To all our members in the way of bad weather....

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
User avatar
mnymgr1
Posts: 10482
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010
Location: Midwest

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby mnymgr1 » Thu Jun 21, 2018

yikes what weather in the eastern half of the US this week.
the storms in TX look like they just sat on top of the SE portion of the state and drenched it.
just saw a pic on weather.com of an entire neighborhood underwater.

up here in midwest, cold/warm front has collided and is just rubbing against one another not moving.
so the actual front is just rotating over the same areas. So far its just green and yellow on the radar, red later this morning. 3-5'' expected around here.

already looking forward to winter weather :lol:

hope everyone is safe down in TX
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

User avatar
natsb88
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 5228
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009
Location: The Copper Cave
Contact:

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby natsb88 » Thu Jun 21, 2018

Two tornadoes touched down in northeastern PA last Wednesday, including an EF2 in Wilkes-Barre that tossed vehicles around at a car dealer, trucks around at a U-Haul location, and destroyed or damaged 21 other businesses in a shopping center. Fortunately when it hit around 10 pm, most of the businesses were closed with nobody inside. There were only 6 injuries reported and no fatalities.

We get a few EF0 tornadoes in PA every year, and occasionally an EF1, but an EF2 is pretty rare. The theory being that the mountains help to disrupt organization in storms. Not this time.



https://articles.pennlive.com/news/2018 ... urns_f.amp

User avatar
mnymgr1
Posts: 10482
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010
Location: Midwest

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby mnymgr1 » Thu Jun 21, 2018

not that it will help my situation I'm guessing but when my son can help me upload youtube videos of my water issues, I'm going to direct every last soul in government around here to go watch. Maybe they'll bump me to the top of the county's buy list. we have had drizzle now for hours and hours, backyard drain is at full capacity. If it rained hard, I'd be in back with my giant pump which doesn't make a dent when you have a river entering the yard.

oh yeah, happy summer everyone :P :clap:
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

User avatar
BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 3375
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013
Location: Connecticut

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby BarsandStars » Thu Jun 21, 2018

mnymgr1 wrote:not that it will help my situation I'm guessing but when my son can help me upload youtube videos of my water issues, I'm going to direct every last soul in government around here to go watch. Maybe they'll bump me to the top of the county's buy list. we have had drizzle now for hours and hours, backyard drain is at full capacity. If it rained hard, I'd be in back with my giant pump which doesn't make a dent when you have a river entering the yard.

oh yeah, happy summer everyone :P :clap:

That sucks! What a jerk neighbor. "This water sucks, lets re-route it to Johns yard"
Joining Binance to trade cryptos? Click my referral link below!
www.binance.com/?ref=20981136

User avatar
mnymgr1
Posts: 10482
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010
Location: Midwest

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby mnymgr1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018

Just read that parts of hurricane harvey areas in TX received 15'' of rain last 2-3 days
I really hope all of our members down there are doing fine.
Stay safe.
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

silverhead
Silver Supporter
Posts: 2660
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012
Location: Taxafornia

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby silverhead » Fri Jul 06, 2018

Heatwave pretty much everywhere, but in San Diego County there are a few big wildfires blazing right now. Any members in the area stay safe and hydrated.
I heard that I-8 is still partially open with fires on both north and south sides and firefighters running along the 8 :o
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Purple and Gold
Posts: 8050
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby Purple and Gold » Fri Jul 06, 2018

silverhead wrote:Heatwave pretty much everywhere, but in San Diego County there are a few big wildfires blazing right now. Any members in the area stay safe and hydrated.
I heard that I-8 is still partially open with fires on both north and south sides and firefighters running along the 8 :o


I heard it will get to 100 + degrees today in SoCal, breaking the record by 10 degrees :shock:
Stay cool in the pool 8-)
ImageImageImage

silverhead
Silver Supporter
Posts: 2660
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012
Location: Taxafornia

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby silverhead » Fri Jul 06, 2018

Purple and Gold wrote:
silverhead wrote:Heatwave pretty much everywhere, but in San Diego County there are a few big wildfires blazing right now. Any members in the area stay safe and hydrated.
I heard that I-8 is still partially open with fires on both north and south sides and firefighters running along the 8 :o


I heard it will get to 100 + degrees today in SoCal, breaking the record by 10 degrees :shock:
Stay cool in the pool 8-)


Yes all time high in Ramona today 115, 108 in Alpine (biggest current fire) with 11 % humidity.
Only about 93 at my house closer to the coast, but it's been averaging 72-74 for weeks.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Purple and Gold
Posts: 8050
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby Purple and Gold » Fri Jul 06, 2018

silverhead wrote:[

Yes all time high in Ramona today 115, 108 in Alpine (biggest current fire) with 11 % humidity.
Only about 93 at my house closer to the coast, but it's been averaging 72-74 for weeks.


11%! Wow thats dry. I dont think it has ever been 11% in La. before :cry:
Did the wild fire get started from fireworks?
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Purple and Gold
Posts: 8050
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby Purple and Gold » Mon Jul 16, 2018

Weatherman says we have a weather alert in La. for the next few days bc of thick dust that is coming here all the way from the Sahara Desert :shock: You can see the plume of dust on the satellite image. Todays sunset was very reddish and hazy
ImageImageImage


Return to “Burgers and Beers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests