Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby silverpv » Thu Nov 02, 2017

I'm getting crushed, but can't complain.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sun Nov 05, 2017

silverpv wrote:I'm getting crushed, but can't complain.

Well, in USD terms it's not a disaster ($25.90 at this moment). But that's because BTC is pulling USD to the moon. In BTC terms, which is how many people like to measure their alts when it looks better :lol:, yeah we're getting crushed. I think the highest NEO has ever stood against BTC is .014, and right now it's .0034. The last price I sold some at was .0058. It's a similar story for most alts. It got a lot better for like 1 or 2 days after the Bitcoin Gold fork, but when Bitcoin bounces it does so with a vengeance.

AuAgJohn

Postby AuAgJohn » Mon Nov 06, 2017

With the talk of backups on the other threads, I was curious about the NEON wallet. Recently got some NEO and downloaded this wallet. I don't see an option to save a wallet.dat file for this like others. Is it not required for NEON? Just keeping multiple copies of your passphrase, encrypted key and private key is all you need? If your computer dies, just download the wallet on the new computer, use the private key and your coins are still there? Sorry for newb questions.

Silversaving

Postby Silversaving » Mon Nov 06, 2017

AuAgJohn wrote:With the talk of backups on the other threads, I was curious about the NEON wallet. Recently got some NEO and downloaded this wallet. I don't see an option to save a wallet.dat file for this like others. Is it not required for NEON? Just keeping multiple copies of your passphrase, encrypted key and private key is all you need? If your computer dies, just download the wallet on the new computer, use the private key and your coins are still there? Sorry for newb questions.

It's important to note that the NEON wallet is not the "official" NEO wallet. Thats the NEO-GUI. NEON is sort of a shortcut light wallet. With NEON you only have to have your private key. All your NEO is held on the blockchain. NEON just allows you to access it and move it around or whatever.

If you download the NEO-GUI you will have a full node wallet. In that case you will make a PW for it and have a .db3 file that you will save as a backup file on a flashdrive or wherever else if you ever lose your computer, etc.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Nov 08, 2017

Traded my remaining Ethereum for Neo. Not only because the latest Parity hack makes me nervous about ETH's market value, but because even without that factor I think Neo stands a much better chance of doubling its price, in time. $600 ETH? I very much doubt it. $50 Neo? Perhaps. SImplified things yet again, just own Bitcoin and Neo now. Oh yeah, and some Tezos which I'm not holding my breath for.

Silversaving

Postby Silversaving » Wed Nov 08, 2017

Just have to wait out this fork BS. Then I expect a lot of news to be released and a large increase in price. I've stopped selling my GAS as well waiting for the inevitable price bump to come. I know they are holding off on announcing the JPN exchanges. They just spent a large amount of time down in Korea as well....no idea if that will pertain to anything upcoming.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Nov 08, 2017

Silversaving wrote:Just have to wait out this fork BS. Then I expect a lot of news to be released and a large increase in price. I've stopped selling my GAS as well waiting for the inevitable price bump to come. I know they are holding off on announcing the JPN exchanges. They just spent a large amount of time down in Korea as well....no idea if that will pertain to anything upcoming.

This is my feeling as well. If the team is doing this strategically and waiting until after the fork, that is even smarter. Many teams just release news whenever it happens without thinking about the rest of the overall crypto market. Not wise. Let the fork play out, re-establish the dominant chain, steady the market, and then... boom. Let's fly.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Nov 08, 2017

Long John wrote:Traded my remaining Ethereum for Neo.

Pure accident, no idea money would pour back into alts the next day from the BTC fork being canceled. Neo up 20% over yesterday in BTC terms. :clap:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Nov 09, 2017

Long John wrote:
Long John wrote:Traded my remaining Ethereum for Neo.

Pure accident, no idea money would pour back into alts the next day from the BTC fork being canceled. Neo up 20% over yesterday in BTC terms. :clap:

Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good. I still see NEO doing a lot of good things from here. It is one of the few that I rarely sell, partially because that GAS reward makes it so difficult to part with, as one watches their balance grow.

Silversaving

Postby Silversaving » Thu Nov 09, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:
Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good. I still see NEO doing a lot of good things from here. It is one of the few that I rarely sell, partially because that GAS reward makes it so difficult to part with, as one watches their balance grow.

When I first started in Crypto back in the dark ages (aka Feb of this year) I thought the dream was to buy some btc or other coins, watch them shoot up in price, and sell it all off and make a lot of money.

NEO's opened my eyes to the real dream though: Never selling my crypto asserts and being able to live comfortably off of just the dividends (in this case GAS). I currently make as much per week in GAS dividends as I do working full time as a city operator. Never would have thought such a thing was possible.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Nov 09, 2017

Silversaving wrote:NEO's opened my eyes to the real dream though: Never selling my crypto asserts and being able to live comfortably off of just the dividends (in this case GAS).

Some seem to regard that philosophy as an absolute. Never sell crypto, never sell dividends (which are, after all, more crypto). I guess the idea is to be a HODLing long bull until their dying day. At which time, unless they believe their crypto balance will follow them to heaven, it is to be hoped they have made arrangements for someone to benefit from their holdings, since they never did. Personally I plan to set my wife up with cash, not crypto wallet passwords.

grantwoodisgold

Postby grantwoodisgold » Fri Nov 17, 2017

is this the beginning of a parabolic move or another pump and dump?

$36.89 (27.46%)
0.00473732 BTC (27.10%)

:pop:
"SAUSAGE FLAVORED MEAT PELLETS, GRADE D BUT EDIBLE"
"Better 1 or 2 years early than 1 day late"

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Nov 17, 2017

grantwoodisgold wrote:is this the beginning of a parabolic move or another pump and dump?

$36.89 (27.46%)
0.00473732 BTC (27.10%)

I have a harder time selling NEO than any other coin. Realizing my own internal bias, and behavioral economics is an interesting case study in this crypto. With a PoS coin like PIVX I was still able to sell it on peaks and buy dips without issue. But with NEO, because the "dividend" one earns is GAS and not the coin itself (NEO) like it is with a PoS coin, that creates a slightly different mentality somehow.

The question is how does the NEO community differ from my thoughts based on how much of a holding one owns? I imagine if somebody doesn't get at least 1 GAS per week, they may not get the same rewarding feeling and are tempted to sell sooner - or perhaps not? It's an interesting question anyway.

grantwoodisgold

Postby grantwoodisgold » Fri Nov 17, 2017

thanks SilverDoge for the reply :thumbup:

NEO has whipsawed my emotions more than i want to admit in our short relationship :shock:
"SAUSAGE FLAVORED MEAT PELLETS, GRADE D BUT EDIBLE"
"Better 1 or 2 years early than 1 day late"

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Fri Nov 17, 2017

grantwoodisgold wrote:is this the beginning of a parabolic move or another pump and dump?

$36.89 (27.46%)
0.00473732 BTC (27.10%)

There's supposedly some "big news" coming in 3 days, whatever that means.

captainpooby

Postby captainpooby » Sat Nov 18, 2017

Being happy is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but no one can feel the warmth except you.

ImageImage

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Nov 18, 2017

Fabio wrote:There's supposedly some "big news" coming in 3 days, whatever that means.

Perhaps this: https://neonewstoday.com/development/onchain-announce-ontology-a-distributed-trust-network-on-neocontract/

On a sad note, one of the DBET founders had his NEO stolen. He logged on using his private password into his wallet software on a public wifi. Some hacker must have been watching and saw the proper files and emptied him out. He didn't say how much but I'm sure he had thousands of NEO as he made the NEO call at about $1. Very unfortunate, but a lesson learned in security. Hardware wallet, or offline. Don't be carrying large balances on mobile devices connecting to wifi and plugging in your passwords.

Silversaving

Postby Silversaving » Sat Nov 18, 2017

Life is pretty good right now. Congrats to all you hodlers.

Let's see what the next 3 days bring. I've had TA "experts" quoting me numbers all over the place. Sure would be nice to say I'm a crypto millionaire even if only for a day.

PineStagger

Postby PineStagger » Sat Nov 18, 2017

Congrats.
This was the moment I have been waiting for.
My arms are sore for the bags of Neo I'm holding and glad to see it rise.

Looking forward to whatever news to be shared on Monday.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Nov 18, 2017

Long John wrote:Traded my remaining Ethereum for Neo. Not only because the latest Parity hack makes me nervous about ETH's market value, but because even without that factor I think Neo stands a much better chance of doubling its price, in time. $600 ETH? I very much doubt it. $50 Neo? Perhaps.

10 days and it hasn't quite doubled, but close enough. Unlike Travis, I have no qualms about taking profits on Neo. Maybe because I was so active trading the swings earlier this year. I don't want to wait on $50 and possibly miss this profit. So that ETH trade 10 days ago brought me up to roughly 1340 Neo. I'm content with 1000 for $50 and beyond, so the rest is now converted to BTC. Even with Bitcoin above $7600, the Neo ratio today is great compared to recently. Thank you very much, Neo, and I hope you go much higher.

Return to “Bitcoin”