Page 2 of 3

Re: WFTW Silver for the Soldiers

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014
by xippi
Put me down for 1 oz of shot to SA.

Re: WFTW Silver for the Soldiers

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014
by scott
I would like to donate one ounce.

Re: WFTW Silver for the Soldiers

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014
by satosan
I would like to donate 2oz. from the SA silver ETF.

Re: WFTW Silver for the Soldiers

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014
by Storm Drifter
Hey SA, put me down for an ounce from the Storm Drifter






SD

Re: WFTW Silver for the Soldiers

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014
by Storm Drifter
By the way, how many wounded soldiers show up at this event?

Thanks
SD

Re: WFTW Silver for the Soldiers

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014
by MaxGravy
Storm Drifter wrote:By the way, how many wounded soldiers show up at this event?

Thanks
SD


I think it can vary from 50 to several hundred soldiers, plus their families. The Wheelers send buses out to the various forts to pick up wounded soldiers and their families. If I'm not mistaken, last year there was one fort that denied their people leave. Hard to say how many will actually be there throughout the event.

Re: WFTW Silver for the Soldiers

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014
by flyingboujanero
It would be an honor to donate 2 ounces. SA let me know how I can send you funds for the shot you already have!

Re: WFTW Silver for the Soldiers

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014
by Storm Drifter
Hey SA, You can bump my donation up to 2 ounces please. I have just put payment in a envelope to you coming via, T.T.A. AKA Tied To A Turtles A$$ AKA U.S.P.S. Ya'all have a great time at the event, wish I could join in the festivities but the timing is not right with having 2 kids maybe next years or so. East Texas "Longview Area" was my home base while I was overseas.




SD

Re: WFTW Silver for the Soldiers

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014
by Silver Addict
Storm Drifter wrote:Hey SA, You can bump my donation up to 2 ounces please. I have just put payment in a envelope to you coming via, T.T.A. AKA Tied To A Turtles A$$ AKA U.S.P.S. Ya'all have a great time at the event, wish I could join in the festivities but the timing is not right with having 2 kids maybe next years or so. East Texas "Longview Area" was my home base while I was overseas.




SD



Thanks Steve-o!

Re: WFTW Silver for the Soldiers

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014
by Silver Addict
Another Bump. Currently at 41oz.

THANK YOU to all that have donated so far!

Silver Addict wrote:Bump

We are only at 24oz so far. Tell you what, i'll even accept 1/2oz donations.

I will be making these bars for sale this summer. The price will have a WFTW donation added into the price (prob $5), those that donate silver will have it waived if they buy bars.

It would be nice to have a bar for each wounded soldier again this year, like last.

A huge THANK YOU to those that have donated so far!

Silver Addict wrote:Hey guys, we want to give the soldiers silver bars again this year. We have a really cool new stamp! We are looking for silver donations once again to make the bars to be raffled off. Hopefully we'll get enough donations that each soldier will receive a bar like last year.

Anyone that would like to just buy silver shot from me instead of sending silver, is more than welcome. Unfortunately i bought on Monday before the drop and paid $20.43 an ounce for the shot. But, it is still cheaper than paying postage to send an ounce or two.

We will be making both 1oz and 2oz bars for the event if we get enough donations.

Image
Image


Please post below or send a pm to me or MaxGravy if you'd like to donate.

Much thanks,
David

Re: WFTW Silver for the Soldiers

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014
by fredzoyt
David,

I'm sorry, I never saw this thread till just now. :oops:
I'll send you two (2) oz's. Can I send them out Thurs? Is that too late? Won't have access to them till then.

Blessings,
Dave

Re: WFTW Silver for the Soldiers

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2014
by Silver Addict
Another Bump. Currently at 48oz.

THANK YOU to all that have donated so far!

Silver Addict wrote:Bump

We are only at 24oz so far. Tell you what, i'll even accept 1/2oz donations.

I will be making these bars for sale this summer. The price will have a WFTW donation added into the price (prob $5), those that donate silver will have it waived if they buy bars.

It would be nice to have a bar for each wounded soldier again this year, like last.

A huge THANK YOU to those that have donated so far!

Silver Addict wrote:Hey guys, we want to give the soldiers silver bars again this year. We have a really cool new stamp! We are looking for silver donations once again to make the bars to be raffled off. Hopefully we'll get enough donations that each soldier will receive a bar like last year.

Anyone that would like to just buy silver shot from me instead of sending silver, is more than welcome. Unfortunately i bought on Monday before the drop and paid $20.43 an ounce for the shot. But, it is still cheaper than paying postage to send an ounce or two.

We will be making both 1oz and 2oz bars for the event if we get enough donations.

Image
Image


Please post below or send a pm to me or MaxGravy if you'd like to donate.

Much thanks,
David

Re: WFTW Silver for the Soldiers

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014
by Silver Addict
Cutting this off at midnight tonight. Would really be cool to hit 50oz! We are at 50oz! More donations are certainly welcome.



Silver Addict wrote:Another Bump. Currently at 48oz.

THANK YOU to all that have donated so far!

Silver Addict wrote:Bump

We are only at 24oz so far. Tell you what, i'll even accept 1/2oz donations.

I will be making these bars for sale this summer. The price will have a WFTW donation added into the price (prob $5), those that donate silver will have it waived if they buy bars.

It would be nice to have a bar for each wounded soldier again this year, like last.

A huge THANK YOU to those that have donated so far!

Silver Addict wrote:Hey guys, we want to give the soldiers silver bars again this year. We have a really cool new stamp! We are looking for silver donations once again to make the bars to be raffled off. Hopefully we'll get enough donations that each soldier will receive a bar like last year.

Anyone that would like to just buy silver shot from me instead of sending silver, is more than welcome. Unfortunately i bought on Monday before the drop and paid $20.43 an ounce for the shot. But, it is still cheaper than paying postage to send an ounce or two.

We will be making both 1oz and 2oz bars for the event if we get enough donations.

Image
Image


Please post below or send a pm to me or MaxGravy if you'd like to donate.

Much thanks,
David

Re: WFTW Silver for the Soldiers

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015
by SilverGOP
Pardon if this is necro-posting... but will a similar event be taking place THIS april (2015)? and if so, when should I send my silver donation?

Yes, "when", not if, per the signature. For my many faults, I will NOT be found a mere talker, but a by-heaven DOER. And when it has to do with others who have worn the uniform and sworn the Oath, most DEFINITELY doing, lest my father and great-uncles come on up out of the grave and come after me. (Father had to sit and watch as the Berlin Wall was being built... thru the periscope of his tank. My great-uncles were at Normandy, one as a turret firecontroller on a destroyer bringing 11" naval fire down on the Atlantic Wall, the other driving Higgins boats onto Utah Beach.)

Re: WFTW Silver for the Soldiers

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015
by Bridger T
I would like to donate to this again this year as well :thumbup:

Re: WFTW Silver for the Soldiers

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015
by Baggerman
Me too, just let us know when and where to send it.

Re: WFTW Silver for the Soldiers

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015
by MaxGravy
The main event is focused on the soldiers and their families. It's not a fundraiser. In 2013 we raised silver donations and made bars to give directly to the soldiers. Last year we made stars and auctioned them off before the event with the money going to the WFTW.

What would ya'll prefer? Make bars and raffle them off to the soldiers? Or make bars and sell them for donations? Or something different?

Re: WFTW Silver for the Soldiers

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015
by Silver Addict
We gave away bars last year as well.

Re: WFTW Silver for the Soldiers

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015
by MaxGravy
Silver Addict wrote:We gave away bars last year as well.


You are correct. The square ones. I forgot. We could do those again.

Re: WFTW Silver for the Soldiers

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015
by SilverGOP
I'm up for the squares. Lemme know where and when to send the silver to. ( Four of my marlins, if any one is curious: one from me, one on behalf of my father, and one on behalf of each of my great-uncles.)

Might also drop my favorite LSU president's boss in with the silver.

TTT&WTW, SSGOP