BS History thread

Announcements and Info
xelint
Shogun Supporter

Re: BS History thread

Postby xelint » Wed Jun 10, 2015

Semi off topic ....but why do people stop coming here? Do they stop stacking or do they just loose interest and move on?

Just curious as I am semi new and have really enjoyed the site and know what keeps me coming back and was wondering if anyone has talked with those that have left who were very active as to why they left?
Get refunds on things you already purchased when the price changes :wave:

https://earny.app.link/Gm3jMgbK7P

4Ahau

Postby 4Ahau » Wed Jun 10, 2015

fredzoyt wrote:I came from Kitco. Hooked up with Donnie (iceman) early on when this board first started and had another name. I always forget what it was. Bullion Stacker name came a little after a small handful of us had huddled together. I was like # 14 or 15.

Jeremy, Ziggy, Bruce, Donnie were some early people I remember dealing with.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Always a please dealing with you and many other fine folks on here. I came over from Kitco as well, knew Jeremy there. I was not to early joining though, I think I am # 52 on the list.

Best regards,

Ziggy
13.0.0.0.0 - 4. Ahau - 8. Cumku

ImageImage

mtforpar

Postby mtforpar » Wed Jun 10, 2015

I remember when it all happened at Kitco. I was thinking to myself.....who do I want to be associated with? The guys that left seemed to just have more sense than the idiotic police state Kitco was becoming. Off I went to Yoku and never looked back. Today, the larger community still has that same sensibility that started it all IMHO.
Take advantage of Mr Rebates and get cash back on tons of Internet purchases. It works, it really works!!! Hit the link below and you are on your way and you will also receive a $5 bonus for signing up.

http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=395845

Don't miss out on Free Cash for everyday purchases.

TXBullion

Postby TXBullion » Wed Jun 10, 2015

Rodebaugh wrote:
Blue Angel wrote:When a bunch of people from Realcent started coming over, it got very interesting. A lot of very cool folks.

You can thank Ray for that. He helped me to find this place just about the time the Fran freeagles was coming to an end.

I was number 8 in pioneering .......

Who am I kidding :lol:

I was one of Rays realcent roadies :D :D probably around the same time as doc

PeacePeople

Postby PeacePeople » Wed Jun 10, 2015

TXBullion wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:
Blue Angel wrote:When a bunch of people from Realcent started coming over, it got very interesting. A lot of very cool folks.

You can thank Ray for that. He helped me to find this place just about the time the Fran freeagles was coming to an end.

I believe Nate was the real pioneer, he told Ray and Ray told everyone on RC. He was very reserved in letting it out.
ImageImageImage

TXBullion

Postby TXBullion » Wed Jun 10, 2015

Nate was smart so he could snap up all the deals himself :lol: he probably long ago regrets letting Ray in on the action :lol:

scottcped

Postby scottcped » Wed Jun 10, 2015

TXBullion wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:

I am on page 91!!! WOO HOO! What did I win?! :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage

PeacePeople

TXBullion wrote:Nate was smart so he could snap up all the deals himself :lol: he probably long ago regrets letting Ray in on the action :lol:

I think Ray did a great job in keeping it a secret. He kept if for as long as it took him to type out his post, which for him is some kind of record.
ImageImageImage

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Wed Jun 10, 2015

If I remember correctly, I was snagging deals on fractional silver and gold grams here and sending some of them Ray's way on Realcent. Once he talked me into revealing my source, it was all over :lol:

H2SO4
Gold Jeeper

Postby H2SO4 » Wed Jun 10, 2015

Page 7- not bad! :thumbup:
Always looking for BS Bars- any serial numbers. Buy/Trade

blevdawgAg47

Postby blevdawgAg47 » Wed Jun 10, 2015

Thanks to all the OG's, and newer members too, that have made BS the awesome place that it is today! :clap:
ImageImageImage

lucky43113

Postby lucky43113 » Wed Jun 10, 2015

my join date was Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:16 pm its been fun and a lot of good deals so far.
I think this the the first site i have ever done business on that i haven't had something to complain about
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.---Benjamin Franklin

Image Image Image

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Wed Jun 10, 2015

lucky43113 wrote:I think this the the first site i have ever done business on that i haven't had something to complain about

We will work on that :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage

lucky43113

Postby lucky43113 » Wed Jun 10, 2015

DRP270 wrote:
lucky43113 wrote:I think this the the first site i have ever done business on that i haven't had something to complain about

We will work on that :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.---Benjamin Franklin

Image Image Image

300Braveheart

Postby 300Braveheart » Wed Jun 10, 2015

I'm on page 2, and remember the exodus from Kitco as I started visiting Kitco about the same time BS popped up. At that time (and during the Bing cashback days), I was just a freshman in college, getting into $12 silver with my summer job spending money. I remember working a summer job and putting the entirety of those earnings into a Kilo coin after the summer, and the pride I felt in that. I originally tried to get several good friends involved in silver, but after the bear market set in, I've given up on that whole endeavor. If people are willing to migrate from the fiat currency paradigm, I'll help them with everything I've learned from frequenting this site all these years, but if they're like most people, I won't even try now because they'll just hate me next time silver drops 50 cents... again.

I started out here as a lurker. I'm still mostly a lurker, since I feel my knowledge base is below many of the gurus here with deeper pockets, but when I can, I post a comment or two. This site has been such a diamond in the rough as far as being around and transacting with committed members who aren't easily swayed either way by the daily moves in the market. ("I'm an idiot" had to be the most typed phrase at Kitco, and it got old.)

I've done several face-to-face deals, transacted on behalf of a few friends, been to dinner with a couple members here, and while running across a couple kooks (people, not the coins), for all these years, have never, ever, ever had a deal go bad. And that is flat out incredible. I've only been a part of one group buy (I think), and none of those ever went bad either--and I'm so glad I wasn't apart of that one group buy for the .99999 Anacondas that really appeared to go south.

I'm not as close-knit here as I would be if I had more free time, and as others here are, but it's so refreshing to be in a group where reputations matter and there experience is respected. Thanks, sincerely, for the great forum here, guys.
ImageImage
Get $150 cash back for $500 spend on Chase Freedom Unlimited no-annual-fee credit card. Apply here and let me know if you're approved, thanks!!
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/18/05WHH3FP4R

stumpdust
Gold Supporter

Postby stumpdust » Wed Jun 10, 2015

I found BS thru searching for info on fran. I bought a bunch and he never delivered to me.

PeacePeople

stumpdust wrote:I found BS thru searching for info on fran. I bought a bunch and he never delivered to me.

Damn, I had almost forgotten about the month of drama on here caused by freagles...good times. I wonder how many others looking for info on Fran stuck around, not many would be my guess.
ImageImageImage

standjw

Postby standjw » Sun Jun 14, 2015

I remember Iceman, talking about branching out, :shock: what?!?. 3G's and myself supporting him :? :? :lol: . And a select group pushing the move ;) . Kitco was out of line :evil: :twisted: , the afflicted acted. All involved made a big transition. At first we were a group of guys talking to ourselves :pop: . Then we recruited and grew and it never stopped :clap: . I am thankful. Mr. Yeager saw the promise and seized it. The rest is BS History thread.... 8-)
"The strong do what they will, and the weak suffer what they must."
-Thucydides

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Sun Jun 14, 2015

So my question is who ended up with that monkey coin :lol:
ImageImageImage

standjw

Postby standjw » Sun Jun 14, 2015

DRP270 wrote:So my question is who ended up with that monkey coin :lol:

Damn you. I wish I knew. I miss that coin.....
"The strong do what they will, and the weak suffer what they must."
-Thucydides

Return to “BS News!”