2018 WFTW - Texas Main Event!

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Re: 2018 WFTW - Texas Main Event!

Postby Rik Bitter » Sat May 05, 2018

Ha! "Hippies Use Backdoor"

I love gun ranges, it's like stepping back in time.
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***

ImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Sat May 05, 2018

Double tap! Is Brenda left handed? She is a darn good shot!
ImageImageImage

Splunky
BS Supporter

Postby Splunky » Sat May 05, 2018

I'm right handed. I shoot pool left handed and I seem to be able to shoot better left handed them right. It was a blast on the shooting range.
ImageImage

“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Sat May 05, 2018

Splunky wrote:I'm right handed. I shoot pool left handed and I seem to be able to shoot better left handed them right. It was a blast on the shooting range.

Wow, thats interesting! And target shooting can be addicting :thumbup:
ImageImageImage

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sat May 05, 2018

It was an excellent day, beautiful weather and the event went really smooth with Jerry in charge, and everyone else who helped make this special day happen. Got to meet Yellek and his brother. It was a real pleasure. He was all smiles when he came back from the trails. :thumbup: And Yellek came up with a really great idea for a fundraiser. We need to get a bit more info but we'll have details soon. We're going to make this happen. We've also got pics and vids and sound clips but I'm not posting anymore tonight. It's late and we're beat.

As always, A HUGE TEXAS THANK YOU to the BS members who donated to the silver project! We handed out 177 of the bars. Five are going into an auction at a future event and I'm not sure what to do with the remaining 18. We can discuss it in the project thread.

:wftw:
Image Image Image
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

Yellek
Turtle Supporter

Postby Yellek » Sat May 05, 2018

Had a great time at the event today. It was nice being able to put faces to names.
m r purty. I like 'em gold 'uns.

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Mon May 07, 2018

This was taken on Friday evening after we got the pavillion all set up. The US Coast Guard always has a big group show up each year and they make the set up and tear down happen.

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

The new WFTW logo. We had to stop using the Purple Heart in the logo for many reasons. This new logo is going to be used by all the WFTW chapters in the US.

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

This is the LJ we built and sold chances on last year. The owner is a super nice guy and he brought it out for everyone to admire. Bullionstacker members may recall that we raised a lot of funds towards this build. Specifically the beautiful roll cage in this rig.

This buggy belongs to a great friend that has always been a WFTW supporter. He is a Viet Nam veteran and a hard core wheeler.

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Every year this guy shows up with several of these tracked wheel chairs for our wounded guests to use. They are called Action Track Chairs. They come in many variations and even have one that will lift a paralyzed occupant into the standing position.

They even make one that is only 29.5" wide so it goes through normal size doorways.

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

The local Home Depot shows up each year to set up an area for the kids to build things. Bird houses, planters, things like that. this year it was Humvees and helicopters out of wood. Absolutely great folks.

Gates opened at 7am and wheelers were lined up out onto the road.

Starting the line up. These are the trail guides. All the yellow shirts are active duty Army out of Fort Hood, Texas. The Military Jeepers Club does this every year and they are pros.

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

This is probably only 1/3 of the wheelers here lined up.

WFTW stuff....

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Very cool thing right here.

This is Michael and the church group catering the event had brought him along to help out. I introduced myself and we talked for a while. He teared up several times just overwhelmed by all the folks there helping veterans. Michael is retired from the US ARMY and lives in San Antonio. I asked him of he wanted to go riding in one of the Jeeps. That is why he has this huge smile. We strapped him in the front seat of a good friends rig and he had an absolute blast.

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

This is the drivers meeting.....

Beautiful service dog.

Dinner time after coming back from the trails. A whole lot of smiling faces.

He doesn't want to be called President so, he is the leader of WFTW-Tx. Gerald Sargent on the left receiving his Bullionstacker silver bar from a great member, Yellek.

Yellek, MaxGravy, and Blue Angel.....this was just after we handed out the silver bars.

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Mon May 07, 2018

Awesome event! I really hope to attend one of them in the future. I will try to plan a trip either next year or the year after, maybe bring one of my kids
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

bigjohn wrote:Awesome event! I really hope to attend one of them in the future. I will try to plan a trip either next year or the year after, maybe bring one of my kids

We would love to have you. Believe me, the WFTW folks know how supportive Bullionstacker members have been. You are guaranteed to have a great time.

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

I didn't go out on the trails so I didn't get any trail pictures but, I will grab some I see wnd post them up.

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Mon May 07, 2018

Blue Angel wrote:
bigjohn wrote:Awesome event! I really hope to attend one of them in the future. I will try to plan a trip either next year or the year after, maybe bring one of my kids

We would love to have you. Believe me, the WFTW folks know how supportive Bullionstacker members have been. You are guaranteed to have a great time.

I don’t doubt it for a second, just need to plan it financially and take some time off. A bit a hike from Washington state but certainly on my bucket list, I will make it happen sooner or later
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

cmiller17363

Postby cmiller17363 » Mon May 07, 2018

I gotta go to this event next year.
ImageImageImage

Yellek
Turtle Supporter

Postby Yellek » Mon May 07, 2018

Blue Angel wrote:

I can attest to that. I went this year. Had someone that didn't even know me hand me the keys to their Jeep and said, "Have Fun". And I did have the most fun I've had in a long time.

Probably the most memorable moment was getting to look those soldiers in the eye and saying thank you as I was handing them a piece of silver that the guys from this board provided.

Jerry Sargent and his gang at WFTW know how to put on an event.
m r purty. I like 'em gold 'uns.

Return to “Wheelers For The Wounded”