Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Silversaving

Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby Silversaving » Thu Aug 03, 2017

I've been told we need an "official" thread so here it is.

NEO is China's first ever original and open source public chain project, NEO serves as a smart assets platform. Smart assets are the combination of smart contract of blockchain and digital assets. NEO allows for a smarter way for assets registration, issuance, and circulation.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/neo_blockchain
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2057932.0
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NEOSmartEcon/
Slack: https://join.slack.com/t/neosmarteconomy/shared_invite/MjE3ODMxNDUzMDE1LTE1MDA4OTY3NDQtNTMwM2MyMTc2NA
GitHub: https://github.com/neo-project

Get Neo in Bittrex or Binance echanges (many other Chinese options)

Fair warning that I own a large chunk of this coin and my opinion generally sides with the team over others in the same space.

Silversaving

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Pulling this from the generic Alt Coin thread:

SilverDoge wrote:
Silversaving wrote:
Fabio wrote:
Silversaving wrote:NEO up 24% on the day to $10.50 Hope some of you are still riding this rocket with me.

Is it hold or sell and buy again at lower price? I was thinking of just holding until it hits the 3 figures mark, need to buy that midlife crises Porsche with ANS (NEO) :shh:

It depends how much of a gambler you are. There are multiple things going on right now causing the price move:

1.) on the 8th they are releasing smart contracts 2.0 which is a big deal. Smart contracts will be fully active on the improved network.

2.) NEO meetup in Japan https://www.meetup.com/NEO-tokyo-meetup/ The "big" news on this is the special guests attending:
Meetup special guest: Roger Ver (confirmed), Tomoaki Sato, Starbase (confirmed), Vitalik Buterin (pending on confirmation).
People speculating why the big boys are all attending.

3.) Third (though we already unofficially knew, NEO officially partnering with Chinese Certificate Autorities (thus hte reason I've never been worried about QTUM...China is all about relationships between businesses and government and NEO has all the inroads) https://twitter.com/NEO_Blockchain/status/893147595274690560

All of these factors leading to a big spike in prices. I expect them to stay high till the 8th....after that it could be a case of buy rumor/sell news...but who knows.

You need to start a thread for NEO!

Thanks for all this info. Where do you store your NEO currently? You can respond in your newly created NEO thread.

I currently keep mine on the official neo-gui found on GitHub. However I have heard VERY good things about the new CoZ wallet "Neon" that came out a week or so ago. It's very user friendly and folks seem to like it better (don't have link on me at the moment)

Silversaving

I guess I should also talk about CoZ. So NEO is open sourced. ANYONE can just start using NEO to program or develop with. CoZ stands for "City of Zion" and represents a group of Western coders that have taken up the cause of developing needed things on NEO. They already released the NEON wallet, but they are working on many projects right now. They have their own github located here: https://github.com/CityOfZion Don't quote me, but I believe last I heard there were over 30 developers working in the group so it's exciting times.

There are also other groups and talent taking up NEO to build their products around. It's only going to get bigger, faster. It's expected NEO will also have Dapps running on it by the end of the year.

Basically: lot of talented people moving in and creating lots of cool stuff. Future looks bright.

Silversaving

Silversummit wrote:Here is a NEO/ Anrshares co-founder interview from yesterday if you're interested in what he has to say.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gA5X69YY3yY

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so a video should be worth a bit more then that. Recent interview of Co-founder Da HongFei explaining NEO and what's going on with them. Highly recommended.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Aug 03, 2017

Excellent. Great start here. I need to acquire more for sure.

So this is a staking coin as well? Can you tell us your success on staking?

Silversaving

SilverDoge wrote:Excellent. Great start here. I need to acquire more for sure.

So this is a staking coin as well? Can you tell us your success on staking?

Much like how NEM passively stakes offline, When you own NEO you passively gain Gas (formerly called Antcoin) by leaving it in your wallet. The Neo-gui and new Neon wallet both allow you to collect gas. You DO NOT need to be online (as in the case of PIVX) to accumulate gas. You can literally shut off your computer for a month and it will collect for you as fast as being online 24/7. Also, the new Binance exchange now offers you your daily gas to it's own wallet address there if you have NEO deposited with them. That's super handy.

Currently the price of Gas/Antcoin is ~$ 2.43 https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/antcoin/
I have a a bit shy of 12k NEO and generate around 5ish Gas per day (thus I get a free $12-$13 daily...not bad right?)

One last thing to note is Gas/Antcoin is currently hard to get for "Westerners" as it's only traded on a few Chinese exchanges. This will change soon. Binance will open a Gas trading pair with BTC on the 7th of this month. Speculation is that this will raise the price of the coins in the short term as Westerners accumulate them. The reason? You need 1000 Gas to start a "book keeper node" with NEO (which is it's own separate topic but gives you additional gas rewards for keeping the network secure)

For reference, Gas is MORE limited then NEO currently. End game there will be 100M NEO and 100M Gas. But currently there is 50M NEO in circulation (soon to be 60M) but only (don't quote me here) something like 9M Gas. This is because over the FULL lifetime of the blockchain, 1 NEO will generate 1 Gas. Remeber that NEO is shares in the technology/voting rights/generates Gas, and Gas is the engine that makes it go. So I'm honestly in the dark at where speculation may take the price of Gas.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Fri Aug 04, 2017

very nice.. i come back and there's a neo thread! nice!

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Aug 04, 2017

Silversaving wrote: I have a a bit shy of 12k NEO and generate around 5ish Gas per day (thus I get a free $12-$13 daily...not bad right?)

Holy Batman!

Now that is what I'm talking about. Believing in a project, investing with some serious balls early on, and hanging with it. You are being rewarded generously my friend for your perseverance and grit. This is how one makes money in the crypto space. And just by holding, you're making an annual return of over $4k (at today's pricing) in just dividends. Talk about beating a money market account :lol:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

In the last 24 hours, here are the top 10 cryptos (from within the top 100) in performance. Note that both NEO and QTUM have excellent volume. It is one thing to have 20% or more gains on low volume under $100k, but to get that kind of price increase on that large trading volume is really nice. Bravo to these two moving forward.

Top 10.png
Top 10.png (176.71 KiB) Viewed 814 times

Silversaving

Postby Silversaving » Fri Aug 04, 2017

I've been surprised all day at how Qtum and NEO have been moving in parallel. No idea why I understand why NOE is moving but havent been paying enough attention to Qtum to know why it's matching. Guess I got more reading up to do

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Silversaving wrote:I've been surprised all day at how Qtum and NEO have been moving in parallel. No idea why I understand why NOE is moving but havent been paying enough attention to Qtum to know why it's matching. Guess I got more reading up to do

The founder did some media national interviews, which may be helping. Both projects are still fairly under the radar, and China is such a huge market. The opportunity is large. My problem is letting these 2 take up too much of a percentage of my portfolio. A good problem to have perhaps.

Silversaving

SilverDoge wrote:
The founder did some media national interviews, which may be helping. Both projects are still fairly under the radar, and China is such a huge market. The opportunity is large. My problem is letting these 2 take up too much of a percentage of my portfolio. A good problem to have perhaps.

I've never been a big "diversifier". I know people swear by it, but I've made a lot of money by going all in or almost all in on a bunch of different coins I believed in. If these 2 are the ones your gut says are the best, then don't waste time or money on other projects that aren't as good in your eyes. You'll be happier and likely more profitable going with your gut. That's one thing I've learned.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Silversaving wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:

I've never been a big "diversifier". I know people swear by it, but I've made a lot of money by going all in or almost all in on a bunch of different coins I believed in. If these 2 are the ones your gut says are the best, then don't waste time or money on other projects that aren't as good in your eyes. You'll be happier and likely more profitable going with your gut. That's one thing I've learned.

But my gut really likes PIVX & QRL too. Those 4 are over 70% of my portfolio now.

Silversaving

SilverDoge wrote:
Silversaving wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
But my gut really likes PIVX & QRL too. Those 4 are over 70% of my portfolio now.

Damn, that is some serious belief hehe. No idea what to say. My crystal ball stopped working. Best I can say is I still think we are in a bull market so it might not even matter what you are in :P

Silversaving

I wanted to post this just so everyone is aware of it. First, I know NOTHING about it, if it's legit, how it will work, nothing!

But a few days back someone posted on the forums saying they were the developers of "NEOxd" What is that? Not sure. But they posted a spiffy website that shows a countdown http://neoxd.com/ and gave a small blurb which caused a few waves. Now remember NEO is open source so anyone can work with it...anyway here's the blurb:

Hello everyone. neoXD is a developer group focussed on NEO.

Our first project launch will be a multi-currency platform where users can buy and sell NEO without the need to use other cryptocurrencies.

On launch we are able to accept EUR, USD and GBP through our banking partner.

In the pipeline we are looking to integrate wallet functionality to allow users to store NEO and generate GAS.

So take that with a grain of salt. I personally think it's too good to be true. But should it "magically" turn out to be true, it will be a massive boost to the coin value. Imagine Pivx or Qtum or any alt coin having their own fiat gateway just to their coin. Just crazy to think about.

Silversaving

VERY nice short video explaining NEO I recommend folks watch:

https://vimeo.com/226637631

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Silversaving wrote:They have their own github located here: https://github.com/CityOfZion Don't quote me, but I believe last I heard there were over 30 developers working in the group so it's exciting times.

Silversaving wrote:I currently keep mine on the official neo-gui found on GitHub. However I have heard VERY good things about the new CoZ wallet "Neon" that came out a week or so ago. It's very user friendly and folks seem to like it better (don't have link on me at the moment)

Silversaving wrote:Much like how NEM passively stakes offline, When you own NEO you passively gain Gas (formerly called Antcoin) by leaving it in your wallet. The Neo-gui and new Neon wallet both allow you to collect gas. You DO NOT need to be online (as in the case of PIVX) to accumulate gas. You can literally shut off your computer for a month and it will collect for you as fast as being online 24/7. Also, the new Binance exchange now offers you your daily gas to it's own wallet address there if you have NEO deposited with them. That's super handy.

Currently the price of Gas/Antcoin is ~$ 2.43 https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/antcoin/
I have a a bit shy of 12k NEO and generate around 5ish Gas per day (thus I get a free $12-$13 daily...not bad right?)

Ok, so can I get either wallet then, and stake, and still get the NEO gas? I don't really want to hold on Binance (even though it is a cool feature), but in my own wallet that gets max stakes.

Are you on the slack channel?

Silversaving

SilverDoge wrote:Ok, so can I get either wallet then, and stake, and still get the NEO gas? I don't really want to hold on Binance (even though it is a cool feature), but in my own wallet that gets max stakes.

Are you on the slack channel?

Correct, if you have ANS/NEO in either wallet you will passively collect Gas at all times. Then you just claim them whenever you want and they go into your wallet as well.

I'm usually in the slack under trading or market or whatever it's called. But headed to bed right now.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Silversaving wrote: You need 1000 Gas to start a "book keeper node" with NEO (which is it's own separate topic but gives you additional gas rewards for keeping the network secure)

For reference, Gas is MORE limited then NEO currently. End game there will be 100M NEO and 100M Gas. But currently there is 50M NEO in circulation (soon to be 60M) but only (don't quote me here) something like 9M Gas. This is because over the FULL lifetime of the blockchain, 1 NEO will generate 1 Gas. Remeber that NEO is shares in the technology/voting rights/generates Gas, and Gas is the engine that makes it go. So I'm honestly in the dark at where speculation may take the price of Gas.

Okay, does this mean I need 1,000 NEO coins to get started on this book keeper node, or 1,000 ANC (AntCoin gas)? Or both? And do I need to send both 1,000 of these into my NEO wallet?

If I have over 1,000 NEO can I get the ANC easier or cheaper?

And what are the benefits to this book keeper node?

Silversaving

SilverDoge wrote:
Silversaving wrote:
Okay, does this mean I need 1,000 NEO coins to get started on this book keeper node, or 1,000 ANC (AntCoin gas)? Or both? And do I need to send both 1,000 of these into my NEO wallet?

If I have over 1,000 NEO can I get the ANC easier or cheaper?

And what are the benefits to this book keeper node?

Last I heard you needed 1k /gas (ANC) and enough votes (bookkeepers are voted in on the UI. We dont know exactly how it works yet because it hasn't happened yet. I'm just trying to have my ducks in a row for when they do start the whole process.

Return to “Bitcoin”