Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Jan 04, 2018

Neo's been around for more than 2 years and only has 2 Dapps.
Qutm has been around for 9 months and has more than 10 Dapps.

You can program Dapps in C++. That opens the doors to a huge number of developers. NEO has having a good run, but so has Qutm. I think both coins are going to do well.
Last edited by Bucketeer on Thu Jan 04, 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Jan 04, 2018

NEO is now on ShapeShift. BOOM! :thumbup:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Jan 07, 2018

Just downloaded the latest NEON wallet, courtesy of City of Zion. Version 9, which has several of the NEO ICO tokens embedded within. Good stuff.

https://github.com/CityOfZion/neon-wallet/releases

Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

Postby Silversaving » Mon Jan 08, 2018

$114 right now. NEO is mooning while the rest of the market crumbles. Feeling blessed 80% of my assets are in NEO and ICX which are some of the very few green cryptos on the day
Seeking a few Rodebaugh Bars. Looking for a series #1, Fat Boy, 2015 100g, & 2012 classic bar. Also collecting the #9 serial on any of his other pieces.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Mon Jan 08, 2018

Glad to hear NEO is mooning, but what is the reason why?

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Mon Jan 08, 2018

Bucketeer wrote:You can program Dapps in C++. That opens the doors to a huge number of developers. NEO has having a good run, but so has Qutm. I think both coins are going to do well.

NEO's smart contracts can already be written in C#, VB.Net, F#, Java, Kotlin, and Python. They are working to add more bridges to support C, C++, Golang, and Javascript.

There are also multiple ongoing projects to port existing Ethereum smart contracts to NEO, and at least one proposed project to make ERC-20 and NEP-5 tokens seamlessly exchangeable, meaning DApps could run parallel on both networks simultaneously and users wouldn't have to worry about swapping tokens.

Bucketeer wrote:A comparison of the number of Dapps for QTUM vs NEOS is a good example of that statement. I think NEOs has a grand total of 1, and that is with a 2 year head start.

First, NEOS is NeosCoin, something completely different from NEO. Don't buy NEOS by accident :lol:

Second, we must count differently, because I see a couple dozen projects on NEO already.

https://neo.org/dapps?culture=en-us

There are also 20+ active and upcoming ICOs on NEO.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Go NEO go :thumbup:

QTUM is ok too :lol:

Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

Bucketeer wrote:Glad to hear NEO is mooning, but what is the reason why?

My best guess is because there are a lot of ICOs coming out on the NEO platform in Q1 of this year. As such, people need to stock up on NEO to buy into them. Much like the ETH explosion last year. I just hope we don't see what we saw in ETH where it never could really take off because of projects that were funded in NEO selling off whenever it started a bull run to pay the bills.
Seeking a few Rodebaugh Bars. Looking for a series #1, Fat Boy, 2015 100g, & 2012 classic bar. Also collecting the #9 serial on any of his other pieces.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Nate, thank you for taking time to write a reply. Evidently, there has been some miscommunication, probably more me than your fellows, about NEO. I really appreciate your explanation, thanks.

Tom

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Mon Jan 08, 2018

Silversaving wrote:I just hope we don't see what we saw in ETH where it never could really take off because of projects that were funded in NEO selling off whenever it started a bull run to pay the bills.

:? ETH was $10 this time last year and it's $1200 today.

At the very least, NEO ICOs should run much smoother than ETH ICOs, with NEO capable of handling ~1000 transactions per second vs. ETH's ~15 transactions per second.

Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

natsb88 wrote: :? ETH was $10 this time last year and it's $1200 today.

At the very least, NEO ICOs should run much smoother than ETH ICOs, with NEO capable of handling ~1000 transactions per second vs. ETH's ~15 transactions per second.

I was more refering to how in the early days ICOs collected a TON of ETH to fund their projects. The price of ETH was then held down for a while because whenever it would spike up, those same ICOs would sell their ETH to take profits to pay the team etc.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Yeah, they gamed the price

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Jan 09, 2018

Oh my NEO. Killing it again. And that GAS isn't too bad either! I am still salty that I didn't create a Binance account and buy GAS back when it was under $3 and I could have easily done it.

Almost forgot - NEO is doing its European roadshow as we speak. That has probably helped it remain strong during this small BTC & alt-market dip the last 24 hours.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Tue Jan 09, 2018

Holy crap - NEO is $127.74!

Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

Postby Silversaving » Tue Jan 09, 2018

I'm in shock. This must be how the people with thousands of ETH felt on their bull run....just shocked and blessed.

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Tue Jan 09, 2018

Silversaving wrote:I'm in shock. This must be how the people with thousands of ETH felt on their bull run....just shocked and blessed.

:clap: Congrats

Wish i would have took more off your hands. :D

Remember $144 target. These are locked away for me anyway. Will look to add on any pull back. :pop:

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Tue Jan 09, 2018

Silversaving wrote:I'm in shock. This must be how the people with thousands of ETH felt on their bull run....just shocked and blessed.

Very blessed, still holding all my initial coins and can pay off my mortgage...

Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

silverpv wrote:

That's awesome! Glad to start seeing others stories like this. Crypto making a difference in peoples lives.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Tue Jan 09, 2018

Silversaving wrote:
silverpv wrote:

That's awesome! Glad to start seeing others stories like this. Crypto making a difference in peoples lives.

Yah man, definitely changing my life. It's amazing, I'm just making sure to take some off the top and i'll let the rest roll. Congrats to you too, now to have financial freedom.

rahbii

Postby rahbii » Tue Jan 09, 2018

I really like the projects coming up on the NEO chain...especially DeepBrain Chain (DBC). Ai, powered by gpu blockchain miners.

NEO and DeepBrain are doing a European road show together and it's nice to see that Neo backs the project.
Image Image Image
"The early bird gets the worm. But it's the 2nd mouse who gets the cheese"

Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

rahbii wrote:I really like the projects coming up on the NEO chain...especially DeepBrain Chain (DBC). Ai, powered by gpu blockchain miners.

NEO and DeepBrain are doing a European road show together and it's nice to see that Neo backs the project.

I slept on DeepBrain and am kicking myself now. I could have got in on the ICO for cheap! Oh well, live and learn.

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”