Input Needed for Website Improvements

Announcements and Info
User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14867
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby MaxGravy » Sat Mar 11, 2017

joefro wrote:A member reported the following to me in a pm, this probably explains it.

Joe,

I'm experiencing some weird errors on the BS website. For instance on the Bitcoins - fad or trend thread I can only access the first 30 pages (same thing if I click on Board Index too), and beyond that it gives me a general error...

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'phpbb_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [1194]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.


I also got the "sessions" error this morning and repaired it.
Image Image Image Image
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter
Posts: 5484
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009
Location: Manassas,VA
Contact:

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby fredzoyt » Sat Mar 11, 2017

PeacePeople wrote:Was anybody else getting a socket error last night? SQL or something along those line?


YEP!

User avatar
fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter
Posts: 5484
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009
Location: Manassas,VA
Contact:

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby fredzoyt » Sat Mar 11, 2017

joefro wrote:A member reported the following to me in a pm, this probably explains it.

Joe,

I'm experiencing some weird errors on the BS website. For instance on the Bitcoins - fad or trend thread I can only access the first 30 pages (same thing if I click on Board Index too), and beyond that it gives me a general error...

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'phpbb_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [1194]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.


Yes, that's message I got. But only when I clicked certain things. Unfortunately I don't remember what I clicked. Sometimes when I get an error message I'm not sure if it's a BS site issue or just a bad connection thru my VPN... which does cause problems from time to time.

Dave

silverpv
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1338
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby silverpv » Mon Mar 13, 2017

dun da dun!!! Consider putting the politcal section in members only.. heh.. #justasuggestion

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14867
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Mar 13, 2017

silverpv wrote:dun da dun!!! Consider putting the politcal section in members only.. heh.. #justasuggestion


Done. And long overdue. :thumbup:
Image Image Image Image
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
spincity
Silver Supporter
Posts: 1123
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby spincity » Mon Mar 13, 2017

Sure would be nice to have a "back to top of page" button at the bottom right of each page.
Bikes, Guitars, Beer, Women, Metal, not always in that order.

User avatar
DRP270
Site Admin
Posts: 8807
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby DRP270 » Mon Mar 13, 2017

spincity wrote:Sure would be nice to have a "back to top of page" button at the bottom right of each page.


Clicking that triangle in the grey circle at the bottom right of each post does not do it for you?
ImageImageImage

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14867
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Mar 13, 2017

DRP270 wrote:
spincity wrote:Sure would be nice to have a "back to top of page" button at the bottom right of each page.


Clicking that triangle in the grey circle at the bottom right of each post does not do it for you?


There's also a "View New Posts" button at the bottom center of every page.
Image Image Image Image
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
spincity
Silver Supporter
Posts: 1123
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby spincity » Mon Mar 13, 2017

Once you notice its there it works very good, glad I asked, my bad, thanks for the tip.
Bikes, Guitars, Beer, Women, Metal, not always in that order.

User avatar
xippi
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 1764
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby xippi » Mon Mar 13, 2017

Could we change the "Submit" button? to say something else

when posting in a thread says "Post"
and when sending a PM it says "Send PM"
or something like that

this might help with people thinking they are sending a PM and end up posting in thread by accident, since they both say Submit.

Thanks
ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Rik Bitter
Gold Jester
Posts: 1943
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016
Location: PA

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby Rik Bitter » Mon Mar 13, 2017

I think the "Submit" button was a compromise. People thought "OBEY!" was a bit overbearing.
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***


ImageImage

silverpv
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1338
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby silverpv » Tue Mar 14, 2017

thank you!

User avatar
Silvervein
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 716
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015
Location: SC

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby Silvervein » Wed Mar 15, 2017

Why don't we have the same amount of smilies(emoticons) in PM that we do in the forum?
For example :thumbup:
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold."
- Bob Marley

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14867
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby MaxGravy » Wed Mar 15, 2017

Silvervein wrote:Why don't we have the same amount of smilies(emoticons) in PM that we do in the forum?
For example :thumbup:


:?

There's only one set of smileys. Should be no difference between posting and PMs.
Image Image Image Image
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
tdtwedt
Gold Supporter
Posts: 4219
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014
Location: South Mississippi

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby tdtwedt » Wed Mar 15, 2017

MaxGravy wrote:
Silvervein wrote:Why don't we have the same amount of smilies(emoticons) in PM that we do in the forum?
For example :thumbup:


:?

There's only one set of smileys. Should be no difference between posting and PMs.


There is a glitch in windows. If you change your screen size smaller or bigger then more of the smilies will show up in the PM window.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=26183&p=491582#p491582
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

User avatar
b4/Vj()z
Gold Jester
Posts: 5262
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010
Location: Santa Maria, CA area

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby b4/Vj()z » Wed Mar 15, 2017

his site would be so much better-looking if dae2dae would change that anemic avatar of his.
:thumbdown:
Socialism – ideas so good, they have to be mandatory
Image
Image Image

User avatar
xelint
Shogun Supporter
Posts: 2168
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014
Location: IN

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby xelint » Wed Mar 15, 2017

Would love to see a search feature in the PM's to make it easier to find an old message.

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14867
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby MaxGravy » Wed Mar 15, 2017

xelint wrote:Would love to see a search feature in the PM's to make it easier to find an old message.


+1!
Image Image Image Image
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
dae2dae
Gold Jester
Posts: 8155
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012
Location: Los angeles

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby dae2dae » Wed Mar 15, 2017

b4/Vj()z wrote:his site would be so much better-looking if dae2dae would change that anemic avatar of his.
:thumbdown:

not gonna happen :pop:
“Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself.” Thomas Jefferson
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
b4/Vj()z
Gold Jester
Posts: 5262
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010
Location: Santa Maria, CA area

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby b4/Vj()z » Wed Mar 15, 2017

dae2dae wrote:
b4/Vj()z wrote:his site would be so much better-looking if dae2dae would change that anemic avatar of his.
:thumbdown:

not gonna happen :pop:

We have ways . . . .
Socialism – ideas so good, they have to be mandatory
Image
Image Image


Return to “BS News!”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests