Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Sep 24, 2017

Silversummit wrote:Never saw this guy before, but I stumbled on this video today and thought I'd share it. He does some thorough and interesting research on NEO.

One great point he made that I hadn't really thought about before is that because NEO isn't divisible, and you can only hold whole numbers of NEO, it limits the number of people who can be holders. You can't have thousands of people owning .05 NEO or something like you see in many other coins. A person needs to acquire at least 1 whole NEO. Now the gas is still divisible - which is good and necessary due to its function of powering transactions. But the ownership, voting rights, and gas dividends that NEO holders have will be limited (technically to 100 million holders if everybody only had exactly 1 NEO). In reality, if each NEO holder had 500 NEO, that is only 200,000 people that will/can own NEO. Of course everyone doesn't own 500 but on average that could be close.

Silversaving

Postby Silversaving » Sun Sep 24, 2017

Another thing to keep in mind: We all know you get gas payouts for holding NEO for 22 years till the full 100M gas is available. But GAS never goes away, it is recycled in the NEO system with each contract and transaction. Holders of NEO will always get a percentage of this gas as an additional payout. The bigger then network gets, the more companies use the NEO platform, the more GAS NEO holders will get rewarded.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Silversaving wrote:Another thing to keep in mind: We all know you get gas payouts for holding NEO for 22 years till the full 100M gas is available. But GAS never goes away, it is recycled in the NEO system with each contract and transaction. Holders of NEO will always get a percentage of this gas as an additional payout. The bigger then network gets, the more companies use the NEO platform, the more GAS NEO holders will get rewarded.

And this is all NEO holders right? Not just the bookkeepers?

Also, this begins as soon as transactions start on the NEO blockchain - not just after the 22 years - right? And do we know the date that year 1 ends and year 2 begins?

Finally, is there a way to differentiate the gas I'm actively receiving as a NEO holder, and the gas I'm receiving based on network transactions somehow in my wallet? So I can see what percentage is coming from each?

Silversaving

Postby Silversaving » Sun Sep 24, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:
Silversaving wrote:Another thing to keep in mind: We all know you get gas payouts for holding NEO for 22 years till the full 100M gas is available. But GAS never goes away, it is recycled in the NEO system with each contract and transaction. Holders of NEO will always get a percentage of this gas as an additional payout. The bigger then network gets, the more companies use the NEO platform, the more GAS NEO holders will get rewarded.

And this is all NEO holders right? Not just the bookkeepers?

Also, this begins as soon as transactions start on the NEO blockchain - not just after the 22 years - right? And do we know the date that year 1 ends and year 2 begins?

Finally, is there a way to differentiate the gas I'm actively receiving as a NEO holder, and the gas I'm receiving based on network transactions somehow in my wallet? So I can see what percentage is coming from each?

I don't have the documents in front of me, but the way it was explained to me is that there will be 2 "fees" for transactions on the blockchain. One will go to bookkeepers and the other to NEO holders (they are named different things).

This will begin as soon as there are fees for using the blockchain. Right now, since things are not fully implemented, there are 0 fees for using NEO. You can send stuff to different addresses all day and never incur any fee, you'll still have your starting amount after 10000 transactions. That will change coming up.

I can't remeber the exact day but I believe it's sometime in October (or next month) that we start year 2. That's also the date that up to 15M NEO will be unlocked for the Devs.

Right now 100% of the gas you are receiving is from the planned GAS distribution into the network. Unsure if there will be an app/website that will show percentages in future. We just aren't that far along yet

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Silversaving wrote:I can't remember the exact day but I believe it's sometime in October (or next month) that we start year 2.

According to this graph here https://i.redd.it/g6uv1oss5t6z.jpg it looks like there will be a 12.5% decrease in gas emission in year 2 from year 1. Not too bad really.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Sun Sep 24, 2017

Long John wrote:
silverpv wrote:
Long John wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:Make sure you claim your gas first! :clap:

The Neo that I would sell back into BTC, I don't have set up to earn gas. It's on the exchange. My core Neo position off-exchange is not huge, 1200 tokens, and it earns something like 2.2 gas per week. What's that worth now, $32 or so per week. Nice for something that's just sitting there, but not enough to get amped up about. I'd need a much bigger bag to be really lucrative, and that could only have happened if I got in very early, which I did not.

That's a pretty sizeable stash of NEO. You've done well with that, cycling in and out to pick up that much.

I've been down to zero Neo a couple times, through trading the swings. Never felt comfortable there and bought back when the price dropped. My goal was to put 1000 in the Neo wallet (later the Neon 0.0.5 wallet) and any extra stayed on Bittrex to work the volatility and increase my BTC. Next to Ethereum earlier this year, Neo has been my best tool for doing that. :thumbup: Until the China situation, where it was all buy and no sell. I wound up with 1200 in the wallet and way too much cheap Neo on Bittrex, waiting for it to climb out of the crash. I'd like to see it much higher, but maybe 535-540K is a more realistic sell target in the present circumstances. Not ideal, but not a bad BTC scalp on Neo bought at 470 or less.

That's actually pretty awesome... :clap:

silverpv
Gold Supporter

The only thing that concerns me about this is that we all know China doesn't like the capital outflows of national currency. Da Hongfei has mentioned casually that many of the investors/holders of NEO are outside of China. We'll see if this becomes an issue if a lot of gas and neo are held by outside China and if the gov't might make moves to change that. Because with the current implementation, beneficiaries wouldn't be in china and china doesn't usually like that.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

silverpv wrote:

The only thing that concerns me about this is that we all know China doesn't like the capital outflows of national currency. Da Hongfei has mentioned casually that many of the investors/holders of NEO are outside of China. We'll see if this becomes an issue if a lot of gas and neo are held by outside China and if the gov't might make moves to change that. Because with the current implementation, beneficiaries wouldn't be in china and china doesn't usually like that.

Let's just not say anything and maybe we can pretend like us Westerners don't have any NEO. :shh:

The Bittrex trading volume might give us away though.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sun Sep 24, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:Let's just not say anything and maybe we can pretend like us Westerners don't have any NEO. :shh:

也许我们都应该会说中文

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Long John wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:Let's just not say anything and maybe we can pretend like us Westerners don't have any NEO. :shh:

也许我们都应该会说中文

Lol you guys are funny.. :)

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

silverpv wrote:
Long John wrote:

也许我们都应该会说中文

Lol you guys are funny.. :)

這可能需要很長時間才能學習 ;)

Long John
Turtle Supporter

SilverDoge wrote:[這可能需要很長時間才能學習 ;)

Well, you're always saying you're "long" ... Plenty of time! :lol:

Silversummit
Turtle Supporter

Postby Silversummit » Sun Sep 24, 2017

ฉันได้พยายามที่จะเรียนรู้ที่จะอ่านและเขียนเป็นเวลา 3 ปีและยังคงเหม็นไม่พร้อมที่จะทำงานภาษาอื่น lmao

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Silversummit wrote:ฉันได้พยายามที่จะเรียนรู้ที่จะอ่านและเขียนเป็นเวลา 3 ปีและยังคงเหม็นไม่พร้อมที่จะทำงานภาษาอื่น lmao

Google Translate thought that was Thai until it got to "lmao" ... That's a stumper!

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Mon Sep 25, 2017

Long John wrote:
Silversummit wrote:ฉันได้พยายามที่จะเรียนรู้ที่จะอ่านและเขียนเป็นเวลา 3 ปีและยังคงเหม็นไม่พร้อมที่จะทำงานภาษาอื่น lmao

Google Translate thought that was Thai until it got to "lmao" ... That's a stumper!

That's pretty good. Do you actually speak?

Silversummit
Turtle Supporter

Postby Silversummit » Mon Sep 25, 2017

silverpv wrote:
Long John wrote:

That's pretty good. Do you actually speak?

I went there in 2013 and hope to retire there. I can speak enough to communicate but no where near being good. Tonal language really is a pain but with a lot of practice I'll get it .

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Sep 25, 2017

The co-founder of DBET made a long call on NEO (Antshares) over 3 months ago based on this article and other data. He is primarily a TA guy, but went long NEO at about $1 (or less?). I'd say he did well. Still holding too I think.

https://steemit.com/antshares/@revnissan/ans-antshares-and-why-im-in-a-long-hold-position

AuAgJohn

Postby AuAgJohn » Mon Sep 25, 2017

Silversaving wrote:In case any of you were still unsure as to why GAS rocketed. This is an investment newsletter, buried behind a $3k subscription paywall, that apparently has a good following.

https://www.docdroid.net/tbMFZcV/palm-beach-921.pdf#page=3

Thanks for posting. This makes it sounds like GAS is the way to go for a large return from this point on.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Sep 25, 2017

AuAgJohn wrote:
Silversaving wrote:In case any of you were still unsure as to why GAS rocketed. This is an investment newsletter, buried behind a $3k subscription paywall, that apparently has a good following.

https://www.docdroid.net/tbMFZcV/palm-beach-921.pdf#page=3

Thanks for posting. This makes it sounds like GAS is the way to go for a large return from this point on.

Gas has the "value" on the NEO blockchain as it is what will facilitate transactions, however NEO generates gas by holding the NEO, via an emission schedule, and by the transactions themselves. You could try to play them like a gold/silver ratio really. Right now, NEO is the better purchase, When gas is under 50% of the NEO price, perhaps gas is the better buy. My 2 sats.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Mon Sep 25, 2017

I'm glad I decided to sleep on selling my surplus Neo!

Edit: Closing in on 600K sats at 10:00 a.m. ET.

Return to “Bitcoin”