Input Needed for Website Improvements

Announcements and Info
t458

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby t458 » Wed Mar 15, 2017

bigjohn wrote:
t458 wrote:One improvement I wish for is that the "View New Post" link does not include threads from the monthly kitchen sink auctions. There are just too many of them for me.

Personally, as I participate in buying and selling in the KSA's, I actually like seeing when there are new bids and always open the auctions after seeing that there is a new post.

May be "View New Posts" could become configurable, to include or exclude certain forums.

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Wed Mar 15, 2017

t458 wrote:
bigjohn wrote:
t458 wrote:One improvement I wish for is that the "View New Post" link does not include threads from the monthly kitchen sink auctions. There are just too many of them for me.

Personally, as I participate in buying and selling in the KSA's, I actually like seeing when there are new bids and always open the auctions after seeing that there is a new post.

May be "View New Posts" could become configurable, to include or exclude certain forums.

Now that would be great! If there was a way to exclude political discussions from popping up in view new posts I'd be happy :-)
LOOKING FOR YPS #12 BARS TO COMPLETE A COLLECTION!!! PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY - I HAVE YOUR REPLACEMENT READY OR CAN BUY OUT RIGHT.

ImageImage Image

t458

t458 wrote:
bigjohn wrote:

BTW, there's a big button in the left panel that if you click seems to show you just the kitchen sink auctions. Even show you the suitable subject lines so that you see each thread is what item being auctioned.

t458

Just to make sure I'm not misunderstood. Even with no more improvements, this website is already better than 99.9% of websites on the whole WWW!

jfkwashere

Postby jfkwashere » Thu Mar 16, 2017

xippi wrote:Could we change the "Submit" button? to say something else

when posting in a thread says "Post"
and when sending a PM it says "Send PM"
or something like that

this might help with people thinking they are sending a PM and end up posting in thread by accident, since they both say Submit.

Thanks

LoL. Been there. :oops:

I think I will only make this mistake once.

Thanks for the help fixing it.

Silverwildcat
Silver Supporter

Postby Silverwildcat » Thu Apr 20, 2017

Wish we could have a B/S/T for junk silver so if your looking for 999 you dont have to go through all the 90% and vice versa.
Just a thought
Image ImageImage

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Fri Apr 28, 2017

Feature request: The ability to search Private Messages, as we are able to do with Forums.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Fri Apr 28, 2017

Long John wrote:Feature request: The ability to search Private Messages, as we are able to do with Forums.

+1

This is something I've dreamed about for a long time. I have more than 10,000 saved messages and they only go back about 2 years.

As far as I know, there is no off-the-shelf solution, so a custom search would need to be built. I believe there's a way to integrate Google into the site but they would want database access, and that's not going to happen. Privacy and data integrity are our top priorities.

If we can find a reasonable solution for PM search, it will be the next thing we spend money on.
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Fri Apr 28, 2017

MaxGravy wrote: Privacy and data integrity are our top priorities.

:thumbup:
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

cmiller17363

Postby cmiller17363 » Tue Jul 18, 2017

Just saying, as a new member reading through this, I can appreciate all of the suggestions made and then seeing it all here on the site. Tickers, new posts link, simplification of information/navigation. It is cool to see how this site developed. It is also cool to see a group take suggestions and actually implement them. It shows the commitment and passion for this hobby/addiction. I don't have any suggestions that are worthwhile, but I can say that I, for one, appreciate the effort put into this forum. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else." -Adrian Rogers

Return to “BS News!”