WFTW Trackchair Project - 2nd Chair Delivered!

iratebob
Palladium Supporter

Re: WFTW Trackchair Fundraiser - Chair delivered!

Postby iratebob » Sat Jun 22, 2019

MaxGravy wrote:The chair Dan saw on FB was probably one for sale in Virginia, which has since sold. Carlson currently has a small used pediatric chair and will possibly have a full size chair soon.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Action-Trackch ... Swx8Fc3Lu0

madhukars

Postby madhukars » Sat Nov 16, 2019

Maybe using the recipient's name would also put a face on it and would help with the fundraiser.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sat Nov 16, 2019

madhukars wrote:Maybe using the recipient's name would also put a face on it and would help with the fundraiser.

I agree that would help but some folks don't want their real name posted. Also, it's probably not a good idea to contact a recipient until we know there's enough funds to buy the specific chair that they need. The first recipient joined bullionstacker after everything was confirmed. He's danmrf1962.

This project has been moving slow but I plan to do another rolling stop auction after the first of the year. Too much going on during the holidays.

The total in the sidebar is not correct. After buying danmrf1962's chair and repairing Dan Peterson's chair, we had $5,369.95 remaining. Since then more has come in from the KSAs and the total is now $6,455.57. We'll get this moving again next year.
"Every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street and building has been renamed, every date has been altered...History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right." -1984, George Orwell

MaxGravy
Site Admin

The total in the sidebar is now current.
"Every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street and building has been renamed, every date has been altered...History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right." -1984, George Orwell

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Sat Nov 16, 2019

I am happy to donate another box of items for the rolling stop if you find the time to do another one
Last year was super fun, the live feed was wicked cool!
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

MaxGravy
Site Admin

bigjohn wrote:I am happy to donate another box of items for the rolling stop if you find the time to do another one
Last year was super fun, the live feed was wicked cool!

Awesome! Thank you. We're planning to do another Rolling Stop in January or February. It takes time to get all the items donated and sorted. And the live feed will definitely be on the air. :duck:

madhukars

Postby madhukars » Sat Nov 16, 2019

Is there a list of the named veterans who are benefiting from this?

MaxGravy
Site Admin

madhukars wrote:Is there a list of the named veterans who are benefiting from this?

So far just two. Please read through the thread. It's all explained.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Re: WFTW Trackchair Fundraiser

Postby MaxGravy » Fri Feb 07, 2020

Update!

It's about time to get this project rolling again. Next week, after the KSAs, I'll start a donation thread for a new Rolling Stop Auction. The last one was a lot of fun and raised a lot money for this project. Details soon.

A couple hundred was donated over the last few months. Here's the new total from Jerry: $6,650.57.

Rik Bitter
Gold Supporter

Re: WFTW Trackchair Project

Postby Rik Bitter » Fri Feb 07, 2020

Glad to hear this. I'll find something in the hoard to contribute to the rolling stop auction. :thumbup:
***Looking for YPS prototypes/test run/commission pieces***
Also any pieces with serial #17 & 18s. Please contact me if you have any of these for sale.

ImageImage

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Thu Feb 20, 2020

I just updated the sidebar with the latest total, $6,842.57. This includes the last KSA and a couple other donations. Last week I spoke to Melanie at Carlson Mobility. She's working on a list of possible recipients. They have a couple refurbished chairs in stock right now. If the upcoming Rolling Stop Auction is anywhere near as successful as the last one then we should be able to place another chair before the main event in May.

If you'd like to help out, please see this thread.

Many thanks to everyone who has donated to this project. We're making a difference. :thumbup:

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Wed Mar 11, 2020

Is there an update on who the recipient will be this year or what chair we are getting?

ALL, THERE IS STILL TIME TO DONATE TO THIS WEEKEND’S AUCTION!! SEND A PICTURE TO RANDY, HE WILL POST THE ITEMS, YOU CAN SHIP TO THE WINNER. ALL DONATIONS BIG AND SMALL ARE APPRECIATED!! OF COURSE, BIDDING HIGH IS ANOTHER WAY TO CONTRIBUTE.

THIS WILL CHANGE SOMEONE’S LIFE, SOMEONE WHO REALLY NEEDS IT!
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Wed Mar 11, 2020

bigjohn wrote:Is there an update on who the recipient will be this year or what chair we are getting?

ALL, THERE IS STILL TIME TO DONATE TO THIS WEEKEND’S AUCTION!! SEND A PICTURE TO RANDY, HE WILL POST THE ITEMS, YOU CAN SHIP TO THE WINNER. ALL DONATIONS BIG AND SMALL ARE APPRECIATED!! OF COURSE, BIDDING HIGH IS ANOTHER WAY TO CONTRIBUTE.

THIS WILL CHANGE SOMEONE’S LIFE, SOMEONE WHO REALLY NEEDS IT!

We don't have a recipient yet. Melanie at Carlson is putting together a list. Each chair is custom fit. I'm hoping we'll have enough for a refurbished chair after the auction.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Wed Jun 24, 2020

UPDATE

All donations from the rolling-stop auction and the last KSA are in. The total is now $11,231.09. :clap:

I've been working with the new WFTW president and Carlson Mobility to find a candidate for the next trackchair. We had three applicants to review. That's less than last time, which is a good thing. One stood out above the others. The WFTW board is voting today to approve the candidate, and also to approve the extra cost. A properly outfitted chair for this soldier will be around $12k delivered with setup and training. I'm pretty confident the board will approve the difference.

I'm very honored to be a part of this community. Y'all have done a great job to step up and make this happen, again! :thumbup:

Another update will be coming soon...

Silverwildcat
Gold Supporter

Re: WFTW Trackchair Project - UPDATE!

Postby Silverwildcat » Wed Jun 24, 2020

That is awesome what a great group we have here I'm proud to be a part of it
RIP DAD 6-10-54/8-17-18

Yellek
Platinum Supporter

Postby Yellek » Thu Jun 25, 2020

Randy, you took a seed of an idea several years ago and with the help of some really good guys here have completely changed the lives of 2 people.
I am proud to be a member of this group and even prouder to have been able to meet you.
m r purty. I like 'em gold 'uns.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Thu Jun 25, 2020

The WFTW board voted unanimously to approve the candidate and also to cover the extra cost. :clap:

I'll have more details soon. I don't want to post personal information at this time, but I can say that this soldier was wounded several times and has endured multiple surgeries. He's a life-long hunter and fisherman who hasn't been able to enjoy the outdoors for a long time.

:wftw:

Silversummit
Turtle Supporter

Postby Silversummit » Thu Jun 25, 2020

MaxGravy wrote:The WFTW board voted unanimously to approve the candidate and also to cover the extra cost. :clap:

I'll have more details soon. I don't want to post personal information at this time, but I can say that this soldier was wounded several times and has endured multiple surgeries. He's a life-long hunter and fisherman who hasn't been able to enjoy the outdoors for a long time.

Great to hear. As the others said, and as I told you an a PM. I accidentally found this group from trying to purchase a proof libertad set off eBay where the seller directed me here. I'm not a forum person in general, but am glad and honored to be a part of this group/ forum.
:duck:

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Thu Jun 25, 2020

MaxGravy wrote:The WFTW board voted unanimously to approve the candidate and also to cover the extra cost. :clap:

:clap: Made my day
Good job everyone
ImageImageImage

Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Thu Jun 25, 2020

Just awesome to hear!!!
Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

Return to “Wheelers For The Wounded”