That's pretty awesome.
Hats off to you guys.

RyanEOD
Platinum Site Tech

Re: What is WFTW?

Postby RyanEOD » Mon May 09, 2016

Yellek wrote:That's pretty awesome.
Hats off to you guys.

Actually hats off to EVERYONE here. I was just the face of BS (couldn't you guys have picked a better one?) but the real people that deserve the credit are all the members we have here. The entire WFTW crew was very thankful to all of Bullion Stackers for the support!

From all the auctions to the donations to those that help spend their time at the events, it takes a lot of support to keep something like this going, and everyone there was very thankful to all of our members for helping to make it possible! So, I personally want to say thank you to everyone here too!! Keep up the great work!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Mon May 09, 2016

Great work!!! Awesome pictures, thank you for posting!!!
LOOKING FOR YPS #12 BARS TO COMPLETE A COLLECTION!!! PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY - I HAVE YOUR REPLACEMENT READY OR CAN BUY OUT RIGHT.

ImageImage Image

Baggerman
Gold Supporter

Postby Baggerman » Mon May 09, 2016

I hope to be able to show up next May. :thumbup:
I carry a gun because I am to young to die and to old to take an azz whooping.
Get 1% rebate on Ebay bullion http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=439461

silverhoarder3
Gold Supporter

Postby silverhoarder3 » Mon May 09, 2016

Congrats to all! Looked to be an awesome time, hope to join ya'll someday :clap:
ImageImageImage

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Mon May 09, 2016

Baggerman wrote:I hope to be able to show up next May. :thumbup:

Would love to have you guys show up.

H2SO4
Gold Jeeper

Postby H2SO4 » Sat Dec 10, 2016

I thought this thread could use a bump. also- can a Mod fix the donate link? I need to send some $$ their way. thanks !
Always looking for BS Bars- any serial numbers. Buy/Trade

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sat Dec 10, 2016

H2SO4 wrote:I thought this thread could use a bump. also- can a Mod fix the donate link? I need to send some $$ their way. thanks !

They're working on the site. I just sent Dan a message asking for the paypal email address. I'll send you a PM when he responds.
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Sat Dec 10, 2016

The Paypal link is......

Donations@wftw-sa.org

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Sun Dec 11, 2016

Thanks to H2SO4 for the thread bump.....

Some of you newer members may not be totally aware of what Wheelers for the Wounded (WFTW) is all about. I encourage you to go back and read this thread to see what this involves. Bullionstacker members have been HUGE supporters for several years now.

There are some huge things happening for 2017. I encourage everyone to try to make plans to come to Texas and the beautiful hill country to attend this life changing experience. There are tons of things to do in the area and plenty of hotels/motels, bed and breakfast places, camping, RV sites, etc. San Antonio and Austin are only a short drive away and have International airports. The Texas hill country and Marble Falls is beautiful with plenty of activities for the whole family. Plan a vacation now and come help us recognize our wounded and their families. It is the very best thing I have ever been involved in ever.....

If you have questions or comments, send me a PM or an email any time. jim.mcdonnel@yahoo.com Silver Addict, Randy (MaxGravy, Splunky, RyanEOD, DRP270, Stouttrout have all been to the events, including Purple Santa, and will be able to answer questions as well.

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Thu Dec 22, 2016

Pictures from a past event.....

The buses unloading.....

Greeting our wounded.

Opening ceremonies.

Action Trac Chair....

Beautiful Texas hill country.

wolvesdad

Postby wolvesdad » Tue Jan 17, 2017

$2200 for the BS Auction is amazing!

I was sad a little because I missed the auction closes and two items I wanted,
But this nice number makes me smile knowing the good it can do!!
Great job Bullion Stackers!!!
If you like YouTube: e=m3 Making Metal Mine for my take on Silver and coin investing, plus a little humor and random numi stuff
;) https://youtu.be/4qtWLWogfGU :thumbup:

Graded 2017 Gold &Silver Pandas AND MORE available. Please inquire inside.

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Wed Feb 08, 2017

From Dan, Stouttrout, here on Bullionstacker......

I am going to post this but keep it anonymous. It was recommendation letter written by a past participant. When we receive things like this we do not always have the permission to share them. I really want to share this with you guys. I know sometimes it seems like we are just out having fun on our own, I know I enjoy it so much sometimes it just seems like fun event to put on. Letters like this are truly grounding. It proves that we really do make a difference, maybe not to all, but that one person at each event makes it all worthwhile.

"I just wanted to share how Wheelers for The Wounded helped change my life in so many positive ways and why I support it.

A few years ago I was struggling with my combat related injuries both physical and mental. I was also struggling to find a group of veterans that shared the same hobbies and was looking for excitement like the kind we were exposed to in the military. I was a Tanker in the Army for 8 years before being injured by enemy fire during my second tour in the Middle East. My job consisted of operating a 22 ton tank. This thing was a beast and the meanest coolest vehicle America’s Defense has to date.

There was not a lot of options out there to fill that excitement as you can imagine returning back to the states. I was at a Veteran event and heard about this group of folks that does wonderful things for disabled Veterans coming back home broken and lost. I looked on the group Facebook pages and was amazed at what I saw! It looked like everything I was searching for but felt like I would never find again!

So, I sent an email out to see if I could come to the next WFTW Event being set up that May, at Hidden Falls Adventure Park. I was immediately welcomed with open arms by the most wonderful people I have ever met. I was floored by how I melded right into this. I still thank God all the time that I got off the couch and forced myself to drive there as all I wanted to do at that time was numb my pains. I was also raising a family, broke, lost, and depressed.

I drove out that morning into the beautiful hill country of Central Texas knowing already this decision and Group may very well change my life forever. I told everyone close to me and couldn’t put down the phone that day.

Upon arriving in my little car, I saw a wonderful park and huge tents with banners everywhere. I was so excited I didn’t even hear my car scraping along the rocky and dusty road up to the Event.
Once again, I was floored at all of fully built, tricked out Jeeps, Clubs, and disabled Vets walking around. Many with injuries you might expect. I soon met Daniel, a volunteer and now a board member. He guided me to go on a trail ride with one of his good buddies. It was amazing when they tossed me the keys and asked if I wanted to drive. We had a saying, “Shock and Awe” in the Army and that’s what it was like. Long story short I swore to myself that day I was selling my car and buying a Jeep as soon possible. We all became friends and still are to this day. I met many other people that day, and at the following events since. They have touched me deeply. I am still amazed by the effort and time they put into helping veterans and their families have fun when they are in a time of such pain and struggle.

Early 2016 I purchased my own Jeep and immediately told Daniel about it. He was at a Jeep off-road park and asked if I wanted to bring it out to meet him. I said I was on the way but it was less then 24 hours old. I trust Daniel so much I did it without a second thought. He really knows his stuff so I knew I was in good hands. Packed up the kids and headed out. We went thru a few trails and nothing even came out with a scratch. My kids 12 and 14 said doing these Jeep events is the coolest thing they are a part of all year. My heart and thanks will always go out to WFTW and I will always be grateful to them."

iron-pyrite
Zombie Apocalypse Supporter

Postby iron-pyrite » Sat Feb 11, 2017

Wow, I'm a vet and sc, I never liked wwp much but they did give me a silicone bracelet, and a backpack. Lot of help it's been. I say make donation directly to the VA hospital of your choosing or small local group that you are a member of. DAV and VFW are my go to. Thanks for the info on WFTW, keep up the good work. Our country and its hero's deserve as much

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Sat Feb 11, 2017

iron-pyrite wrote:Wow, I'm a vet and sc, I never liked wwp much but they did give me a silicone bracelet, and a backpack. Lot of help it's been. I say make donation directly to the VA hospital of your choosing or small local group that you are a member of. DAV and VFW are my go to. Thanks for the info on WFTW, keep up the good work. Our country and its hero's deserve as much

Wow! Thank you sir for your service to this great country. Yessir, WWP turned out to be somewhat of a disappointment. We are just a bunch of good old boys doing what we do and taking some heroes along with us. We would love to have you come along.

Jerry Sargent

Postby Jerry Sargent » Mon Feb 13, 2017

iron-pyrite wrote:Wow, I'm a vet and sc, I never liked wwp much but they did give me a silicone bracelet, and a backpack. Lot of help it's been. I say make donation directly to the VA hospital of your choosing or small local group that you are a member of. DAV and VFW are my go to. Thanks for the info on WFTW, keep up the good work. Our country and its hero's deserve as much

There are a lot of good organizations out there that support our wounded veterans. WFTW is just one. Please do your research and make sure that your support actually gets to the veterans. That is the most important thing. DAV and VFW are certainly good places as well as Fisher House.
Jerry Sargent
President WFTW-Texas

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Mon Mar 20, 2017

I know some of you have heard us talk about Shane Savage. Shane was wounded in both Iraq and Afghanistan. He and his family have been to the WFTW main event several years and he now takes wounded out in his own Jeep.

Today, I was told, Shane was on Fox news receiving a Track Chair from the band, Florida Georgia Line. Way cool.

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Wed Mar 22, 2017

THIS is Wheelers for the Wounded!!

This is Daniel Petersen working on his Jeep getting it ready for the WFTW 2017 Main Event. He does ALL the work on his rig and uses a hand throttle to drive the crap out of it. We are so very proud of this young man and he is going to be soon taking on a leadership role in WFTW. Daniel has gone from the lowest lows to the highest highs and is such an inspiration. Come out to the event on May 6 and take a ride with Daniel.

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Thu Mar 23, 2017

Most definitely an inspiration to all. This is a good post to read when I feel petty about my own little issues. Strong will this one has
LOOKING FOR YPS #12 BARS TO COMPLETE A COLLECTION!!! PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY - I HAVE YOUR REPLACEMENT READY OR CAN BUY OUT RIGHT.

ImageImage Image

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Sat Mar 25, 2017

We went over to help out this double amputee, war hero, work on his Jeep. He is putting on a long arm 3 link suspension and it requires cutting off the existing link brackets from the axles and frame rails. Then, some fitting and welding including re-routing the exhaust. This guy is just amazing and I was so proud and happy to help him out.

Here he is TIG welding a frame mount in place. He could of MIG welded it but insisted on TIG. For those that aren't aware, it is very difficult to TIG and requires precision and time.

Here is Daniel and Stouttrout, Dan Engerran, looking over the bracket placement.....

Here is the front axle sitting ready to weld on it's brackets....

Blue Angel, Daniel Petersen, and Dan (Stouttrout here on Bullionstacker).

One of the best days of my life.......

Return to “Wheelers For The Wounded”