Memorial Day WFTW Star Bar Project #2

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14088
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Memorial Day WFTW Star Bar Project #2

Postby MaxGravy » Sat May 25, 2013

WFTW STAR Project #2!

UPDATE: We have 15 ounces for 3 stars! :thumbup:

Looking for 15 more members to participate in a fun project for the WFTW! This is the 2nd time around. We previously did this here.

Please post affirmative in this thread if you agree to the following:

1) Donate 1 oz pure 999 silver to make two three 5oz Star Bars. You should send the oz of silver to SA, or make other arrangements with Silver Addict or me.
(For this project, I will sell 1oz from my YPS stock for $23)

2) Make a mark on the bars when you receive them. (More on this below)

3) Send the bars to the next member on the list asap.

That's it! The bars will end up with me last. I will take plenty of photos and put them up for auction in the KSAs. All proceeds from the sales go to the Wheelers For The Wounded.

1: Silver Addict - donated 1oz
2: MaxGravy - donated 1oz
3: Blue Angel - donated 1oz
4: PeacePeople - donated 1oz
5: OmahaHL - donated 1oz
6: skylersfriend - donated 1oz
7: DRP270 - donated 1oz
8: stouttrout - donated 1oz
9: stouttrout - donated 1oz
10: RyanEOD - donated 1oz
11: tonycrouch1183 - donated 1oz
12: tonycrouch1183 - donated 1oz
13: tonycrouch1183 - donated 1oz
14: tonycrouch1183 - donated 1oz
15: tonycrouch1183 - donated 1oz

Details:

-This time there will be TWO THREE 5oz star-shaped silver ingots. One using the previous "mangled-back" mold, another using a brand new sharp and clean star mold and the third to be determined.

-Each member will have one side of each point to mark the bar.

-You can stamp it, engrave it, paint it, draw on it, whatever you want. Make your mark! Or you can nicely ask SA to stamp it for you. Please keep it simple. You may take advantage of our growing collection of stamps or use your own. Metal stamps on ebay start under $10 dlvd, with many to choose from.

BUT:

-You may NOT remove any silver from the bar!
(This is for charity, folks)

-You may only mark ONE side of ONE point of the star

-Choose any open side when you receive the bar. See the images below for examples.

-You must make your mark and ship the bar within 7 days. A week is long enough. It should only take a few days.

Silverslanger will again be handling the logistics and keeping track of the bars. Please send all questions and concerns to him. This was his idea, and it turned out to be a great idea! I met the owner of the first bar (stouttrout) and he is very thrilled to have it.

And big thanks to SA for agreeing to pour these bars, polish and stamp them. I don't think most realize how much time and equipment it takes to make these bars a reality. :thumbup:

The front and back of these bars will be stamped different this time, with the final design yet to be determined. Input welcome.

Thank you for supporting the Wheelers For The Wounded :thumbup:

Pics of first Star Bar:
Image
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
DRP270
Site Admin
Posts: 8577
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009

Re: Memorial Day WFTW Star Bar Project #2

Postby DRP270 » Sat May 25, 2013

Affirmative??? I have a crappy ASE for WFTW.

Or I can send $23 to the duck.
ImageImageImage

OmahaHL
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011

Re: Memorial Day WFTW Star Bar Project #2

Postby OmahaHL » Sat May 25, 2013

$23 to the duck for me. Pm me pp

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14088
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Memorial Day WFTW Star Bar Project #2

Postby MaxGravy » Sat May 25, 2013

DRP270 wrote:Affirmative???


Affirmatively? :?
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
DRP270
Site Admin
Posts: 8577
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009

Re: Memorial Day WFTW Star Bar Project #2

Postby DRP270 » Sat May 25, 2013

MaxGravy wrote:Please post affirmative in this thread if you agree to the following:


Just trying to follow the directions.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
RyanEOD
Platinum Site Tech
Posts: 4080
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012
Location: Tega Cay, SC
Contact:

Re: Memorial Day WFTW Star Bar Project #2

Postby RyanEOD » Sun May 26, 2013

I'm in.

User avatar
Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter
Posts: 2985
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009
Location: Texas

Re: Memorial Day WFTW Star Bar Project #2

Postby Blue Angel » Sun May 26, 2013

Affirmative. A chunk of shiny will be in the mail to SA on Tuesday.

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14088
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Memorial Day WFTW Star Bar Project #2

Postby MaxGravy » Sun May 26, 2013

We have 10 ounces! I'll leave this open through tomorrow. If we get 5 more then we'll do 3 stars. Thanks everyone! :thumbup:
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
Silver Addict
Dunce
Posts: 17002
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009
Contact:

Re: Memorial Day WFTW Star Bar Project #2

Postby Silver Addict » Sun May 26, 2013

lets get 3 stars! That will give me a better chance to win one.

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14088
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Memorial Day WFTW Star Bar Project #2

Postby MaxGravy » Mon May 27, 2013

Bumpity bump :angel:
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
tonycrouch1183
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013

Re: Memorial Day WFTW Star Bar Project #2

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Mon May 27, 2013

MaxGravy wrote:Bumpity bump :angel:


Put me down for the last 5 ounces. A small price to pay for the sacrifice these men and women have made for us.

I will PPG you the money if you will use your stock please.

God bless the USA and the soldiers who defend our freedom!
http://www.silverartcollector.com - Research your silver art and maintain your collection online! FREE!

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14088
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Memorial Day WFTW Star Bar Project #2

Postby MaxGravy » Mon May 27, 2013

We're doing THREE stars! Thanks everyone for your donations. :clap: :clap: :clap:

We have some very generous members here. :thumbup:
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

Stouttrout
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012

Re: Memorial Day WFTW Star Bar Project #2

Postby Stouttrout » Tue May 28, 2013

VERY COOL!!!! I bought a stamp last night just for this project.

User avatar
Silver Addict
Dunce
Posts: 17002
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009
Contact:

Re: Memorial Day WFTW Star Bar Project #2

Postby Silver Addict » Thu Jun 06, 2013

These are made. Anyone that wants me to stamp something for you, let me know. I will getting these packaged up and ready to ship out to the next person by Monday.

Image

User avatar
DRP270
Site Admin
Posts: 8577
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009

Re: Memorial Day WFTW Star Bar Project #2

Postby DRP270 » Thu Jun 06, 2013

Unless I do not understand something, there are a total of 30 sides and 15 1 oz donors (some duplicates) If we each do one side for each oz donated what happens with the other 15 sides?
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Silver Addict
Dunce
Posts: 17002
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009
Contact:

Re: Memorial Day WFTW Star Bar Project #2

Postby Silver Addict » Thu Jun 06, 2013

They got lost in the shuffle :|

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14088
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Memorial Day WFTW Star Bar Project #2

Postby MaxGravy » Thu Jun 06, 2013

DRP270 wrote:Unless I do not understand something, there are a total of 30 sides and 15 1 oz donors (some duplicates) If we each do one side for each oz donated what happens with the other 15 sides?


Every ounce donated gets to stamp one side of each point of each star. The three stars will be sent around together. At least that's the way I understand it.
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
Silver Addict
Dunce
Posts: 17002
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009
Contact:

Re: Memorial Day WFTW Star Bar Project #2

Postby Silver Addict » Fri Jun 07, 2013

MaxGravy wrote:
DRP270 wrote:Unless I do not understand something, there are a total of 30 sides and 15 1 oz donors (some duplicates) If we each do one side for each oz donated what happens with the other 15 sides?


Every ounce donated gets to stamp one side of each point of each star. The three stars will be sent around together. At least that's the way I understand it.


That isn't gonna work. Each person could stamp 1 side of 2 stars for each ounce donated.

User avatar
DRP270
Site Admin
Posts: 8577
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009

Re: Memorial Day WFTW Star Bar Project #2

Postby DRP270 » Fri Jun 07, 2013

Silver Addict wrote:
MaxGravy wrote:
DRP270 wrote:Unless I do not understand something, there are a total of 30 sides and 15 1 oz donors (some duplicates) If we each do one side for each oz donated what happens with the other 15 sides?


Every ounce donated gets to stamp one side of each point of each star. The three stars will be sent around together. At least that's the way I understand it.


That isn't gonna work. Each person could stamp 1 side of 2 stars for each ounce donated.


Tonycrouch then would get 5 sides over three stars. Maybe two sides on two stars and one on the third?
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Silver Addict
Dunce
Posts: 17002
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009
Contact:

Re: Memorial Day WFTW Star Bar Project #2

Postby Silver Addict » Fri Jun 07, 2013

DRP270 wrote:
Silver Addict wrote:
MaxGravy wrote:
DRP270 wrote:Unless I do not understand something, there are a total of 30 sides and 15 1 oz donors (some duplicates) If we each do one side for each oz donated what happens with the other 15 sides?


Every ounce donated gets to stamp one side of each point of each star. The three stars will be sent around together. At least that's the way I understand it.


That isn't gonna work. Each person could stamp 1 side of 2 stars for each ounce donated.


Tonycrouch then would get 5 sides over three stars. Maybe two sides on two stars and one on the third?


there are 30 sides total, so each person could have 2 sides per 1oz donation. I think we should just stick to one side per 1oz donation. That would mean each star having 5 sides stamped instead of all 10.


Return to “Wheelers For The Wounded”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest