... better be wearin a helmet!
EBay rcook21973
Local: Redwheel_ Numismatics

deenz
Silver Supporter

Mechanic4hire3 wrote:
deenz wrote:My kids are getting out of school early, and there's currently only a 15% chance we see anything before 8:00 pm. We bought them new snow pants and sleds for Christmas... I do hope they get to use them at least once this year.

Your driveway is perfect! But if they make to the back yard... better be wearin a helmet!

We can go a few hundred feet, that's for sure! There's a creek way out in the back that the boys have tried and failed to clear.

Mechanic4hire3
Platinum Supporter

Postby Mechanic4hire3 » Wed Jan 03, 2018

deenz wrote:
Mechanic4hire3 wrote:

We can go a few hundred feet, that's for sure! There's a creek way out in the back that the boys have tried and failed to clear.

I scoped out the area incase I needed to do a Morgan Toner ReCon
EBay rcook21973
Local: Redwheel_ Numismatics

deenz
Silver Supporter

Mechanic4hire3 wrote:
deenz wrote:
Mechanic4hire3 wrote:

If you come around- there's a new toy from Christmas that has gotten some use- the Bear River Sportsman 900 Air Rifle. That thing is surprisingly accurate straight out of the box for $50. It looks good too.

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Wed Jan 03, 2018

deenz wrote:
Mechanic4hire3 wrote:
deenz wrote:
Mechanic4hire3 wrote:

If you come around- there's a new toy from Christmas that has gotten some use- the Bear River Sportsman 900 Air Rifle. That thing is surprisingly accurate straight out of the box for $50. It looks good too.

You'll shoot your eye out.
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***

ImageImage

mnymgr1

Postby mnymgr1 » Wed Jan 03, 2018

damnit, this cold spell is really not what global warmists were expecting, eh ??
nat. gas prices spiking, electricity prices spiking.
Today is warm here at 15ish but the wind chills are near 20 below.

stay safe to all of you. from what I read, they are worried about high winds knocking out power. 3-6'' of snow maybe bothers people in the Carolina's but doubtful that would impact anyone farther north too much.
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

coinwolf

Postby coinwolf » Wed Jan 03, 2018

Yea, here in Eastern NC we got snow coming down and temps. in the teens and single digit with wind chill, we aren't suppose to have to live like this here, oh the misery, and this craps supposed to last several more days!

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Wed Jan 03, 2018

Expecting a heat wave Monday.

NorePA26.png
NorePA26.png (964.09 KiB) Viewed 143 times

Nothing but a dusting expected here. The coast gets to have all the fun.

snowmap52-1024x590.png
snowmap52-1024x590.png (838.27 KiB) Viewed 143 times

Diggin4copper
Kraken Supporter

Postby Diggin4copper » Wed Jan 03, 2018

My wife flew to Vegas today.. I’m stuck here with 10-15 inches of snow expected tomorrow and -5 degrees on sat..
Outstanding!

Return to “Burgers and Beers”