coinbase transfers

dae2dae
Gold Jester

coinbase transfers

Postby dae2dae » Fri Aug 18, 2017

got this when about to send bitcoin to a bs member. does this apply with person to person? how would I know the info they want? do I just click no, and send?
"Are you sending to another bitcoin service or exchange?"

"When sending funds from Coinbase to an off-site address, you may be asked "are you sending to another digital currency service or exchange?" If you are not, you can simply click "No." If you are, you must click "Yes" and specify the URL of the website of the destination digital currency service or exchange.

When sending money to external accounts we are required to gather a bit of information before processing the transaction. Coinbase is federally registered as a Money Service Business (MSB). In order to comply with federal regulations, we must know if money is sent from a Coinbase account to a financial institution, in this case a digital currency service or exchange."
thanks in advance
“Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself.” Thomas Jefferson
ImageImageImageImage

Silversummit
Turtle Supporter

Re: coinbase transfers

Postby Silversummit » Fri Aug 18, 2017

I haven't seen that message myself before. I mainly use coinbase's mobile app for purchases and transfers, and I even transferred bitcoin to both an exchange and a paper wallet yesterday from Coinbase. Sorry can't help there as I haven't encountered that message before.

Silversaving

Postby Silversaving » Fri Aug 18, 2017

I can't help either. I stopped using coinbase back in April or so when they we're even asking for ID or SSNs. Pretty sure I don't like the direction they are going

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Fri Aug 18, 2017

Im gonna say, Click "NO". A personal private wallet is not a Financial Institution or Exchange. But, WDIK :shifty:

dae2dae
Gold Jester

texmex66 wrote:Im gonna say, Click "NO". A personal private wallet is not a Financial Institution or Exchange. But, WDIK :shifty:

clicked no, fluff the man!
“Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself.” Thomas Jefferson
ImageImageImageImage

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Fri Aug 18, 2017

dae2dae wrote:
texmex66 wrote:Im gonna say, Click "NO". A personal private wallet is not a Financial Institution or Exchange. But, WDIK :shifty:

:clap:

dae2dae
Gold Jester

texmex66 wrote:
dae2dae wrote:

:clap:

ImageImageImageImage

Silvervein
Turtle Supporter

Postby Silvervein » Fri Aug 18, 2017

I currently only use Coinbase for bitcoins I want to sell, which makes it easy, otherwise I keep them in my Ledger hard wallet.
Does anyone know of a better exchange to do my transfers?
Cheaper transaction rates would be a plus. :thumbup:
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold."
- Bob Marley

gramcracker
Turtle Supporter

Postby gramcracker » Sat Aug 19, 2017

Silvervein wrote:I currently only use Coinbase for bitcoins I want to sell, which makes it easy, otherwise I keep them in my Ledger hard wallet.
Does anyone know of a better exchange to do my transfers?
Cheaper transaction rates would be a plus. :thumbup:

I have not tried this yet but use GDAX which is owned by same company that owns Coinbase. Zero fees according to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcCIjIAqM-4
Everything in moderation, especially moderation.

Silvervein
Turtle Supporter

Postby Silvervein » Sat Aug 19, 2017

gramcracker wrote:I have not tried this yet but use GDAX which is owned by same company that owns Coinbase. Zero fees according to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcCIjIAqM-4

Gramcracker you are da man!!!!

I was already a member of GDAX but never finished the process.
GDAX is not too hard if you are familiar with stock trading.
Now if I place limit orders I have 0, that's right, 0 transaction fees.
I moved all of crypto to GDAX and it was instant.
I like the ability to place stop/limit orders as well.

As the video states this only works on the limit orders and not market orders but if you place a market order it is much lower than Coinbase.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold."
- Bob Marley

Return to “Bitcoin”