BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
Brick's
Supporter

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby Brick's » Tue Jun 11, 2019

Thanks for posting shortstack. The experts explain what happens when the sheep look up.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Tue Jun 11, 2019

Shortstack McAygee wrote:
tdtwedt wrote:The Most 'Believed' "Conspiracy Theories" In America

Believers in conspiracy theories are usually written off immediately as weirdos and idiots, but as a new survey by YouGov for Statista reveals, in some cases, these are actually widely-held beliefs and far from the bizarre, fringe opinion that you might have come to expect.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06- ... es-america

:pop:

12-minute clip from a documentary by Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth.

"Why is it so difficult for people to hear the truth about 9/11? With their expert understanding of psychology and their extensive experience in counseling working with trauma patients, these professional psychologists explain some of the reasons why."

Swap out 9/11 for any other fairly reasonable "conspiracy theory," and it still works out pretty much the same... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxiQmtVGgcQ

There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Tue Jun 11, 2019

tdtwedt wrote:
Shortstack McAygee wrote:
tdtwedt wrote:The Most 'Believed' "Conspiracy Theories" In America

Believers in conspiracy theories are usually written off immediately as weirdos and idiots, but as a new survey by YouGov for Statista reveals, in some cases, these are actually widely-held beliefs and far from the bizarre, fringe opinion that you might have come to expect.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06- ... es-america

12-minute clip from a documentary by Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth.

"Why is it so difficult for people to hear the truth about 9/11? With their expert understanding of psychology and their extensive experience in counseling working with trauma patients, these professional psychologists explain some of the reasons why."

Swap out 9/11 for any other fairly reasonable "conspiracy theory," and it still works out pretty much the same... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxiQmtVGgcQ

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psycho ... ries%3famp
The psychology of flat earthers, antivaxxers, and truthers.

:geek:
Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Tue Jun 11, 2019

Why changing humanity is an uphill battle.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire

bankmining

Postby bankmining » Tue Jun 11, 2019

Shout out to Virginia. Saw this license plate here in Washington State. Not sure if my photo is very clear, it’s a Gadsden Flag specialty plate personalized with REB GRL. Didn’t know the Gadsden Flag was being used by a DOL somewhere. It wouldn’t be tolerated in Seattle :lol: .
Attachments
4DB0839D-A6BF-49AF-8194-BDC32B388C79.jpeg
4DB0839D-A6BF-49AF-8194-BDC32B388C79.jpeg (106.39 KiB) Viewed 581 times

Shortstack McAygee
Silver Supporter

Postby Shortstack McAygee » Wed Jun 12, 2019

Super Stacker PCB wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/psych-unseen/201904/what-makes-people-believe-in-conspiracy-theories%3famp
The psychology of flat earthers, antivaxxers, and truthers.

Well, I wouldn't exactly expect those who have something fairly meaningful to lose/hide, to simply automatically & immediately roll over & come clean, ya know?

"Oh, okay... You got us. Busted. Oopsie! :oops: Sorry about that. Just a one-time lapse in judgement. We promise to do better in the future, and it won't happen again. Deal?"

Nope, they'll fight tooth & nail, using any & every method possible at their disposal. And with the power, control, money, connections & other resources available to them, with some of the things that they can & do pull off? Doesn't exactly take much to simply pick up the phone & call their buddy in charge of, say, Psychology Today (Sussex Publishers), and make a little deal for them to have their people put out a series of articles (i.e., hit-pieces) about those dumb, crazy, stubborn, paranoid "conspiracy theorists" (their adjectives, bluntly).

You know, that way, whenever something like this comes up? People can simply refer them to the article via Google, YouTube, etc. Bit "ironic," though, you gotta admit... Using people to do exactly what they supposedly scoff at? ;)

And in that case, turnabout is fair play. :P

Could I trouble those reading, for a mere hour of their time? Certainly worthy of a watch, IMO.

Here's where my above clip came from...

As millions of people are becoming aware that they haven't gotten the whole story on 9/11, over 1700 architects & engineers are leading the way at AE911TRUTH, with dozens of these professionals giving testimonials in this documentary, putting their careers on the line in their demand for a new independent investigation. High-rise architects, structural engineers, scientists, physicists, chemists, scholars, educators, firefighters, forensic fire engineers, demolition experts and others also testify in this ground-breaking scientific assessment of the events at the World Trade Center.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddz2mw2vaEg

ImageImageImage

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Wed Jun 12, 2019

Watched it to the point the psych pros came back on. Am I traumatized? No. Am I in any way surprised our government and it's masters have done what this evidence shows? No. My eyes were opened back in the summer of '72 when I received subversive material from an ex-vet with the VVAW. I read then we had exposed our troops to defoliant agents red (orange,) white and blue and they were getting sick from it.

Fast forward to '83 when Dow and the government admit the stuff did bad things to people. To '88 when the supreme court upholds the agent orange lawsuit filed by vets. To 2015 when the government agrees to pay disability benefits to exposed vets (year dates may be close or rough by memory).

God Bless the whistle blowers. This is the life experience I have grown up with. I've watched 1984 come during my lifetime. Why I love America, and fear the United States. And why I'll die someday with the unfulfilled expectation of having settled for nothing less than the complete decentralization and devolution of government and corporations power and control back to the communities, regions, and states where it belongs in that order.

Questioning and resisting authority when needed is a lifetime activity. One of the keys is getting the sheep to look up.

iratebob
Platinum Supporter

Postby iratebob » Wed Jun 12, 2019

Conspiracy theories are just that ... theories; a set of information, isolated facts, and chosen testimony that when woven together can create any narrative you can chose to accept or deny.
Otherwise, these 'theories' would no longer be theories.

Dozens testify but not one person can state "I retrofitted WTC Building #1 with Thermite" or "I participated in detonation" or "I was part of the coverup".

I love a good conspiracy. BTW ... who's idea was it to blow up the WTC and why?? How long does it take to get 11 middle easterners through flight training, prepare downtown Manhattan for annihilation and keep all those involved quiet.

cmiller17363
Gold Supporter

Postby cmiller17363 » Wed Jun 12, 2019

Maybe the thermite retrofitters are dead. :shifty:
ImageImageImage

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Wed Jun 12, 2019

cmiller17363 wrote:Maybe the thermite retrofitters are dead. :shifty:

iratebob
Platinum Supporter

Postby iratebob » Wed Jun 12, 2019

That's a conspiracy theory based on a conspiracy theory.
Now we're getting somewhere!

cmiller17363
Gold Supporter

Postby cmiller17363 » Fri Jun 14, 2019

Who is awake? yay for midnight shift!!
ImageImageImage

Shortstack McAygee
Silver Supporter

Postby Shortstack McAygee » Fri Jun 14, 2019

iratebob wrote:Conspiracy theories are just that ... theories; a set of information, isolated facts, and chosen testimony that when woven together can create any narrative you can chose to accept or deny.
Otherwise, these 'theories' would no longer be theories.

Dozens testify but not one person can state "I retrofitted WTC Building #1 with Thermite" or "I participated in detonation" or "I was part of the coverup".

I love a good conspiracy. BTW ... who's idea was it to blow up the WTC and why?? How long does it take to get 11 middle easterners through flight training, prepare downtown Manhattan for annihilation and keep all those involved quiet.

What is a "conspiracy"? Simply put, two or more people/entities getting together & doing something shady. That's it.

Do good people sometimes get together & do something *good*? Yup. Seen that here on BS plenty of times, for example.

Are there bad people out there, who sometimes get together & do bad stuff? Well, if not, then there should be a whole lot of empty prisons, for one. And are "bad people" limited to doing only relatively lower-level stuff, say, bank robberies of $5K? Why stop there? Bernie Madoff, for example, ripped off investors to the tune of anywhere between $10 billion & $65 billion (depending who you ask & how it's calculated). But isn't $100 billion even better? How about a trillion? The sky is the limit, baby!

And just because *you* or *I* wouldn't rob a bank, or fleece our investors for billions, or kill off a "measly" 3K people -- doesn't mean others don't, or wouldn't. People who do this kind of crap, don't exactly think like the majority of people out there. They are not you, and you are not them.

What keeps people from talking? For one, reward -- and punishment. A couple great motivators, for most people. And suppose they did talk, despite that... What might the public reaction be? Well, look no further than what we see here & elsewhere, from some: Disbelief, insults, silencing, etc. And this is merely from mentioning the possibility! Off the top of my head? I recall somebody *did* talk publicly about something (not 9/11)... And they immediately got fired. (I don't know/follow the guy, so who knows how he & his family's life have gone, since... But piss off the wrong people enough, and they can certainly make a person & their loved ones absolutely miserable, in all kinds of ways, for the rest of their days here on earth, if need be.)

As an aside: Know what else is a "theory"? Gravity. Also evolution. Yet these are taught as fact. And many people willingly accept them as legit fact. Again, these are *theories*. So, for those who do, I'd probably be intellectually mindful about pooh-poohing theories.

Anyway, why intentionally blow up the WTC? Who's to say for sure. But I dunno, how about offloading one's liability, kinda like how some people torch their own houses/businesses? Exactly how much asbestos was in those towers? Imagine the cost of removing it the conventional way. And how were the occupancy rates & terms? Was the owner making money -- or losing money? And did the owner have insurance on the buildings that covered an act of terrorism?

What followed 9/11? War. And a *lot* of money was spent for a long time on all that war stuff. Bombing the crap out of countries is big business -- as is the subsequent rebuilding. Always has been, always will be. That money is ending up in somebody's pockets, you know. (What else is interesting, is this whole opioid crisis that followed suit. Mere coincidence, Afghanistan?) Of course, this is not your grandfather's war, which had clear objectives (or so we're told)... Nope, this is a war on *terror*. A potentially open-ended, never-ending war, with ever-changing enemies. We must remain vigilant! Oh, and let's expand the government, and take away more of the common-people's freedoms, while we're at it. Know what would be even more "hilarious"? Having them think it's all a *good* idea, maybe them even begging for more. :shh:

Yes, I or anyone could go on & on. Plenty already out there. But I will leave you with this: Look what transpired because of 9/11. Who gained, who lost. And try to look at it through the eyes of a psychopath. Suddenly, it doesn't seem so crazy, does it.

Want conspiracy? Want crazy? This is the place for drivel that belongs nowhere, after all. :mrgreen:

If you have an hour & a half to kill, pull up a seat & make yourself some popcorn... :pop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMeXSlGJZYc

ImageImageImage

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Fri Jun 14, 2019

Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Fri Jun 14, 2019

That rabbit hole can get pretty deep on YouTube. Be careful in there, may come out thinking the lizard people are running the world.
Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Jun 14, 2019

Anybody who would be evil enough to do this, but dumb enough not to have a deadman switch revealing his part, and the overall conspiracy itself gets what they deserve.

silverhead
Silver Supporter

Postby silverhead » Fri Jun 14, 2019

SilverDoge wrote:

Anybody who would be evil enough to do this, but dumb enough not to have a deadman switch revealing his part, and the overall conspiracy itself gets what they deserve.

I'd buy that for a dollar :pop:
ImageImageImage

skylersfriend
Turtle Jester

Postby skylersfriend » Fri Jun 14, 2019

From today's print edition of the Wall Street Journal.

Facebook Inc. FB 2.18% has signed up more than a dozen companies including Visa Inc., Mastercard Inc., MA -0.42% PayPal Holdings Inc. PYPL 0.39% and Uber Technologies Inc. UBER -2.44% to back a new cryptocurrency it plans to unveil next week and launch next year.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/facebooks- ... ding_now_1

"Life is trouble. Only death is not. To be alive is to undo your belt and *look* for trouble."

“To think things out properly and fairly, a fellow's got to be calm and old and toothless: When you're an old gaffer with no teeth, it's easy to say: 'Damn it, boys, you mustn't bite!' But, when you've got all thirty-two teeth...”

- Zorba the Greek, Nikos Kazantzakis

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Sat Jun 15, 2019

‘This Works’: Group Says Drinking Your Own Pee Is Good For You

A small group of people in Colorado are drinking their own urine, insisting the practice has demonstrative health benefits. But the experts remain unconvinced.

The Urine Therapy of Colorado meetup group hosts monthly gatherings at the public library in Boulder for people to explore, learn about and support others drinking urine or using it as a topical treatment.

https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2019/06/13 ... d-for-you/

:shock:

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019

4 U.S. Cities Where You Can Live on Social Security Benefits Alone ($1400/month):

1. Palm Bay, Florida
2. Brownsville, Texas
3. Sun City, Arizona
4. Spokane, Washington

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/4-u-citi ... 00030.html

Return to “Burgers and Beers”