Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
User avatar
BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 3482
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013
Location: Connecticut

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby BarsandStars » Tue Jan 16, 2018

Hi, I'm here for the moral support. hahhahaha


My first crypto kick in the nuts. Thank you, sir. May I have another. Now if freaking coinbase would free up my USD account so I can do some shopping, that'd be nice. Been 8 days since I did a deposit.
Joining Binance to trade cryptos? Click my referral link below!
www.binance.com/?ref=20981136

User avatar
Long John
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 3756
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016
Location: Northeast

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby Long John » Tue Jan 16, 2018

BarsandStars wrote:HNow if freaking coinbase would free up my USD account so I can do some shopping, that'd be nice. Been 8 days since I did a deposit.

If you have Coinbase linked to your bank account you can buy Bitcoin, or one of the other three, right now. You won't get the BTC until the money clears in about a week, but the price is locked in. You have to pay the Coinbase fee, but at these prices that almost doesn't matter.

User avatar
BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 3482
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013
Location: Connecticut

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby BarsandStars » Tue Jan 16, 2018

Long John wrote:
BarsandStars wrote:HNow if freaking coinbase would free up my USD account so I can do some shopping, that'd be nice. Been 8 days since I did a deposit.

If you have Coinbase linked to your bank account you can buy Bitcoin, or one of the other three, right now. You won't get the BTC until the money clears in about a week, but the price is locked in. You have to pay the Coinbase fee, but at these prices that almost doesn't matter.

Wait, so you're saying if I have a pending deposit on coinbase, I can still make a buy? Or are you talking about buying with ACH. I did a buy/ach last week for 1 LTC (just to dip my toe in the water before I make a bigger deposit) and that LTC was in my account in a few days. I don't get why an ACH deposit takes longer than an ACH purchase. Makes no sense. If they can approve it and give me LTC, why can't they approve it and give me USD?
Joining Binance to trade cryptos? Click my referral link below!
www.binance.com/?ref=20981136

User avatar
Long John
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 3756
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016
Location: Northeast

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby Long John » Tue Jan 16, 2018

I'm saying even without a pending deposit you can buy on Coinbase with a bank account (if it's linked), just as if it was a credit card but with a lower fee. Check your payment options in the Buy window. You don't actually get the BTC credited to you for 5 days or so, but the price is today's price (plus Coinbase's fee).

User avatar
BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 3482
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013
Location: Connecticut

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby BarsandStars » Tue Jan 16, 2018

Long John wrote:I'm saying even without a pending deposit you can buy on Coinbase with a bank account (if it's linked), just as if it was a credit card but with a lower fee. Check your payment options in the Buy window. You don't actually get the BTC credited to you for 5 days or so, but the price is today's price (plus Coinbase's fee).



That's how I bought my first LTC and it was in my account in a few days. On the same day, I did an ACH deposit (not a purchase) and that has been in limbo ever since. I'd like to see those funds hit my coinbase account before I give them anymore money. going forward, no more USD deposits. I'll just buy w/ ACH instead.
Joining Binance to trade cryptos? Click my referral link below!
www.binance.com/?ref=20981136

Silversummit
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby Silversummit » Tue Jan 16, 2018

BarsandStars wrote:
Long John wrote:I'm saying even without a pending deposit you can buy on Coinbase with a bank account (if it's linked), just as if it was a credit card but with a lower fee. Check your payment options in the Buy window. You don't actually get the BTC credited to you for 5 days or so, but the price is today's price (plus Coinbase's fee).



That's how I bought my first LTC and it was in my account in a few days. On the same day, I did an ACH deposit (not a purchase) and that has been in limbo ever since. I'd like to see those funds hit my coinbase account before I give them anymore money. going forward, no more USD deposits. I'll just buy w/ ACH instead.

it does say it takes 9 days for the deposit arrive but mine always arrive in 8 days to the minute I initiated the deposit. its slow but always shows up in 8 days.
Get $10 in bitcoin when you spend $100 with the link below.
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593f314703c4930098573eed

save 10% on all trade fee's for 6 months at gate exchange.
https://gate.io/signup/955279

binance
https://www.binance.com/?ref=13221361
thank you to any who use these links as I get referral bonuses also :thumbup:

User avatar
BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 3482
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013
Location: Connecticut

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby BarsandStars » Tue Jan 16, 2018

Silversummit wrote:
BarsandStars wrote:
Long John wrote:I'm saying even without a pending deposit you can buy on Coinbase with a bank account (if it's linked), just as if it was a credit card but with a lower fee. Check your payment options in the Buy window. You don't actually get the BTC credited to you for 5 days or so, but the price is today's price (plus Coinbase's fee).



That's how I bought my first LTC and it was in my account in a few days. On the same day, I did an ACH deposit (not a purchase) and that has been in limbo ever since. I'd like to see those funds hit my coinbase account before I give them anymore money. going forward, no more USD deposits. I'll just buy w/ ACH instead.


it does say it takes 9 days for the deposit arrive but mine always arrive in 8 days to the minute I initiated the deposit. its slow but always shows up in 8 days.



I put the deposit in on 1/8 and here's the email coinbase sent me:

Within 2-4 business days, these funds should be available in your Stored Value Account. Coinbase does not charge a fee for this transaction.

Is the stored value account different than the USD wallet?
Joining Binance to trade cryptos? Click my referral link below!
www.binance.com/?ref=20981136

Silversummit
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby Silversummit » Tue Jan 16, 2018

BarsandStars wrote:
Silversummit wrote:
BarsandStars wrote:
Long John wrote:I'm saying even without a pending deposit you can buy on Coinbase with a bank account (if it's linked), just as if it was a credit card but with a lower fee. Check your payment options in the Buy window. You don't actually get the BTC credited to you for 5 days or so, but the price is today's price (plus Coinbase's fee).



That's how I bought my first LTC and it was in my account in a few days. On the same day, I did an ACH deposit (not a purchase) and that has been in limbo ever since. I'd like to see those funds hit my coinbase account before I give them anymore money. going forward, no more USD deposits. I'll just buy w/ ACH instead.


it does say it takes 9 days for the deposit arrive but mine always arrive in 8 days to the minute I initiated the deposit. its slow but always shows up in 8 days.



I put the deposit in on 1/8 and here's the email coinbase sent me:

Within 2-4 business days, these funds should be available in your Stored Value Account. Coinbase does not charge a fee for this transaction.

Is the stored value account different than the USD wallet?



you are right the email always says that and is never right. when you confirm the transfer or purchase, the confirmation screen says 9 days. like I said check your wallet for the time am\pm. if you started the transaction at lets say 4 pm 1\8, then for me the deposit would show up today between 4 pm and 4:15pm. I hope it shows up today. overtime you just get used to the nuances of getting involed and do what you can when you can.
Get $10 in bitcoin when you spend $100 with the link below.
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593f314703c4930098573eed

save 10% on all trade fee's for 6 months at gate exchange.
https://gate.io/signup/955279

binance
https://www.binance.com/?ref=13221361
thank you to any who use these links as I get referral bonuses also :thumbup:

User avatar
BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 3482
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013
Location: Connecticut

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby BarsandStars » Tue Jan 16, 2018

Silversummit wrote:
BarsandStars wrote:
Silversummit wrote:
BarsandStars wrote:
Long John wrote:I'm saying even without a pending deposit you can buy on Coinbase with a bank account (if it's linked), just as if it was a credit card but with a lower fee. Check your payment options in the Buy window. You don't actually get the BTC credited to you for 5 days or so, but the price is today's price (plus Coinbase's fee).



That's how I bought my first LTC and it was in my account in a few days. On the same day, I did an ACH deposit (not a purchase) and that has been in limbo ever since. I'd like to see those funds hit my coinbase account before I give them anymore money. going forward, no more USD deposits. I'll just buy w/ ACH instead.


it does say it takes 9 days for the deposit arrive but mine always arrive in 8 days to the minute I initiated the deposit. its slow but always shows up in 8 days.



I put the deposit in on 1/8 and here's the email coinbase sent me:

Within 2-4 business days, these funds should be available in your Stored Value Account. Coinbase does not charge a fee for this transaction.

Is the stored value account different than the USD wallet?



you are right the email always says that and is never right. when you confirm the transfer or purchase, the confirmation screen says 9 days. like I said check your wallet for the time am\pm. if you started the transaction at lets say 4 pm 1\8, then for me the deposit would show up today between 4 pm and 4:15pm. I hope it shows up today. overtime you just get used to the nuances of getting involed and do what you can when you can.


Ahhh ok that makes sense. Timestamp: Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 9:47 PM
This was my first deposit to coinbase so I was just going by the email and was a bit concerned. This is why I only did small transactions under $500 until I become more comfortable and familiar with the exchanges.
Joining Binance to trade cryptos? Click my referral link below!
www.binance.com/?ref=20981136

User avatar
texmex66
Posts: 633
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby texmex66 » Tue Jan 16, 2018

Lots of buying coming in on NEO, hit a low of $99 and change. Now $140 and change. :pop:

User avatar
rahbii
Posts: 2115
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010
Location: Mega-City One

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby rahbii » Tue Jan 16, 2018

wish I could buy more...stupid bills
Image Image Image
"The early bird gets the worm. But it's the 2nd mouse who gets the cheese"

User avatar
Rodebaugh
Jester
Posts: 4306
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011
Location: Almost Heaven

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Jan 16, 2018

texmex66 wrote:Lots of buying coming in on NEO, hit a low of $99 and change. Now $140 and change. :pop:


Missed the 99. Durn day job. :(

User avatar
Silversaving
Platinum Supporter
Posts: 1190
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby Silversaving » Tue Jan 16, 2018

back to $150 now.....I slept though that dip or I would have been buying more. Crazy
ImageSeeking Rodebaugh Serial #'s 9 & 23.

User avatar
Fabio
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011
Location: Vancouver/Seattle
Contact:

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby Fabio » Tue Jan 16, 2018

texmex66 wrote:Lots of buying coming in on NEO, hit a low of $99 and change. Now $140 and change. :pop:


Wow, didn't see it. I work 2 days in a month and today happened to be that day and I missed all the action, not that I was buying or selling, but to me it's as much fun to watch this stuff go down as it is to watch it go up. I'm an equal opportunity investor, I love the ups and downs just as much.

:lol:




:pop:
"LiteCoin, the original shitcoin" - Fabio 2018

User avatar
BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 3482
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013
Location: Connecticut

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby BarsandStars » Tue Jan 16, 2018

may get another shot at 99
Joining Binance to trade cryptos? Click my referral link below!
www.binance.com/?ref=20981136

User avatar
texmex66
Posts: 633
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby texmex66 » Tue Jan 16, 2018

BarsandStars wrote:may get another shot at 99


Yeah, you normally get a retest of the lows. However i dont think we are done by any means. I would love to be wrong. :)

User avatar
Silversaving
Platinum Supporter
Posts: 1190
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby Silversaving » Tue Jan 16, 2018

I'll be buying at $99
ImageSeeking Rodebaugh Serial #'s 9 & 23.

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 4696
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Kansas

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jan 17, 2018

Silversaving wrote:I'll be buying at $99


Not sure what price that is in sats, but my buy orders are around 0.008 sats. Might get lucky, but probably not.
Image

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 4696
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Kansas

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jan 17, 2018

Is KuCoin endorsing NEO now? :lol:

NEO Endorsement.png
NEO Endorsement.png (248.31 KiB) Viewed 479 times
Image

User avatar
Silversaving
Platinum Supporter
Posts: 1190
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby Silversaving » Wed Jan 17, 2018

I know you are mostly joking Travis, but yes they are. Projects on the NEO network (such as Red Pulse) were exclusively released on KuCoin to help "build the network". They also have more NEO pairings then any exchange I believe. I'm not sure what the "official" word is, but it's pretty well known to us that KuCoin and NEO are both working to help each other.
ImageSeeking Rodebaugh Serial #'s 9 & 23.


Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests