What kind of electric shaver do you use?

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
highroller4321

What kind of electric shaver do you use?

Postby highroller4321 » Thu Jul 12, 2018

What kind of electric shaver does everyone use? I have always used the Bruan brand but thinking about trying something new.

Thoughts and everyone's favorite?

AGhead

Re: What kind of electric shaver do you use?

Postby AGhead » Thu Jul 12, 2018

30+ years ago we gave my grampa a "Norelco" for Christmas. Two years later he gave it to me, never been used. (He forgot We gave it to him first) It had the 3 round heads. It worked great for me and the fuzz I was dealing with ( but I didn't have whiskers yet) I use a Gillette 3 blade manual razor now. My elec 'clippers' are Whal, they suck.
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

SilverStatic
Turtle Supporter

Postby SilverStatic » Thu Jul 12, 2018

My daily shaver for 15 years has been Braun with the alcohol cleaning charging station. I have owned 4 different Brauns in 15 years and the series 9 is the only one I now use and I love it. I have skimped and bought series 5 before and regretted it. Pay the extra and change the cutter every 18 months and buy and use the cleaning solution after every shave.
:wanted:
Rodebaugh 100g bars 2012,2013,2014
Rare and interesting silver trades available, inquire please

highroller4321

Postby highroller4321 » Thu Jul 12, 2018

SilverStatic wrote:My daily shaver for 15 years has been Braun with the alcohol cleaning charging station. I have owned 4 different Brauns in 15 years and the series 9 is the only one I now use and I love it. I have skimped and bought series 5 before and regretted it. Pay the extra and change the cutter every 18 months and buy and use the cleaning solution after every shave.

I have a 7 series now. Is the 9 series worth it?

SilverStatic
Turtle Supporter

Postby SilverStatic » Thu Jul 12, 2018

highroller4321 wrote:
SilverStatic wrote:My daily shaver for 15 years has been Braun with the alcohol cleaning charging station. I have owned 4 different Brauns in 15 years and the series 9 is the only one I now use and I love it. I have skimped and bought series 5 before and regretted it. Pay the extra and change the cutter every 18 months and buy and use the cleaning solution after every shave.

I have a 7 series now. Is the 9 series worth it?

I think so. $250 for the 9 vs $175 for the 7. The $75 is well worth it for me. I just like that it’s a solidly built top of the line shaver.
Rodebaugh 100g bars 2012,2013,2014
Rare and interesting silver trades available, inquire please

Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

Postby Silversaving » Thu Jul 12, 2018

Braun guy as well here
ImageSeeking Rodebaugh Serial #'s 9 & 23.

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Thu Jul 12, 2018

Ya'll are too fancy for me. I got one of these in highschool and I'm still using it a dozen+ years later. Never owned anything else except some cheap disposables while traveling :lol:

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Thu Jul 12, 2018

natsb88 wrote:Image
Ya'll are too fancy for me. I got one of these in highschool and I'm still using it a dozen+ years later. Never owned anything else except some cheap disposables while traveling :lol:

Same thing. I’ve had the exact razor for over a decade. I’ve been given nice electric razors for birthdays or Christmas and really wanted to like them but my skin just can’t adjust to electric, not as smooth of shave and terrible razor bumps.
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

Recluse
Gold Supporter

Postby Recluse » Thu Jul 12, 2018

I ceased supporting the gillette machine years back and bought a Merkur 34C safety razer and a couple hundred blades. I will never have to buy razer blades again in my lifetime.
ImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Thu Jul 12, 2018

I hate shaving! I wish i could grow a beard but i cant.
I have a shaver with 5 blades :shock:
ImageImageImage

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Thu Jul 12, 2018

Recluse wrote:I ceased supporting the gillette machine years back and bought a Merkur 34C safety razer and a couple hundred blades. I will never have to buy razer blades again in my lifetime.

I watch for them to go on sale on Amazon. Looking at my order history, my average price per blade is ~$2 (including one overpriced pack a few years ago) and each blade lasts me about 6 weeks. I can't complain for < $20/year.

crufflerJJ
Gold Supporter

Postby crufflerJJ » Fri Jul 13, 2018

I'm still using my ~15 year-old Philips/Norelco 6618X. It's got the 3 round heads. I think I've replaced the heads once since I've owned the razor. I also took it apart & replaced the dying original batteries with a NiMH battery pack a few years ago.

Not fancy, but it works.

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Fri Jul 13, 2018

I use a 1956 Gillette SS Red handle with Feather and Israel Personna's. Been using this combo for years and it suits me fine. I do have a Norelco triple head thing that I use for convenience. It works so-so. Have been thinking of switching to Braun for my electric shaver needs.
http://www.the-highway.com/ultimate_questions.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/way-of-salvation.html

Phil. 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

grantwoodisgold
Gold Supporter

Postby grantwoodisgold » Fri Jul 13, 2018

Recluse wrote:

I ceased supporting the gillette machine years back and bought a Merkur 34C safety razer and a couple hundred blades. I will never have to buy razer blades again in my lifetime.

famous last words :lol:

https://media.giphy.com/media/TLx23yKniu7FC/giphy.gif

tried 5 ways to embed - all failures
"SAUSAGE FLAVORED MEAT PELLETS, GRADE D BUT EDIBLE"
"Better 1 or 2 years early than 1 day late"

dbm300

Postby dbm300 » Fri Jul 13, 2018

Anyone tried those Harry manual blades? I saw them at walmart yesterday and was tempted. currently use the gilette and buy the blades on line changing them 1 / month
... and Bob's your uncle.

mnymgr1

Postby mnymgr1 » Sat Jul 14, 2018

if you need a small specialty trimmer/shaver, especially if you have a beard or mustache, you gotta get a philips norelco OneBlade. Incredible machine, it's an electric shaver but just for small areas imo. cuts on the edges as well.
Most useful tool for facial hair I've ever owned.
Back in Nov. last year, got down to $16 at Kohls & Amazon, might want to wait for it.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Norelco- ... +one+blade
https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-26660 ... =affiliate

I will try just about any razor myself, electrics are great if in a hurry, no need to mess up the nice clothes.
My longest blade life was amazingly a 3 blade disposable that I diligently dried after every use. Lasted me over 6 months, just insane. Without drying them, they'd last me 2 weeks for every other day use.

and while we're at it....come on guys, cut that damn nose hair ! lol
https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Norelco- ... ir+trimmer
I like this one for the tip length of course, but it's not the best cutting head.
Can use it on the cauliflower ears as well.

Think i have 3 other types of units as well, facial hair and being well groomed is pretty important imo.
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

everything

Postby everything » Mon Jul 16, 2018

I used Norelco, then found Braun, and went through two of them, both work and I still have. I went back to blades, as I believe they are faster and a closer shave, that way I can go two days in between shaves, and just use the cheapest Gillete two blade razors I can find. The big money saver is when I quit paying anyone to ever cut my hair, I cut that every two-three weeks with a Wahl. I would like a cordless Wahl but I'm getting old fashioned fast and like the continuous power and no maintenance. Get Wahl oil and the blades are good to go for good. Once you learn how to do your own, 5 minutes, I've cut other people's hair but I just buzz it down, and make sure their are no stragglers. For nose and ear I use a German stainless battery free unit that costs $15 and will last forever. Don't forget about the tongue scraper, again go stainless. I will never buy a Norelco product again.

HairyHorseKnuckles

Postby HairyHorseKnuckles » Sat Aug 04, 2018

I have several depilatory devices. I have a basic Braun beard trimmer for my beard and downstairs area, a Phillips trimmer for nose, ear, and eyebrows, and a Mangroomer for back and shoulders. I also have a Dollar Shave Club subscription which I use for my neck line and a second blade for nether regions. That's one part they never told me about getting old; we apparently start reverting back to our hirsute primate status.

tigerwoodz

Postby tigerwoodz » Sat Aug 04, 2018

Am I the only one here who cannot find an electric shaver that works on my face? I have bought a couple nice ones, and they seem like they do nothing.

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Sat Aug 04, 2018

HairyHorseKnuckles wrote:I have several depilatory devices. I have a basic Braun beard trimmer for my beard and downstairs area, a Phillips trimmer for nose, ear, and eyebrows, and a Mangroomer for back and shoulders. I also have a Dollar Shave Club subscription which I use for my neck line and a second blade for nether regions. That's one part they never told me about getting old; we apparently start reverting back to our hirsute primate status.

Which one do you use on your knuckles? ;)
ImageImageImage

Return to “Burgers and Beers”