What is WFTW?

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

WFTW success story

Postby Blue Angel » Sun Jan 31, 2016

Back in 2011 at the Wheelers for the Wounded event, I had the opportunity to meet and hang with a really cool warrior. Ryan had just recently returned from a deployment in Iraq and came out to the event not knowing what to expect. I saw him kinda hanging out on the sidelines and introduced myself. We talked a while and wound out taking him out on some trails in Dan's (Stouttrout) Jeep. He rode with me and I learned the extent of his injuries. PTSD seemed to be his biggest concern.

Here I am hanging with Ryan....he is the guy on the left.

A few months later, we lost ALL contact with Ryan. He had been corresponding with Dan and I via email, Facebook, and I had talked with him on the phone a few times. Then, it was like he had vanished. We feared the worst. Then in late 2014 we found him again. He has been doing so much better. He came out and brought his beautiful daughter, Fiona, to the event in 2015.

Now, Ryan went and bought a Jeep last week and is out wheeling with Dan this weekend. He is planning some upgrades and will probably be hauling around some wounded at the May WFTW event. This is the success of WFTW, to get wounded integrated back into some normal life activities. And then they in turn help the whole thing to come full circle......such a cool success story.

Ryan in his new rig......

And Dan riding along with Ryan.

vanquish
Gold Supporter

Re: What is WFTW?

Postby vanquish » Sun Jan 31, 2016

Awesome story Blue Angel. Thanks for sharing.

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Offroad Trailer Update

Postby Blue Angel » Sat Feb 06, 2016

Finally got the offroad expedition trailer painted. It looks awesome! The badging and trim work should be completed in a couple of weeks. McMillan Customs did an awesome job.

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Sat Feb 06, 2016

Soon to be famous artist signing and numbering limited edition prints. :thumbup:

There are only 75 of these this year. This is the military flat fender Jeep that is on the 2016 T-shirts. These are full size at 18" x 24" on acid free heavy paper. They are $35 shipped and 100% of proceeds go to Wheelers for the Wounded- Texas.

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Fri Feb 12, 2016

Wheelers for the Wounded just received news of a donation for our fundraising. This is a 30 minute flight in "Pecos Bill", a $6 million P-51 Mustang. Bids start at $1000.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sat Feb 20, 2016

The big WFTW fundraiser is next weekend near Fredericksburg, TX. This isn't like the main event where we put on a special day for our wounded heroes. This is a four-wheeling fundraiser that helps pay for the main event. The event lasts all weekend and there will be at least a few BS members there as well. Would love to meet you.

All y'all are welcome to come on out for the day or camp all weekend. Free rides in ThunderDuck! It'll be a lot of fun, and on Saturday there's an auction with many items including a custom set of YPS WFTW Jeep Stars (2oz, 3oz, 4oz & 5oz).

PM me with any questions or it you'd like to place a proxy bid on anything. Here's a link to the facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/events/1641307966128943/

Friday-Sunday
February 26-28, 2016
Auction on Saturday

Canyons Off Road Park
4016 Schneider Moellering Rd
Fredericksburg, Texas

See ya there!

ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Feb 29, 2016

I created a new WFTW forum and moved all the threads I could find. You should see it under General Forums and also in the left-hand sidebar. The threads were scattered all over so this makes them easier to find.
ImageImageImage

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Thu Mar 10, 2016

Here is the 99% completed Expedition Offroad Trailer. This thing pulls very easily and holds a lot of gear. I did a LOT of the welding on this thing. It will be given away later this spring and the proceeds will allow WFTW to purchase a Jeep ready to offroad and give away next year.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Thu Mar 10, 2016

The trailer will be raffled off with all proceeds going to the WFTW. They had to jump through a few hoops to make the raffle all legal but that's done and tickets will be available soon. I believe they will be $50 each. I'll post an announcement when they go on sale.

From Dan:
You guys ready? The tickets have finally been ordered. The tent is mounted. The plates with the sponsors should be done soon. The date for give away will be June 4th at 4pm at 4 wheel Parts in Houston. Tickets will be available at the main event and various areas. We will post times and areas they are available. Don't ask me if you can buy them now. They aren't here yet. We will make sure everyone has the chance to buy one if they like. Demand is high, so we will make sure you have the details.
ImageImageImage

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Thu Mar 10, 2016

Will it be at the May event for viewing?
ImageImageImage

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

DRP270 wrote:Will it be at the May event for viewing?

Matter of fact. .....yes.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Thu Mar 10, 2016

DRP270 wrote:Will it be at the May event for viewing?

I saw it at Canyons and it is very impressive. :thumbup:
ImageImageImage

DRP270
Site Admin

Great. What ball size for the trailer?
ImageImageImage

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

DRP270 wrote:Great. What ball size for the trailer?

I will have to check on that. Why? You plan on taking it home?

DRP270
Site Admin

Blue Angel wrote:
DRP270 wrote:Great. What ball size for the trailer?

I will have to check on that. Why? You plan on taking it home?

No, I am planning on taking it hunting.

ImageImageImage

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Tue Mar 29, 2016

2" hitch ball.

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Sun May 01, 2016

We are 99% done with this awesome camp trailer. We have installed the CNC/plasma cut plates from sponsors. It will be set up at our main event next weekend! MaxGravy will be one of the first to see this completed project. I am VERY proud that I had a big hand in the build.

It includes a very nice ARB refrigerator/freezer, camping gear, the super nice Smitttybuilt tent.

The proceeds we make on this trailer will give WFTW the means to purchase a fully offroad capable Jeep and give it away to one of our wounded next year.

Yellek
Turtle Supporter

Postby Yellek » Sun May 01, 2016

I may have missed it somewhere, so forgive me if this has already been answered.
Will this be auctioned off or is it a raffle? If it's a raffle, where would I find tickets?

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sun May 01, 2016

Yellek wrote:I may have missed it somewhere, so forgive me if this has already been answered.
Will this be auctioned off or is it a raffle? If it's a raffle, where would I find tickets?

It's a raffle and I believe tickets are on sale now. I know they'll be available at the main event next weekend. I think the drawing isn't for a few months though. All the info is buried on facebook but I can never find anything over there. :roll:
ImageImageImage

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sun May 01, 2016

The date for give away will be June 4th at 4pm at 4 wheel Parts in Houston.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Wheelers For The Wounded”