Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Altima

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby Altima » Thu Sep 28, 2017

That could explain the spike in ADX. Kinda bummed out I sold my position in ADX :oops:
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Sep 28, 2017

Altima wrote:That could explain the spike in ADX. Kinda bummed out I sold my position in ADX :oops:

Still early enough to get back in.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Thu Sep 28, 2017

We're back in the red again, because Korea's turn for FUD. They just released banning of ICO' from all languages and countries.

NEO is back down again.. Friggin Long John is good with NEO!!

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Fri Sep 29, 2017

silverpv wrote:We're back in the red again, because Korea's turn for FUD. They just released banning of ICO' from all languages and countries.

NEO is back down again.. Friggin Long John is good with NEO!!

Friggin Long John still has a modest (compared to SilverSaving) bag of Neo and is in the same boat with the rest of you. Just about everything is red tonight. CMC is down about $7 billion from when I looked this morning.

But Neo is still double from where it plummeted. Red compared to yesterday, but plenty green when you zoom out.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Sep 30, 2017

Things are looking good in NeoLand today. :thumbup:

Silversaving

Postby Silversaving » Sat Sep 30, 2017

Long John wrote:Things are looking good in NeoLand today. :thumbup:

GAS is rediculous...in the $30s now

PineStagger

Postby PineStagger » Sun Oct 01, 2017

Happy Days!

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Fri Oct 06, 2017

OK all of you NEO bulls, I have a couple of questions. I've just finished reading all 19 pages in this thread.

1) NEO (Antshares) has been out for 2 years, and has only 1 DAPP. Qtum has been out for 7 months, hit all of it's milestones, and has 4 DAPPs. What justifies the price for NEO?

2) All this talk about NEO becoming the "Chinese Ethereum" is total BS. Same goes for Qtum. The Chi-comms will send out a delegation to review the application, they will praise it highly, but at the end of the day, China will develop their own blockchain.

From my observation, NEO is just smoke and mirrors. What am I missing here?

Disclosure: I own Qtum. Qtum is on SpaceChain.

http://www.spacechain.com/index_EN.html#about
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

Silversaving

Postby Silversaving » Sat Oct 07, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:OK all of you NEO bulls, I have a couple of questions. I've just finished reading all 19 pages in this thread.

1) NEO (Antshares) has been out for 2 years, and has only 1 DAPP. Qtum has been out for 7 months, hit all of it's milestones, and has 4 DAPPs. What justifies the price for NEO?

2) All this talk about NEO becoming the "Chinese Ethereum" is total BS. Same goes for Qtum. The Chi-comms will send out a delegation to review the application, they will praise it highly, but at the end of the day, China will develop their own blockchain.

Guess I'll take a swing at this.

1) NEO/Antshares is Chinas oldest blockchain. They have had a dedicated team working on this for YEARS. This isn't a cut/paste with a few additions like QTUM. NEO uses dBTF, not PoW or PoS. This allows for MUCH fast transaction. ETH can handle something like 10 tx/sec, NEO can do 25,000/sec. This means no log jams or ICO slowdowns and also means it's much more ready for mainstream adoption. NEO (via their company Onchain) are working (and have been working for a year) with China's regulators to craft rules/laws for the country. There literally is not a blockchain in the world more compliant for what China wants to do then NEO. Remember when QTUM was trying to say they were China's Ethereum ....and then recently came out and said they were backing off the China market and changing their strategy to a more global product? What happened? My "guess" is they figured out or were told it wasn't happening in China. NEO has a HUGE advantage because of Onchain. They have all the connections. Their corporate branch has done private blockchain solutions for the likes of Ali Baba and other large corporations. The idea is to tie in all their paid private blockchains and run them though NEO (think of it as private=intranet, NEO=internet). Ok, now lets talk about who else believe in NEO. China’s LARGEST private conglomerate, Fosun, has bought a stake in Onchain (and thus NEO their public project). To put it in an American context, would Buffett and berkshire hathaway invest in something they didn't think was going to make them a lot of money?

On to Dapps. These are great and NEO will have a ton, but it is not a focus now. They are focusing on languages first. Ethereum (and thus QTUM) requires developers to learn to program with Solidity. NEO, on the other hand, will support almost all programming languages via a compiler, including those on Microsoft.net, Java, Kotlin, Go and Python, greatly lowering the difficulty for developers to write smart contracts. I did see CoZ has a Dapp competition going with something ridiculous like a 10k GAS prize (currently $287,000 prize). Sure we'll see some nice ones in the near future.

2.) I hate the "Chinese Ethereum" tag as well. People knowledgeable in NEO hate it because NEO is sooo much more then what ETH can offer. What ETH can do is just a small part of what NEO will do. Stuff like NeoX, NeoQ, NeoFS, NeoMessage, the list goes on and on.

In closing I'll first say there's likely nobody on this forum that has put in the hundreds upon hundreds of hours researching that I have. NEO is the farthest thing from "smoke and mirrors" you can get. You might not know this but NEO has zero budgeted for promotional crap. Unlike QTUM who was paying bittrex to advertise a project that didn't even have a blockchain yet, NEO has always let their actual work do the talking. You'll likely get a chuckle out of this but I believe just as much in NEO as you do in Bitcoin. It's almost criminally undervalued at the moment in the wake of all the China FUD. That will clear up after the Oct 18th Communist meeting. Oh, and speaking of "China coin" should they ever make one, most say it will be a USDT like clone pegging the Yuan to their "coin". Because they need to have their "coin" to have a monetary value. NEO is not that, it's a platform (and a lot more) for the smart economy.

Hope that helps some, I could write for days on this but hopefully this gives you an idea anyway. I forgot all about talking about GAS...uggg! Literally too much to talk about. I recommend highly the NEO slack channel if you have time. If you have the opportunity, talk to "afong". He's a CoZ council member and one smart cookie. Can answer any question you have and a lot you haven't thought of. Avoid reddit....it's just drivel with tiny pockets of actual information.

Disclosure: I own a large amount of NEO and a small amount of QTUM.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sat Oct 07, 2017

Thank you for a well written reply. I'm still trying to understand NEO, and I appreciate your response.

Silversaving

I've seen some GREAT explanations on it (can't remember where now). If I come across something again I'll try and remember to post it here. I'll admit I'm not the best at explaining things.

Silversaving

This article is a bit over a month old but gives you and idea of what NEO is a part of. This focuses on Onchain, their parent company. But they are one and the same as NEO is just the public chain for Onchain.

https://hackernoon.com/neo-onchain-and-its-ultimate-plan-dna-4c33e9b6bfaa

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Oct 07, 2017

Silversaving wrote:Guess I'll take a swing at this ...

I knew and hoped you would. I've taken the trouble to go beyond this thread to learn something about OnChain and Da Hongfei. But I would feel hypocritical as an advocate, my interest being admittedly mercenary. I'm rather fond of Neo, as I have been able to use it to significantly improve my Bitcoin position. Next time it crashes, if there is a next time, I won't hesitate to do so again. I can sum up my research into Neo by saying I know it is not a shitcoin, that there is a substantial business structure and plan behind it with government support, and if FUD or other market forces drive it down, that is more Bitcoin in my pocket because it will come back.

DIsclosure: I hold a modest (compared to SS) amount of Neo off-exchange, but have bought and sold thousands more through the up ad down cycles. As for Quantum, I have traded it but don't currently own any. I kinda wish I did, given its volume surge since the last time I touched it, but it did its part. Can't own a piece of everything. Though at one time I tried :lol: and would be better off if I hadn't.

Smoke and mirrors. Substitute "Bitcoin" for "Neo" and that was me, 9 or 10 months ago. Bitcoin at $1000 was smoke and mirrors, how could it be justified? :lol:

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Long John wrote:
Silversaving wrote:Guess I'll take a swing at this ...

I knew and hoped you would.

You have both increased my interest in Qtum. I can't see a valid use-case for NEO at this time, and neither of you have given any insight for something to occur. This is not meant to be criticism, and I wish you the best in your investment in NEO. Thank you both for answering my questions.

I'm going to pass on NEO, primarily because I buy at the IPO/ICO prices. Thank you for answering my questions.
Last edited by Bucketeer on Sat Oct 07, 2017, edited 2 times in total.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

I will be monitoring this topic.

: radio silence :

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Oct 07, 2017

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Oct 07, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:OK all of you NEO bulls, I have a couple of questions. I've just finished reading all 19 pages in this thread.

My philosophy: own both. SilverSaving knows the most about NEO on this forum, so I will let his expertise speak for itself on this one. NEO has been one of my best performers that I wasn't early enough to get in on the ICO.

Silversaving

Postby Silversaving » Sun Oct 08, 2017

Red Pulse, the first ICO run on the NEO blockchain, just finished up it's ICO this morning. Sold out extremely fast. The first hour, KYC approved applicants could only send a max of 27 NEO to buy in. Even with Chinese and US citizens being banned from participating, 2/3 of the ICO sold out on the first hour. At the start of the 2nd hour when that small cap was removed, I tried to add another 1k NEO 30 seconds in but was too late and the ICO had sold out.

Also, just saw this article if anyone is into chart stuff https://www.valemount.io/trading-update-103/

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sun Oct 08, 2017

Long John wrote:... and if FUD or other market forces drive it down, that is more Bitcoin in my pocket because it will come back.

Not a crash exactly, more a case of Bitcoin leaving the alts behind. But I just bought a bag in the low 68000's, which of course was not the bottom. Now just need the part about coming back to happen. Not going to while BTC is surging like this, I think.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Mon Oct 09, 2017

Long John wrote:... I just bought a bag in the low 68000's, which of course was not the bottom.

That was something of an understatement. It dropped all the way to almost 550K sats ($26.40) before recovering to the 600K range. Neo has plenty of company: almost every alt is bleeding vs BTC. If you're holding Bitcoin too, things are brighter. BTC is knocking at $4800's door at this hour.

Return to “Bitcoin”