BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby tdtwedt » Tue Sep 03, 2019

Military suicides top record despite government's best efforts: 'We have to do better'

The disturbing number has held steady for years: Roughly 20 U.S. military veterans take their own lives each day.

The Defense Department reported a significant uptick last year in the number of active-duty and reserve men and women who died by suicide. The suicide rate among veterans ages 18 to 34, some of whom served in Iraq and Afghanistan, shot up dramatically from 2015 to 2016, data show.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... onal-spot/
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Wed Sep 04, 2019

Elon Musk’s ‘rogue’ Starlink satellites nearly crashed into European probe as fears grow humanity will be ‘trapped on Earth’ by billionaire’s space junk

https://www.thesun.ie/tech/4508949/elon ... pace-junk/

:pop:

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Thu Sep 05, 2019

This branch takes the cake as the US military’s fattest

The overall rate of fat service members is also up from recent years, with the percentage of personnel weighing in at obese standards climbing to over 17 percent, according to a Health of the DoD Force study.

That number spiked to over a quarter of service members over the age of 35.

For the Navy, the overall number of obese personnel was a shocking 22 percent. The other branches reported the following frequency of obesity:

• Air Force: 18 percent
• Army: 17 percent
• Marine Corps: 8.3 percent

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-duty/ ... s-fattest/

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Thu Sep 05, 2019

^ I was pushing 190 while in the AF. They almost put me on the "Fat Boy" program. It was 30+ yrs ago, but we also had to run about a mile and meet push-up, etc... yearly! Why is so much leeway allowed to soldiers today?
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Thu Sep 05, 2019

AGhead wrote:^ I was pushing 190 while in the AF. They almost put me on the "Fat Boy" program. It was 30+ yrs ago, but we also had to run about a mile and meet push-up, etc... yearly! Why is so much leeway allowed to soldiers today?

Wow ya'll had it pretty easy! The Marine Corps does a quarterly test of a 3 mile run ( and you have to do it in about 20 mins to make a decent score, we didnt have "running shoes" back then, just run in your reg tennis, lol.) + all the other fitness tests. We did these PFT's weekly to stay fit and improve our times and scores.
Good PFT scores and Rifle range scores gave the CO's hardons, as they called it :lol:
That really was the only way to make rank in the Corps, theres no such thing as written tests for promotions like the other branches have, you were basically interviewed by upper Command, about 5 of them asking you all kinds of stuff and trying to break you down , lol. :grinch:
ImageImageImage

silverhead
Silver Supporter

Postby silverhead » Thu Sep 05, 2019

There was a guy in the Navy with me. He was 5' 10" at the tallest and weighed 300.. Somehow he passed the body fat, must have been his 30' neck. I shook my head when he made Chief.
ImageImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Thu Sep 05, 2019

silverhead wrote:There was a guy in the Navy with me. He was 5' 10" at the tallest and weighed 300.. Somehow he passed the body fat, must have been his 30' neck. I shook my head when he made Chief.

I served with a guy who could barely do the minimum required 3 pull ups :oops: , But he was the best one in the company at sit ups, he could do around 100 in the 2 min test :shock:
It was amazing to watch him go
ImageImageImage

silverhead
Silver Supporter

Postby silverhead » Thu Sep 05, 2019

Purple and Gold wrote:
silverhead wrote:There was a guy in the Navy with me. He was 5' 10" at the tallest and weighed 300.. Somehow he passed the body fat, must have been his 30' neck. I shook my head when he made Chief.

I served with a guy who could barely do the minimum required 3 pull ups :oops: , But he was the best one in the company at sit ups, he could do around 100 in the 2 min test :shock:
It was amazing to watch him go

We had a young guy who blew through the 1.5 mile run in 8.30 but was failed because he couldn't touch his toes on the "sit and reach" (your toes) flexibility test :duck:
ImageImageImage

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Thu Sep 05, 2019

...Bunch of Nancy's
:lol:
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Fri Sep 06, 2019

Major University Study Finds "Fire Did Not Bring Down Tower 7 On 9/11"

This week, Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth announced their partnership with the University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF) in releasing a draft report of an in depth four-year study on what actually brought down WTC 7. According to the press release, the release of the draft report begins a two-month period during which the public is invited to submit comments. The final report will be published later this year.

Fire did not cause the collapse of WTC 7 on 9/11, contrary to the conclusions of NIST and private engineering firms that studied the collapse. The secondary conclusion of our study is that the collapse of WTC 7 was a global failure involving the near-simultaneous failure of every column in the building

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-09- ... ower-7-911

skylersfriend
Turtle Jester

Postby skylersfriend » Sat Sep 07, 2019

"Life is trouble. Only death is not. To be alive is to undo your belt and *look* for trouble."

“To think things out properly and fairly, a fellow's got to be calm and old and toothless: When you're an old gaffer with no teeth, it's easy to say: 'Damn it, boys, you mustn't bite!' But, when you've got all thirty-two teeth...”

- Zorba the Greek, Nikos Kazantzakis

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Sat Sep 07, 2019

'It's Kind of Like an Addiction': On the Road With Trump's Rally Diehards

Libby DePiero once drove her Ford Focus so far to attend a Trump campaign rally — about 1,000 miles from her home in Connecticut to Indiana — that when she lay in bed that night she thought the twitching in her driving leg was coming from an animal under the mattress. :shock:

The 64-year-old retiree, who prefers sparkly nail polish, leopard prints and selfies with Trump campaign officials, is almost always one of the first few people in line at the president’s campaign events, part of the self-described group of “Front Row Joes” who routinely travel to see the president perform. Several, like Ms. DePiero, have attended more than 50 Trump rallies.

She keeps going because she trusts only the president to deliver her the news. “How else would I know what’s going on?” she said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartandhp

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Sat Sep 07, 2019

tdtwedt wrote:'It's Kind of Like an Addiction': On the Road With Trump's Rally Diehards

Libby DePiero once drove her Ford Focus so far to attend a Trump campaign rally — about 1,000 miles from her home in Connecticut to Indiana — that when she lay in bed that night she thought the twitching in her driving leg was coming from an animal under the mattress. :shock:

The 64-year-old retiree, who prefers sparkly nail polish, leopard prints and selfies with Trump campaign officials, is almost always one of the first few people in line at the president’s campaign events, part of the self-described group of “Front Row Joes” who routinely travel to see the president perform. Several, like Ms. DePiero, have attended more than 50 Trump rallies.

She keeps going because she trusts only the president to deliver her the news. “How else would I know what’s going on?” she said.

I'm down to the last four pieces to complete my YPS collection:
1oz. Yin Yang Hex, 2oz. Ankh
100g .9999 Bar, 3oz. Peace Sign

Also any pieces with serial #17 & 18s. Please contact me if you have any of these for sale.

ImageImage

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Sun Sep 08, 2019

Study accidentally reveals biological aging may be reversible

A new study shows that scientists might be able to not only slow the process of aging but actually reverse it, Benjamin Button-style.

Volunteers in a California study were given a cocktail of three common drugs for one year-- a growth hormone and two diabetes medications. Scientists had been testing the drugs in the hope of regenerating the thymus gland.

But upon further analysis, they found that participants had lost an average of 2.5 years on their "epigenetic clock," measured by analyzing marks on a person's genomes, according to the journal Nature. Participants' immune systems also showed signs of rejuvenation.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/groudbre ... reversible

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Tue Sep 10, 2019

The CIA's Secret Quest For Mind Control: Torture, LSD And A 'Poisoner In Chief'

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/09/75898964 ... r-in-chief

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Tue Sep 10, 2019

tdtwedt wrote:'It's Kind of Like an Addiction': On the Road With Trump's Rally Diehards
<snip>

<snip>

The woman simply wants to be a part of something bigger than her self having attended over 50 events. It's a performance and she's being entertained or as she says, informed. Can you say cult following? Maybe groupie is a better word? Imagine having nothing better to do with your life in retirement. At least she has the "freedom" to do as she pleases. I can think of a word that describes her perfectly, but for some reason my conscience has the better of me on this one.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Tue Sep 10, 2019

'..that when she lay in bed that night she thought the twitching in her driving leg was coming from an animal under the mattress." :lol: :shifty:

And ole Dude next to her cracks me up, what is that shiny he is wearing around his neck?
ImageImageImage

Shortstack McAygee
Silver Supporter

Postby Shortstack McAygee » Wed Sep 11, 2019

tdtwedt wrote:Major University Study Finds "Fire Did Not Bring Down Tower 7 On 9/11"

[SNIP]

David Icke has a new book out re: 9/11, entitled The Trigger.

Currently streaming an interview on YouTube. Not sure if it's looping all day today, or what...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fucL_86K4dE

ImageImageImage

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Wed Sep 11, 2019

Shortstack McAygee wrote:
tdtwedt wrote:Major University Study Finds "Fire Did Not Bring Down Tower 7 On 9/11"

[SNIP]

David Icke has a new book out re: 9/11, entitled The Trigger.

Currently streaming an interview on YouTube. Not sure if it's looping all day today, or what...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fucL_86K4dE

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Thu Sep 12, 2019

Israel accused of planting mysterious spy devices near the White House

The U.S. government concluded within the last two years that Israel was most likely behind the placement of cell-phone surveillance devices that were found near the White House and other sensitive locations around Washington, D.C., according to three former senior U.S. officials with knowledge of the matter.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/ ... es-1491351

Return to “Burgers and Beers”