Alt-Coin ONTOLOGY (ONT)

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Alt-Coin ONTOLOGY (ONT)

Postby BarsandStars » Mon Apr 30, 2018

I should have made this a while ago but better late than never.

https://ont.io/

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ontology/
Joining Binance to trade cryptos? Click my referral link below!
www.binance.com/?ref=20981136

texmex66

Re: Alt-Coin ONTOLOGY (ONT)

Postby texmex66 » Mon Apr 30, 2018

BarsandStars wrote:I should have made this a while ago but better late than never.

I should have bought more ONT. :(

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Mon Apr 30, 2018

texmex66 wrote:
BarsandStars wrote:I should have made this a while ago but better late than never.

I should have bought more ONT. :(

And I sold all mine before the climb. Lol
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image ImageImage

Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

Postby Silversaving » Mon Apr 30, 2018

Pros: Good solid team, backed by onchain (same folks behind NEO), ties with Chinese Gov, Rewards for holding (follows NEO model and will give out Gas to holders), no ICO (ie. no WHALES, everyone had to buy these ONT that are in circulation).

Cons: 1 Billion token supply and only a hair over 1/10th of that is currently circulating. This makes it a ton easier to manipulate the price. Later dilution may adversely impact price,
Seeking a few Rodebaugh Bars. Looking for a series #1, Fat Boy, 2015 100g, & 2012 classic bar. Also collecting the #9 serial on any of his other pieces.

Rodebaugh
Jester

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Apr 30, 2018

Dumped what little I had into more NEO. :shifty:

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Tue May 01, 2018

I have so little, just the first half of the airdrop, there's nothing to lose by waiting for even better increases. And the rest of the airdrop, if it ever happens, will double it. If it's a flop, what the hell, it was free.

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Tue May 01, 2018

If I didn't run out of money trying to cost average down all my positions opened from Jan 8 through February, I'd have had more money to buy ONT. Oh well. It's still my biggest position ahead of NEO. Funny, I said if it hit $10.00 I'd take profits and at this pace, that will happen by Friday. (I just jinxed it didn't I) :shifty:

A year ago I remember reading these crypto threads and thinking you guys had all lost your friggin minds. I couldn't understand a thing you all talked about and now i'm in here with you! :thumbup:

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed May 02, 2018

BarsandStars wrote:A year ago I remember reading these crypto threads and thinking you guys had all lost your friggin minds. I couldn't understand a thing you all talked about and now i'm in here with you! :thumbup:

It's sad when you start to understand what they're raving about in the asylum, isn't it? :P

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Thu May 03, 2018

Long John wrote:
BarsandStars wrote:A year ago I remember reading these crypto threads and thinking you guys had all lost your friggin minds. I couldn't understand a thing you all talked about and now i'm in here with you! :thumbup:

It's sad when you start to understand what they're raving about in the asylum, isn't it? :P

You know what hit me lately? I remember seeing BTC go to 3k, 4k, 5k, 6k and thought "what's wrong with you people? Why aren't you taking profits after doubling/tripling, etc your investment? Now it's happening to me with ONT and i want to buy more, not sell.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu May 03, 2018

Silversaving wrote:Pros: Good solid team, backed by onchain (same folks behind NEO), ties with Chinese Gov, Rewards for holding (follows NEO model and will give out Gas to holders), no ICO (ie. no WHALES, everyone had to buy these ONT that are in circulation).

Cons: 1 Billion token supply and only a hair over 1/10th of that is currently circulating. This makes it a ton easier to manipulate the price. Later dilution may adversely impact price,

This ONT run is crazy. Guys who got on a simple email list now have $10,000 worth of ONT. Wow. Talk about missing the simplest of opportunities. I've still got all my NEO air-dropped ONT and awaiting the second half in due time.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu May 03, 2018

BarsandStars wrote:
Long John wrote:

You know what hit me lately? I remember seeing BTC go to 3k, 4k, 5k, 6k and thought "what's wrong with you people? Why aren't you taking profits after doubling/tripling, etc your investment? Now it's happening to me with ONT and i want to buy more, not sell.

Welcome to the crazy train. The truly odd part of that really big run up in BTC was that as it was approaching $20k, the transaction fees were in the $20+ range and a person couldn't really do a BTC transaction unless it was at least $500 worth, just due to the fees involved.

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Thu May 03, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
Silversaving wrote:Pros: Good solid team, backed by onchain (same folks behind NEO), ties with Chinese Gov, Rewards for holding (follows NEO model and will give out Gas to holders), no ICO (ie. no WHALES, everyone had to buy these ONT that are in circulation).

This ONT run is crazy. Guys who got on a simple email list now have $10,000 worth of ONT. Wow. Talk about missing the simplest of opportunities. I've still got all my NEO air-dropped ONT and awaiting the second half in due time.

Can't even imagine getting 1000 for free. I hope we see another ONT type opportunity this year.
I'm curious what is behind this rally. I can't really find any specific news to justify it.

Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

Postby Silversaving » Thu May 03, 2018

Decided I'm just going to hold till we get closer to main net. I'll likely sell half before then. Still leaves me 5 figures for staking. But after living through NEO and ICX going 100x, this 10x is nice but nothing to "take profits" from yet personally. Gut feeling is we see $14 in the not so distant future. Hardest thing you'll ever do in crypto is hold when you make good gains. Easy for a coin to go 100x over it's life....rare for a person to hold on that long. Though of course some (a lot?) of projects are vaporware pump and dumps that never get there.
Seeking a few Rodebaugh Bars. Looking for a series #1, Fat Boy, 2015 100g, & 2012 classic bar. Also collecting the #9 serial on any of his other pieces.

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Fri May 04, 2018

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Fri May 04, 2018

this run was crazy.. any of you guys get on that email list?

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

silverpv wrote:this run was crazy.. any of you guys get on that email list?

I still can't even figure out how to get on it. I follow ONT on medium now but I'm not sure if that's the newsletter. I wish was on it prior to that massive 1000 drop.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Fri May 04, 2018

We wouldn't have qualified, it required KYC.

Newsletter subscription airdrop

Individuals who successfully subscribed to Ontology’s newsletter were invited to take part in KYC to receive 1,000 ONT. The KYC deadline has already passed, and results were sent out on Monday, February 12, 2018. No new submissions can be made, and no details submitted can be changed. Those who passed KYC will receive their ONT in Q1 2018.

https://medium.com/ontologynetwork/the- ... 1694928373

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

silverpv wrote:We wouldn't have qualified, it required KYC.

Individuals who successfully subscribed to Ontology’s newsletter were invited to take part in KYC to receive 1,000 ONT. The KYC deadline has already passed, and results were sent out on Monday, February 12, 2018. No new submissions can be made, and no details submitted can be changed. Those who passed KYC will receive their ONT in Q1 2018.

At the risk of sounding ignorant, what is KYC?

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

I can't believe i just signed up for Twitter just to follow ONT lol

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Fri May 04, 2018

BarsandStars wrote:
silverpv wrote:We wouldn't have qualified, it required KYC.

At the risk of sounding ignorant, what is KYC?

KYC Know Your Customer
AML Anti Money Laundering

Both acronyms are just another way of saying i want to track you :)

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”