Alt-Coin SALT

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
texmex66

Re: Alt-Coin SALT

Postby texmex66 » Thu Dec 28, 2017

SALT looking real good on the 60 min and daily charts. Could make another push upwards soon. :D

Salt tokens are selling for $27.50 on their site. When you become a member if im reading it right you must buy these tokens from them at the $27.50 price. Arbitrage op in there somewhere? :duck:

Edit: New high, vol picking up. :pop:

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Dec 28, 2017

Tex, I don't understand SALT, but an economy needs lenders. I think you are right that to get a loan, you need to buy tokens, and that if you want a lower interest rate, you need to buy additional tokens.

An economy needs lenders. I'll pay interest, not but taxes.

SALT has had a good run so far. :thumbup:
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

highroller4321

Postby highroller4321 » Thu Dec 28, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:Tex, I don't understand SALT, but an economy needs lenders. I think you are right that to get a loan, you need to buy tokens, and that if you want a lower interest rate, you need to buy additional tokens.

An economy needs lenders. I'll pay interest, not but taxes.

SALT has had a good run so far. :thumbup:

Salt coins buy you a "membership" into the lending circle. The more coins you have the greater amount of money they will lend you/ the higher member level you have.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Dec 28, 2017

Thanks Roller, that's kind of what I was thinking, but I bought the concept and didn't read the fine print.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sun Dec 31, 2017

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Sun Dec 31, 2017

According to the CryptoInvestor this is very high risk. No thanks, will stick with my Qtum, LTC and Tezos. Good luck hope it works out for you.
I just looked at the chart and if it goes below 9000 satoshies then it looks bleak in my mind but then again I'm just learning.
Attachments
Screenshot-2017-12-31 SALTBTC 0 00090242 ▼−5 39% — Unnamed — TradingView.png
Screenshot-2017-12-31 SALTBTC 0 00090242 ▼−5 39% — Unnamed — TradingView.png (30.61 KiB) Viewed 875 times
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image ImageImage

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

I certainly respect your opinion, and I agree that SALT is a very high risk project.

Their platform/lending model has to be compliant with both Federal and State regulations. That's a tough minefield to walk through. I was pretty Bearish on SALT the first time I kicked the tires, but there is one thing about SALT that is true, and this is why I bought it.

The crypto economy is going to require lenders, and banks will not accept crypto as colleratial

There are a lot of people sitting on hundreds of thousands of dollars in crypto profits, who do not want to cash out and pay taxes. I'm one of them and I'm just an old retired Bear. I'm a peon who got in early.

I am giving some serious thought to buying a 2018 Toyota Tacoma, however my FICA score isn't the best. I think banks have utility, but Doge has seriously changed my opinion on banks. If Toyota won't finance me at a reasonable rate, SALT will.
No credit check either, but it is a margin loan. I would recommend a 2:1 ratio. If you want $10K, deposit $20K.

This is a tremendous opportunity for crypto investors, crypto borrowers, and SALT.

High risk has 3 outcomes - High rewards, you lose your investment, or hopefully you can get out at the price you paid.

Qtum and LTC are good bets. Tezos is another story.

I was the 1st person on here to mention Tezos, and I was initially pretty bullish on it. As I continued to study it, I got wet-feet and didn't buy it.

Tezos didn't properly vet a buyer who was not an accredited investor. Opps - They just scammed a "little guy". SEC doesn't like that at all.

Tezos now has a state class action lawsuit filing that has a very good possibility of going national. What a great way to start a business.

The SEC has been looking for a big ICO target, and Tezos meets all their criteria. Tezos made an unlicensed security offering to unaccredited investors. That's "high risk". Wiki goes pretty lightly in describing Howey, but their are plenty of legal opinions on the web about Howey (I live 5 miles from Howey in the Hills, about a 15 minute boat ride away).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEC_v._W._J._Howey_Co.

By the way, Tezos wants to use investor funds for their legal defense expenses. The management team at Tezos are a bunch of untrustworthy, unethical, scumbag crooks. That doesn't mean you can't make money with Tezos, but the management team has shown their "true colors".

I don't pump, and I'm in SALT cheap. I do "criticize" some coins. I agree that the chart is ugly, but I am HODLER. I'm looking at 3-5 years out.
Last edited by Bucketeer on Thu Jan 04, 2018, edited 4 times in total.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Sun Dec 31, 2017

I agree 100% with you on the lawsuit on Tezos actually I believe they are 4 and yes they asked to use the funds for their legal defense but that has not happened as of yet.
As for the launch date I believe it will still happen late Feb or sometime in March and when it does all the lawsuits will disappear just like the wind.
I have a sufficient amount of Tezos that I have acquired so hopefully things go well.

By the way Bucketeer have you approached any Toyota Dealer about buying with BTC? You might get surprised. Lol
Good Luck My Friend and
Happy Hogmanay
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image ImageImage

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Marchas45 wrote:As for the launch date I believe it will still happen late Feb or sometime in March and when it does all the lawsuits will disappear just like the wind.

I have a sufficient amount of Tezos that I have acquired so hopefully things go well. By the way Bucketeer have you approached any Toyota Dealer about buying with BTC? You might get surprised.

Why would the lawsuit disappear just because the project launches?

Things don't move that fast. The prosecutors will see that big pile of investor assets (your money) and they are not going to be in any hurry to settle. Remember, they bill by the hour. Good luck with Tezos.

I am definitively going to call around to see if there is a dealer that would Bitcoin. It wouldn't be the 1st time I've bought a car from another state.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

SilverDoge wrote:How does SALT compare to ETHLend?

This is the only thing I've found about ETHLending. Interesting and still cheap. I'm thinking it could very useful for micro-loans in 3rd world countries.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVdn-aPhmmc&ab_channel=DavidHay
Last edited by Bucketeer on Wed Jan 10, 2018, edited 2 times in total.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

texmex66 wrote:Salt tokens are selling for $27.50 on their site. When you become a member if im reading it right you must buy these tokens from them at the $27.50 price. Arbitrage op in there somewhere? :duck:

I see the opportunity, but I can't figure out to play it. Got any ideas?

Silverkid
Gold Supporter

Postby Silverkid » Mon Jan 01, 2018

Bucketeer wrote:
texmex66 wrote:Salt tokens are selling for $27.50 on their site. When you become a member if im reading it right you must buy these tokens from them at the $27.50 price. Arbitrage op in there somewhere? :duck:

I see the opportunity, but I can't figure out to play it. Got any ideas?

Looks like i can get salt for like 12.75 on binance. How does the $27.50 benefit you?
I prefer payment in crypto: LTC, ETH AND BTC. Also accept Google Wallet, Zelle , Postal Money Orders, and Personal Checks. Shipping prices do not include insurance. If you want insurance/registered mail, it's always extra.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Jan 01, 2018

Bucketeer wrote:
Marchas45 wrote:As for the launch date I believe it will still happen late Feb or sometime in March and when it does all the lawsuits will disappear just like the wind.

I have a sufficient amount of Tezos that I have acquired so hopefully things go well. By the way Bucketeer have you approached any Toyota Dealer about buying with BTC? You might get surprised.

Things don't move that fast. The prosecutors will see that big pile of investor assets (your money) and they are not going to be in any hurry to settle. Remember, they bill by the hour. Good luck with Tezos.

I am definitively going to call around to see if there is a dealer that would Bitcoin. It wouldn't be the 1st time I've bought a car from another state.

325 cars currently listed for sale in Orlando, Florida on Craigslist where the seller is willing to accept crypto currency:
https://orlando.craigslist.org/search/cta?crypto_currency_ok=1

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Mon Jan 01, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:

325 cars currently listed for sale in Orlando, Florida on Craigslist where the seller is willing to accept crypto currency:
https://orlando.craigslist.org/search/cta?crypto_currency_ok=1

I kinda like this one, but it a couple thoudand too mucn

https://orlando.craigslist.org/ctd/d/2006-toyota-tacoma-access-cab/6426453988.html

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Jan 02, 2018

SALT getting more competition out of Asia?

https://www.genieico.net/

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Tue Jan 02, 2018

Interesting, they will accept USD (PayPal) and Debit/Cards for token payment. Thanks Doge.

highroller4321

Postby highroller4321 » Tue Jan 02, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:SALT getting more competition out of Asia?

Day 1 through 14 results in a 25% holding bonus....might be an opportunity there.

According to the white paper Unlike SALT this company is ONLY making loans to Singapore companies/partnerships.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Jan 04, 2018

I was thinking about what you said last night about Crowd Genie, and I don't consider them to be competition, and here's why. My premise for SALT was that the crypto economy will need lenders.

When you consider the numerous different types of specialized lenders that currently exist, there is plenty of space out there for new ICOs that are specialized to the many different groups of conventional lenders.

Here's a couple of specialized areas - Pay-day loans, bridge loans, mortgages, used autos, consumer credit, rent-to-own, sub-prime loans tailored for specific assets, yada, yada, yada.

Crowd Genie compliments the crypto lending space, they are not competition.
Last edited by Bucketeer on Thu Jan 04, 2018, edited 3 times in total.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

highroller4321 wrote:

According to the white paper Unlike SALT this company is ONLY making loans to Singapore companies/partnerships.

According to their website "CROWD GENIE's ultimate goal is to create an Asia-wide Asset Exchange."

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

KeepKey Hardware wallet now supports SALT.

https://www.keepkey.com/2018/01/04/salt-keepkey/

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”