Wheelers For The Wounded New Logo!

Jerry Sargent

Wheelers For The Wounded New Logo!

Postby Jerry Sargent » Fri Apr 06, 2018

Wheelers For The Wounded - Texas, along with the national WFTW organization, is proud to be able to finally reveal our new logo just in time for our 10th anniversary! You will see this logo used in numerous configurations in order to represent our organization in various settings. We are sharing this new logo with the national organization and other state organizations in order to continue to our unity in the mission we have all undertaken to provide wholesome activities for our veterans and their families to encourage self-esteem, boost morale and help them expand pride in themselves while increasing awareness of the struggles they contend with on a daily basis. While the old logo has been near and dear to our heart for the past 9 years there are important reasons why we are moving forward with a new logo.

• Most important are copyright issues. The Department of Defense owns the rights to the image and is very selective in allowing official use of the image. The Military Order of the Purple Heart, which is an organization that has been allowed to use the image is also very selective in its use of the image. Even the USO is abandoning the use of the PH and their relationship with the military is much longer and closer than ours. https://www.militarytimes.com/2015/08/20/uso-to-stop-using-purple-heart-image/

• The second reason for getting away from using the image of the Purple Heart Medal is that its use is restricted to recipients of the medal. Those of us wearing a shirt or hat (more specifically the embroidered versions) have at times been mistaken as a recipient. We believe that this is a misrepresentation of who/what we are and could be construed as stolen valor.

• Third, we have spoken with wounded veterans at numerous times who felt this program was not for them as they were not Purple Heart recipients. We feel it is important for us to remember that not all injuries are physical and not all physical injuries resulted in the award of a Purple Heart Medal.

We are very excited that this new logo will be able to carry us forward for another 10 plus years as we honor and celebrate our nation’s wounded warriors and their contributions to this great nation.

Jerry Sargent
President WFTW-Texas

DRP270
Site Admin

Re: Wheelers For The Wounded New Logo!

Postby DRP270 » Fri Apr 06, 2018

I agree with this move and have wondered about some of these same issues when wearing the WFTW PH emblem. I will happily acquire new spirit wear while retaining the previous in my burgeoning collection. :lol:

When do the new hats/totes, etc. come out?
ImageImageImage

Jerry Sargent

Postby Jerry Sargent » Fri Apr 06, 2018

The new shirts, hats and other paraphernalia will be out at the Main Event. We are in the process of ordering them now.

DRP270 wrote:I agree with this move and have wondered about some of these same issues when wearing the WFTW PH emblem. I will happily acquire new spirit wear while retaining the previous in my burgeoning collection. :lol:

Jerry Sargent
President WFTW-Texas

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Fri Apr 06, 2018

Jerry Sargent wrote:The new shirts, hats and other paraphernalia will be out at the Main Event. We are in the process of ordering them now.

DRP270 wrote:I agree with this move and have wondered about some of these same issues when wearing the WFTW PH emblem. I will happily acquire new spirit wear while retaining the previous in my burgeoning collection. :lol:

Looks like you should plan to come out again David.

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Fri Apr 06, 2018

Blue Angel wrote:
Jerry Sargent wrote:The new shirts, hats and other paraphernalia will be out at the Main Event. We are in the process of ordering them now.

Looks like you should plan to come out again David.

I will if I can. Last year I could not because it was the weekend my son came home from college. He might come earlier and if so then I would like to drag him out there with me :thumbup: . And then mama is talking an early vacation so we will have to see how it all works out.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Wheelers For The Wounded”