BS App

Announcements and Info
jmac313

BS App

Postby jmac313 » Thu Jul 19, 2018

Just curious if there's ever been discussion on developing a Bullion Stacker app? Is it even feasible? Thanks in advance!
"You gotta ask me nicely"

t458
Turtle Supporter

Re: BS App

Postby t458 » Thu Jul 19, 2018

Not sure what more an app would do. The site works pretty well on the phone. Be good to keep the cost down and involve as few outsider developers as possible.

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Thu Jul 19, 2018

Considering how many online forums (regardless of subject matter) have a BST section, I'm surprised none of these companies that make the software that runs the forums have implemented an ebay style auction function or plug in. It would be a cool way to support a site using commissions from the sales.
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #17 & 18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***

ImageImage

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Thu Jul 19, 2018

Rik Bitter wrote:Considering how many online forums (regardless of subject matter) have a BST section, I'm surprised none of these companies that make the software that runs the forums have implemented an ebay style auction function or plug in. It would be a cool way to support a site using commissions from the sales.

We used to have an auction function but we dropped it because everyone liked the banter that occurs with KSA auctions.
ImageImageImage

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Thu Jul 19, 2018

DRP270 wrote:
Rik Bitter wrote:Considering how many online forums (regardless of subject matter) have a BST section, I'm surprised none of these companies that make the software that runs the forums have implemented an ebay style auction function or plug in. It would be a cool way to support a site using commissions from the sales.

We used to have an auction function but we dropped it because everyone liked the banter that occurs with KSA auctions.

I'm a fan of banter with a little smack talk and ball busting thrown in. Long live the KSAs.
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #17 & 18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***

ImageImage

spacemanx

Postby spacemanx » Sat Aug 25, 2018

relative to an app. it would be nice to have an app available for the android and apple.

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Sat Aug 25, 2018

I with you Rik, the banter with rolling auctions is even better when they occur.

IDK, a BS app might force me to buy a phone that does other than work like a phone and text. NAAA, I never want to be one of those zombies that have their faces plugged in to their phones all the time. Looking forward to the day I detach my self from the stupid phone I have now.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent," Credited to Goebbles.

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Sat Aug 25, 2018

Face plugging can be fun, in certain situations.....

MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

Postby MasterBlaster » Sat Aug 25, 2018

Blue Angel wrote:Face plugging can be fun, in certain situations.....

Does "face plugging" = "motor boating?" :thumbup:
Image ImageImage

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Sat Aug 25, 2018

Ya all got minds in the gutter. So if you would, please move over so mine can float by.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent," Credited to Goebbles.

lucky43113

Postby lucky43113 » Mon Aug 27, 2018

i like the app idea if for nothing more than push notifications to let me know if i have a pm or someone lists something for sale etc..
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.---Benjamin Franklin

Image Image Image

Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Mon Aug 27, 2018

lucky43113 wrote:i like the app idea if for nothing more than push notifications to let me know if i have a pm or someone lists something for sale etc..

If you subscribe to any thread, BS sends you an email letting you know when a new comment was added, or if an item was listed in the b/s/t, same as a pm. Seems to work great for me :thumbup:
Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

lucky43113

Postby lucky43113 » Mon Aug 27, 2018

Super Stacker PCB wrote:
lucky43113 wrote:i like the app idea if for nothing more than push notifications to let me know if i have a pm or someone lists something for sale etc..

If you subscribe to any thread, BS sends you an email letting you know when a new comment was added, or if an item was listed in the b/s/t, same as a pm. Seems to work great for me :thumbup:

right then i have to keep checking my email all day i like push notifications
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.---Benjamin Franklin

Image Image Image

Return to “BS News!”