To all our members in the way of bad weather....

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
cmiller17363
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby cmiller17363 » Tue Sep 05, 2017

jcz1 wrote:We knew this was coming:

Beyonce, George Clooney Among Stars Set for Multi-Network Hurricane Harvey Relief Telethon

Date set for Sept 12. By that time it might be a combined Harvey-Irma telethon.

Maybe they will sweeten the pot and agree to match the donations dollar for dollar.
ImageImage

User avatar
jcz1
Posts: 4244
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011
Location: USA

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby jcz1 » Tue Sep 05, 2017

This just seems cruel:

'We don't have anything': landlords demand rent on flooded Houston homes

“Our landlords say we have to pay rent and late fees and every day it is going up,” Fuentes said. “We are paying rent for somewhere we can’t live in.


Under the Texas property code, if a rental premises is “totally unusable” due to an external disaster then either the landlord or tenant can terminate the lease through written notice. But if the property is “partially unusable” because of a disaster, a tenant may only get a reduction in rent determined by a county or district court.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... oded-homes
Democracy Dies in Darkness

User avatar
fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter
Posts: 5385
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009
Location: Manassas,VA
Contact:

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby fredzoyt » Tue Sep 05, 2017

jcz1 wrote:This just seems cruel:

'We don't have anything': landlords demand rent on flooded Houston homes

“Our landlords say we have to pay rent and late fees and every day it is going up,” Fuentes said. “We are paying rent for somewhere we can’t live in.


Under the Texas property code, if a rental premises is “totally unusable” due to an external disaster then either the landlord or tenant can terminate the lease through written notice. But if the property is “partially unusable” because of a disaster, a tenant may only get a reduction in rent determined by a county or district court.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... oded-homes


:shock: Wow! That is really not good.

User avatar
fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter
Posts: 5385
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009
Location: Manassas,VA
Contact:

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby fredzoyt » Tue Sep 05, 2017

Here's another interesting news story as we brace for Irma.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/05/virgi ... cane-irma/

User avatar
jcz1
Posts: 4244
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011
Location: USA

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby jcz1 » Tue Sep 05, 2017

fredzoyt wrote:Here's another interesting news story as we brace for Irma.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/05/virgi ... cane-irma/


The NRA is on top of this, since it doesn't seem legal:

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin signed a similar order in 2005 amid the destruction from Hurricane Katrina allowing the seizure of private weapons, which the NRA opposed in a federal court. Congress later passed a bill, supported by the NRA and signed by President George W. Bush, banning future seizures of weapons during emergencies.
...
"The NRA is prepared to pursue legal action to halt Gov. Mapp's dangerous and unconstitutional order."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... ation-plan
Democracy Dies in Darkness

User avatar
fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter
Posts: 5385
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009
Location: Manassas,VA
Contact:

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby fredzoyt » Tue Sep 05, 2017

jcz1 wrote:
fredzoyt wrote:Here's another interesting news story as we brace for Irma.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/05/virgi ... cane-irma/


The NRA is on top of this, since it doesn't seem legal:

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin signed a similar order in 2005 amid the destruction from Hurricane Katrina allowing the seizure of private weapons, which the NRA opposed in a federal court. Congress later passed a bill, supported by the NRA and signed by President George W. Bush, banning future seizures of weapons during emergencies.
...
"The NRA is prepared to pursue legal action to halt Gov. Mapp's dangerous and unconstitutional order."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... ation-plan


Go NRA! :thumbup:

User avatar
silverhoarder3
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1720
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014
Location: SC

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby silverhoarder3 » Wed Sep 06, 2017

Oh crappy, Hurricane Irma tracking right through my yard. Should hit us in SC late Monday/early Tuesday. Grrr. Please think good thoughts for us :angel:
ImageImageImage

User avatar
mnymgr1
Posts: 10140
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010
Location: Midwest

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby mnymgr1 » Wed Sep 06, 2017

silverhoarder3 wrote:Oh crappy, Hurricane Irma tracking right through my yard. Should hit us in SC late Monday/early Tuesday. Grrr. Please think good thoughts for us :angel:


they updated the track thru the east coast now ?
thought they didn't know which way it would head until it got closer.

they've already named a storm after Jose....Katia, located in southern Mexico area impacting that country. :oops:
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

User avatar
silverhoarder3
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1720
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014
Location: SC

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby silverhoarder3 » Wed Sep 06, 2017

mnymgr1 wrote:
silverhoarder3 wrote:Oh crappy, Hurricane Irma tracking right through my yard. Should hit us in SC late Monday/early Tuesday. Grrr. Please think good thoughts for us :angel:


they updated the track thru the east coast now ?

Majority of models have it coming up the coast after hitting FL then into SC. Charleston already beginning evacuation plans.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Silvervein
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 704
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015
Location: SC

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby Silvervein » Wed Sep 06, 2017

silverhoarder3 wrote:
mnymgr1 wrote:
silverhoarder3 wrote:Oh crappy, Hurricane Irma tracking right through my yard. Should hit us in SC late Monday/early Tuesday. Grrr. Please think good thoughts for us :angel:


they updated the track thru the east coast now ?

Majority of models have it coming up the coast after hitting FL then into SC. Charleston already beginning evacuation plans.


Bill,
You are north of Charleston and Columbia right?
If not let me know if you need anything as my home is open to you.
I am very inland in Spartanburg but the flooding can still hit here.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold."
- Bob Marley

User avatar
silverhoarder3
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1720
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014
Location: SC

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby silverhoarder3 » Wed Sep 06, 2017

Silvervein wrote:
silverhoarder3 wrote:
mnymgr1 wrote:
silverhoarder3 wrote:Oh crappy, Hurricane Irma tracking right through my yard. Should hit us in SC late Monday/early Tuesday. Grrr. Please think good thoughts for us :angel:


they updated the track thru the east coast now ?

Majority of models have it coming up the coast after hitting FL then into SC. Charleston already beginning evacuation plans.


Bill,
You are north of Charleston and Columbia right?
If not let me know if you need anything as my home is open to you.
I am very inland in Spartanburg but the flooding can still hit here.

Thank you! Yes, I'm a tad north of Coulmbia.I'll let you know as things progress.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
mnymgr1
Posts: 10140
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010
Location: Midwest

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby mnymgr1 » Sun Sep 10, 2017

how are our members doing down in FL who decided to stay ??
looks like the east coast got a reprieve of sorts while the gulf side of FL is taking the brunt of the storm.
I hope all of you who hunkered down are safe.
good luck
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

User avatar
Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1266
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015
Location: PCB FL

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Sun Sep 10, 2017

I don't know any members, but I have some guys I work with who live in the Naples area and they say it was getting pretty bad. Haven't heard anything out of them in the past couple of hours, they seem to think the storm surge was going to be the big issue. They say it's like Miami where a extreme high tide will cause flooding from time to time. Up here in the panhandle they have closed all schools and city operations. Gulf Power just sent out a tweet telling us to be ready for the possibility of power being out for up to two days. I hope they are over estimating. Sorry for my southern neighbors, but I hope the lower half of the state powers down Irma before she gets up here.
Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

User avatar
Brades
Gold Supporter
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009
Location: Florida

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby Brades » Mon Sep 11, 2017

Wasn't too bad on the east coast in Port Orange... Hurricane Matthew did more damage.

User avatar
Rodebaugh
Jester
Posts: 3860
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011
Location: Almost Heaven

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Sep 13, 2017

Anyone in my area of WV or Va feel that earthquake just a few min ago?

User avatar
jcz1
Posts: 4244
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011
Location: USA

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby jcz1 » Wed Sep 13, 2017

Rodebaugh wrote:Anyone in my area of WV or Va feel that earthquake just a few min ago?

There have been: (M1.5 or greater)

79 earthquakes in the past 24 hours
868 earthquakes in the past 7 days
3,135 earthquakes in the past 30 days
39,516 earthquakes in the past 365 days

18 minutes ago 2.1 magnitude, 3 km depth Janesville, California, United States
30 minutes ago 1.5 magnitude, 3 km depth Atascadero, California, United States
about an hour ago 3.2 magnitude, 20 km depth Pearisburg, Virginia, United States
about 3 hours ago 2.1 magnitude, 36 km depth Pāhala, Hawaii, United States
about 3 hours ago 4.9 magnitude, 51 km depth Kirakira, Makira, Solomon Islands
about 3 hours ago 2.1 magnitude, 54 km depth Anchor Point, Alaska, United States
about 5 hours ago 1.9 magnitude, 9 km depth Challis, Idaho, United States
about 5 hours ago 1.5 magnitude, 0 km depth Ester, Alaska, United States
about 5 hours ago 2.3 magnitude, 8 km depth Smith, Nevada, United States
about 5 hours ago 2.3 magnitude, 1 km depth Fort Irwin, California, United States

https://earthquaketrack.com/recent

That's a lot of earthquakes! :shock:
Democracy Dies in Darkness

User avatar
mnymgr1
Posts: 10140
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010
Location: Midwest

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby mnymgr1 » Wed Sep 13, 2017

are there any fault lines in WV / VA ??
didn't know that if there were.
I know there is a non-active one in downstate IL, figure when that one let's go, will shake all of Illinois into pieces since it has been stuck for so long
good luck down there
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

User avatar
Rodebaugh
Jester
Posts: 3860
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011
Location: Almost Heaven

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Sep 13, 2017

I'm sure there are some faults. Likely deep and not to terribly active if I were to chance a guess. It felt like someone shooting coal but seemed to last for 1-1.5 seconds instead of the normal millisecond. Barely noticeable in fact.

Zugzwang, You are in the next Valley over. Did you feel it?

http://www.wvva.com/story/36358299/2017 ... -county-wv
Last edited by Rodebaugh on Wed Sep 13, 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Recluse
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1098
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014
Location: Illinois

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby Recluse » Wed Sep 13, 2017

mnymgr1 wrote:are there any fault lines in WV / VA ??
didn't know that if there were.
I know there is a non-active one in downstate IL, figure when that one let's go, will shake all of Illinois into pieces since it has been stuck for so long
good luck down there


We had a 3.1 last saturday
https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes ... #executive

User avatar
Zugzwang
Posts: 781
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015
Location: Roanoke Valley Area - VA

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby Zugzwang » Thu Sep 14, 2017

Hiya All,
I felt nothing, but I was in my work building at the time, and it is currently under construction...
When I was a teenager, I experienced 3.2 "quake" 100 miles or so west of here. So, smaller ones happen here, but not too often...
Cheers,
Zz :kitty:
Image Image Image

If U.S. Dollars were miles, the U.S. national debt could be expressed in light years -- over 3 now, and counting...


Return to “Burgers and Beers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests