To all our members in the way of bad weather....

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
deenz
Silver Supporter

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby deenz » Thu Oct 11, 2018

Mercuryman wrote:Hopefully the rain doesn't get you too bad, it's coming down in Western NC.

My wife's parents are outside Asheville- many road closures and flash floods in their area. Nothing here in Raleigh yet- light sprinkles with the worst to come this afternoon. We're expecting anywhere from 4-8 inches of rain with some wind. Similar to what we got during Florence (some road closures and power outages, weak trees down). I hope everyone is okay- especially thinking of Super Stacker as Panama City was flattened.

shinnosuke

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Oct 11, 2018

https://www.al.com/expo/news/erry-2018/ ... anama.html

Lots of pictures at that link showing damage in Panama City. Blessings on those affected.

Mercuryman

Postby Mercuryman » Thu Oct 11, 2018

deenz wrote:
Mercuryman wrote:Hopefully the rain doesn't get you too bad, it's coming down in Western NC.

My wife's parents are outside Asheville- many road closures and flash floods in their area. Nothing here in Raleigh yet- light sprinkles with the worst to come this afternoon. We're expecting anywhere from 4-8 inches of rain with some wind. Similar to what we got during Florence (some road closures and power outages, weak trees down). I hope everyone is okay- especially thinking of Super Stacker as Panama City was flattened.

I drove from Asheville to Greensboro today. Went through Winston Salem and it looked like a war zone with the debris and power outages. A tree landed on a car in downtown shutting down a bridge. I stopped in Stokesdale to see a friend. Took me 2 hours to go 3 miles... Then i had to wait 3 hours to leave before they cleared the roads. Every side road had trees down taking the power lines with them. Stokesdale, high point, oak ridge are all without power. I saw atleast a dozen totaled cars on the highway where the wind had blown them into the guard rails. I picked a bad day to travel... Pretty stupid of me.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

deenz
Silver Supporter

Postby deenz » Thu Oct 11, 2018

My house is fine. Power outages and damage from winds and floods again here in Raleigh and my neighborhood; my neighbors have a giant oak crushing the garage and the car inside. No school again tomorrow. Good day to go to the fair and see the giant pumpkin.

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Fri Oct 12, 2018

Does anyone have a way to contact Super Stacker PCB? He hasn't logged in since Wednesday noon. (about the time the storm hit shore) Hope the guy is all right.
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #17 & 18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***

ImageImage

chris6084

Postby chris6084 » Sat Oct 13, 2018

Rik Bitter wrote:Does anyone have a way to contact Super Stacker PCB? He hasn't logged in since Wednesday noon. (about the time the storm hit shore) Hope the guy is all right.

I hope so as well. I looked up Panama City to see how this city is doing after the storm. They got hit pretty hard. They are still under a mandatory water boil, lots of power outages, and seems to have some cell phone outages as well. Let's just hope all is well and he is just forced to be off the grid for a bit.

grantwoodisgold
Gold Supporter

Postby grantwoodisgold » Sat Oct 13, 2018

Mechanic4hire3 wrote:
Super Stacker PCB wrote:Starting to get pretty rough here in Panama City Beach. Heavy rains and pretty strong gust. Worst to come, just praying for the best.

Hope to hear from you soon. That storm hit as a beast!
Panama City took a beating from coverage I have seen.
Praying you and yours are well..

+1 more prayer
"SAUSAGE FLAVORED MEAT PELLETS, GRADE D BUT EDIBLE"
"Better 1 or 2 years early than 1 day late"

Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Mon Oct 15, 2018

Well I made it out alive and well. We have no cell service so been out of touch from everyone. My house sits pretty much on the dividing line of bad to everything gone. My house made it out well, no fences or trees any more, but thankful for that being the only issues I have. All my friends that live less that five miles from me have nothing. Been running from sun up to curfew everyday tarping roofs and walls to the house that are still standing. Cell service is out indefinitely for Verizon customers only. Luckily father-in-law brought in an att hotspot so we can at least get emails out to family members to let them know we are okay. It’s complete devistation, my town is gone and not sure how long it will be before it comes back.
Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Mon Oct 15, 2018

Glad you made it through relatively unscathed. The pics I saw from Mexico Beach and Port St. Joe looked bad, like total loss bad. Good on you helping out the neighbors. Stay safe.
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #17 & 18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***

ImageImage

Mechanic4hire3
Platinum Supporter

Postby Mechanic4hire3 » Tue Oct 16, 2018

Super Stacker PCB wrote:Well I made it out alive and well. We have no cell service so been out of touch from everyone. My house sits pretty much on the dividing line of bad to everything gone. My house made it out well, no fences or trees any more, but thankful for that being the only issues I have. All my friends that live less that five miles from me have nothing. Been running from sun up to curfew everyday tarping roofs and walls to the house that are still standing. Cell service is out indefinitely for Verizon customers only. Luckily father-in-law brought in an att hotspot so we can at least get emails out to family members to let them know we are okay. It’s complete devistation, my town is gone and not sure how long it will be before it comes back.
Great to hear from you :clap: Sorry for the yard damage, but as you said thankful that was all the damage you sustained. A few weeks ago when. I was in the middle of Hurricane Florence which turned into way worse of a Florence Flood a Gracious member here sent me some help and told me not to send him anything back but to pay it forward so send me your address or an address I can send you a get well package to. Hang in there sorry about your Hometown.
EBay rcook21973
Local: Redwheel_ Numismatics

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Tue Oct 16, 2018

There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Tue Oct 16, 2018

Mechanic4hire3 wrote:
Super Stacker PCB wrote:Well I made it out alive and well. We have no cell service so been out of touch from everyone. My house sits pretty much on the dividing line of bad to everything gone. My house made it out well, no fences or trees any more, but thankful for that being the only issues I have. All my friends that live less that five miles from me have nothing. Been running from sun up to curfew everyday tarping roofs and walls to the house that are still standing. Cell service is out indefinitely for Verizon customers only. Luckily father-in-law brought in an att hotspot so we can at least get emails out to family members to let them know we are okay. It’s complete devistation, my town is gone and not sure how long it will be before it comes back.
Great to hear from you :clap: Sorry for the yard damage, but as you said thankful that was all the damage you sustained. A few weeks ago when. I was in the middle of Hurricane Florence which turned into way worse of a Florence Flood a Gracious member here sent me some help and told me not to send him anything back but to pay it forward so send me your address or an address I can send you a get well package to. Hang in there sorry about your Hometown.

I really appreciate it, but what we need here are things that just run out so quickly. Things like gas and ice. We made a gas run yesterday north east of here. A trip that would normally be 2hr round trip, took us every bit of 8hrs. Filled up $300 worth of fuel tanks and grabbed 12 bags of ice(all they had). I provided a generator for my friends elderly neighbor, and between them two and the other friends we are helping with gas, we will have to make that run again about every 3 days. Last report will be two more weeks until they get power. Plenty of drinking water is around in the Panama City area, but the rural areas outlying Panama City haven’t even been reached yet.

Looters are getting bad. Radio reported an average of 10 looters are being arrested daily and most have been armed. Nobody in my truck are a conceled permit holder, but we are armed. My neighbor is a police officer, and they said they are kind of overlooking it as long as you don’t appear to be doing something illegal or doing something illegal.

I feel pretty guilty going home at night after supply my friends with the things to keep them going. My power is on, only thing I’m missing is cable, internet and clean drinking water. At the end of the day, after dropping them off, they are still living in the war zone.
Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

Silvervein
Turtle Supporter

Postby Silvervein » Wed Oct 17, 2018

Super Stacker - Do not feel guilty...you are very honorable in doing all the help you can. You were spared so you could help others. I commend you sir! It's easy for some that are close by that are not directly hit to ignore others, they are the ones to feel shame. Stay safe and I hope you never have to use your firearms.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold."
- Bob Marley

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Wed Oct 17, 2018

Ok, so bluntly put, what is your e-mail addy so we can PPF&F/gift you and you can use it where it is needed most in your community. You are our man at the front in the trenches and we would like to help directly. Help us, help you and yours.
“Rationality belongs to the cool observer, but because of the stupidity of the average man, he follows not reason, but faith, and the naive faith requires necessary illusion and emotionally potent oversimplifications which are provided by the myth-maker to keep ordinary person on course.”

― Reinhold Niebuhr, Moral Man and Immoral Society: Study in Ethics and Politics

Mechanic4hire3
Platinum Supporter

Postby Mechanic4hire3 » Wed Oct 17, 2018

Brick's wrote:Ok, so bluntly put, what is your e-mail addy so we can PPF&F/gift you and you can use it where it is needed most in your community. You are our man at the front in the trenches and we would like to help directly. Help us, help you and yours.

What he said. If you do not want to be the middle man. See if you can find out a name and contact info for a shelter or any organization that has boots on the ground and is TRYING to make a difference. We can here and I have some other sources who want to donate. Just need a legit place to send it to. Hang in there.

One of the reasons I chose to ride out the flood was looters! Scumbags! It separated me from my job..ouch... I had only 2 vacation days left to burn, And as you mentioned the cost of that much gas, heck the cost to locate gas was a plenty, genorator ect ect. Now because I work in the electrical connector division were are on mandatory 3 weeks straight to fill orders because of Hurricane Micheal... :(
EBay rcook21973
Local: Redwheel_ Numismatics

grantwoodisgold
Gold Supporter

Postby grantwoodisgold » Wed Oct 31, 2018

received a phone alert so i looked it up:

https://alerts.weather.gov/cap/wwacapge ... 6a2f96bb41

Posted 2 hours ago
TORNADO WATCH 416 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1000 PM CDT FOR THE
FOLLOWING LOCATIONS
TX

. TEXAS COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE
ANDERSON ANGELINA AUSTIN
BASTROP BOWIE BRAZORIA
BRAZOS BURLESON CALDWELL
CAMP CASS CHAMBERS
CHEROKEE COLORADO FALLS
FAYETTE FORT BEND FRANKLIN
FREESTONE GALVESTON GONZALES
GREGG GRIMES HARDIN
HARRIS HARRISON HENDERSON
HOUSTON JASPER JEFFERSON
LAVACA LEE LEON
LIBERTY LIMESTONE MADISON
MARION MILAM MONTGOMERY
MORRIS NACOGDOCHES NEWTON
ORANGE PANOLA POLK
RED RIVER ROBERTSON RUSK
SABINE SAN AUGUSTINE SAN JACINTO
SHELBY SMITH TITUS
TRINITY TYLER UPSHUR
VAN ZANDT WALKER WALLER
WASHINGTON WHARTON WOOD

:shock:
"SAUSAGE FLAVORED MEAT PELLETS, GRADE D BUT EDIBLE"
"Better 1 or 2 years early than 1 day late"

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Wed Oct 31, 2018

grantwoodisgold wrote:received a phone alert so i looked it up:

https://alerts.weather.gov/cap/wwacapge ... 6a2f96bb41

Posted 2 hours ago
TORNADO WATCH 416 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1000 PM CDT FOR THE
FOLLOWING LOCATIONS
TX

. TEXAS COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE
ANDERSON ANGELINA AUSTIN
BASTROP BOWIE BRAZORIA
BRAZOS BURLESON CALDWELL
CAMP CASS CHAMBERS
CHEROKEE COLORADO FALLS
FAYETTE FORT BEND FRANKLIN
FREESTONE GALVESTON GONZALES
GREGG GRIMES HARDIN
HARRIS HARRISON HENDERSON
HOUSTON JASPER JEFFERSON
LAVACA LEE LEON
LIBERTY LIMESTONE MADISON
MARION MILAM MONTGOMERY
MORRIS NACOGDOCHES NEWTON
ORANGE PANOLA POLK
RED RIVER ROBERTSON RUSK
SABINE SAN AUGUSTINE SAN JACINTO
SHELBY SMITH TITUS
TRINITY TYLER UPSHUR
VAN ZANDT WALKER WALLER
WASHINGTON WHARTON WOOD

:shock:

Odd for this time of year. My family lives in Cherokee County Tx. That's at least half of Texas :shock:

Return to “Burgers and Beers”