Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby silverpv » Mon Sep 25, 2017

Looks like we're on another run

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Mon Sep 25, 2017

silverpv wrote:Looks like we're on another run

Got up over 640K briefly ($25+) and dropped back. Hopefully catching its breath, but also BTC is climbing back over $3900. Tough to keep up.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Sep 25, 2017

Seriously, who doesn't love NEO! I keep buying those dips and it is paying off. Just earning my Gas in my Neon v5 wallet.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Mon Sep 25, 2017

Silversummit wrote:
silverpv wrote:
Long John wrote:
Silversummit wrote:ฉันได้พยายามที่จะเรียนรู้ที่จะอ่านและเขียนเป็นเวลา 3 ปีและยังคงเหม็นไม่พร้อมที่จะทำงานภาษาอื่น lmao

Google Translate thought that was Thai until it got to "lmao" ... That's a stumper!

That's pretty good. Do you actually speak?

I went there in 2013 and hope to retire there. I can speak enough to communicate but no where near being good. Tonal language really is a pain but with a lot of practice I'll get it .

very cool. Keep practicing many foreigners speak better than I do.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Mon Sep 25, 2017

There have been reports that Neo is being made available on at least one Korean exchange, but I haven't seen a confirmation.

Silversaving

Postby Silversaving » Mon Sep 25, 2017

Long John wrote:There have been reports that Neo is being made available on at least one Korean exchange, but I haven't seen a confirmation.

That is correct. Also remember we are likely two week from "2 of the top 3" JPN exchanges adding NEO.

Here's a link for your Korean news: https://www.reddit.com/r/NEO/comments/72b3l4/first_korean_exchange/

And more importantly to me, korea's #1 app Kakao launches upbit.com in partnership with Bittrex - crypto trading app! (Neo will be listed)...they have over 100M users...
https://upbit.com/home

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Mon Sep 25, 2017

I sold half of my NEO, thinking I could buy a bit cheaper... ooops

Oh well, at least I have BTC now.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Tue Sep 26, 2017

Fabio wrote:I sold half of my NEO, thinking I could buy a bit cheaper... ooops

You still might. This currency has been on a wild rollercoaster ride, from $6 when I bought my first batch, up into the $50s, and down to less than $14. It's at about $26 now, and I honestly have no clue if it will be half of that or double that in a week. Guess it depends what somebody at the People's Bank of China decides to leak. But hopefully the worst of that impact is over and it will be mostly positive news now. As has been noted, Neo is sold in Korea now, Japan next. I'm sure they're liking the idea of buying a Chinese currency that the Chinese people can't buy.

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday I was considering selling my exchange Neo at 0.00540 BTC because it felt like it took forever to get back above 0.00500. Tonight a sell order hit at 0.0675 and if the next one hits at 0.00725 I would not be surprised.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Tue Sep 26, 2017

Long John wrote:Tonight a sell order hit at 0.0675 and if the next one hits at 0.00725 I would not be surprised.

It did and I'm not surprised. :clap: Neo is now roughly double what it was when it cratered. This has been a very lucrative coin, not even counting the Gas. We just had to wait out a rough stretch.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Sep 27, 2017

My NEO & QRL are having a duel to see who can be #1 in my cryptofolio. I love them both so I am rooting for a dual victory.

Does it pain me to say that the best crypto call on this forum was made, NOT by me?!?!? Not at all :lol: NEO to the moon! Imagine when there are a hundred dApps running on NEO. We are just getting warmed up

Silversaving

Postby Silversaving » Wed Sep 27, 2017

I'm certainly glad it's headed north again....but really just enjoying these Gas rewards. Traditional stock dividends just cant compare. I get over $100 every single day for doing nothing but holding my NEO. Still boggles my mind. Anyway, glad so many of you have a position in this. 3-4 months out this thing is going to be insane as thing like NEOX and Dapps start appearing.

Silversaving

Postby Silversaving » Wed Sep 27, 2017

Just keeps rising...$31 as I type this.

Been a hell of an experience for me. I've seen the highs, then held through the lows, now riding the tide up again. Crypto is not for the faint of heart.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Sep 27, 2017

The final sell order on my "crater" Neo filled at 775k sats. The others were 725 and 675. Sure I'll regret not waiting if it keeps on mooning (almost 800 as I speak), but this is Neo bought in the 445-470 range. Can't be too greedy. BTC is the bigger picture for me, with a bigger picture beyond that. Now that I'm down to my gas-earning Neo, I can sit back and enjoy the ride. Buckle up!

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Sep 27, 2017

I admit the temptation exists to lock in some NEO profits (to USDT or BTC?) and try to pick up some more if/when she dips again. Unfortunately, I've been on the wrong end of that before where it didn't dip down hard enough to make it work out. The big dips previously happened due to the China bans, but now we have this comeback without any positive China news. Imagine if some solid China news did come out? Moon-shot. Therefore, I'm rolling the dice and sticking with my NEO.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Sep 27, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:I admit the temptation exists to lock in some NEO profits (to USDT or BTC?) ... I'm rolling the dice and sticking with my NEO.

BTC profit, not dollars. I was talking only about Neo I picked up in the crash for the sole purpose of selling back into BTC at this point (which at the time I think all of us were not sure would ever come). I still have my pre-crash Neo, plus a little more. :thumbup: 822k or $33.50 as I type! Caution: There's bound to be a selloff at some point.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Sep 28, 2017

I think there was a recent reduction in the GAS generation rate. According to the old calculator, https://neotogas.com/ it used to take about 3,005 NEO to generate 1 GAS per day. Now it appears to be about 5,590. That is close to double the amount needed to stay at 1 GAS per day emission. I thought the rate was only dropping by 12.5%? Based on this stat sheet: https://i.redd.it/g6uv1oss5t6z.jpg

Thoughts?

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Thu Sep 28, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:I think there was a recent reduction in the GAS generation rate. According to the old calculator, https://neotogas.com/ it used to take about 3,005 NEO to generate 1 GAS per day. Now it appears to be about 5,590. That is close to double the amount needed to stay at 1 GAS per day emission. I thought the rate was only dropping by 12.5%? Based on this stat sheet: https://i.redd.it/g6uv1oss5t6z.jpg

Thoughts?

My thought is that sucks! Must look into this.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Sep 28, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:I think there was a recent reduction in the GAS generation rate. According to the old calculator, https://neotogas.com/ it used to take about 3,005 NEO to generate 1 GAS per day. Now it appears to be about 5,590. That is close to double the amount needed to stay at 1 GAS per day emission. I thought the rate was only dropping by 12.5%? Based on this stat sheet: https://i.redd.it/g6uv1oss5t6z.jpg

Thoughts?

Is that right? I haven't looked inside the wallet for awhile and I can't until later. Well, I guess it's hard to complain about getting less free stuff than before. Umm, no it's not. I protest! :x

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Thu Sep 28, 2017

I definitely protest as I don't have any. :lol: Just bought a few more QTUM and only 6 more days to the change over from the Tokens to the Coins. Up or Down, Up or Down.
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image Image Image

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Sep 28, 2017

For all those NEO fans out there, I recently learned about the first dApp that will be running on NEO. Interestingly it will also be a competitor to BAT. It is called AdEx (ADX). Apparently the initial official announcement was in August, even though their white paper mentioned that they might port over to NEO at some point.

Here are a few articles highlighting this:

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@hypetrain/adex-will-be-the-first-decentralized-app-on-neo

https://steemit.com/btc/@revnissan/adex-and-why-im-in-a-long-hold-position

https://cryptocanucks.com/head-head-basic-attention-token-bat-adex-adx/

While I do like BAT, and the brave browser (for mobile), I do concede that the idea of getting people to switch browsers is not an easy task. Perhaps ADX will be able to exploit this fact and make headway into the market while using NEO. Anyway, I just picked some up recently and thought NEO holders should know.

Return to “Bitcoin”