Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
grantwoodisgold
Gold Supporter

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby grantwoodisgold » Tue Feb 27, 2018

texmex66 wrote:...... Texmex66 Ratings issues a A++ for NEO. :D

good enough for me :thumbup:
"SAUSAGE FLAVORED MEAT PELLETS, GRADE D BUT EDIBLE"
"Better 1 or 2 years early than 1 day late"

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Tue Feb 27, 2018

texmex66 wrote:How bout Ontology airdrop for holders of NEO on 1 Mar? NEO pretty strong tonight regardless. Texmex66 Ratings issues a A++ for NEO. :D

The prospect of getting a free 0.2 ONT (worth ?) for every 1 NEO tomorrow didn't stop a huge selloff at about 2:45 a.m. eastern. It got up to almost .014 BTC, now under .013. Somebody thought selling at that level was worth more than the ONTs.

By the way, Binance supports the airdrop, but won't list ONT at this time (nobody does, even futures, that I can find). So it can't be traded until they do list it.

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Tue Feb 27, 2018

Long John wrote:
texmex66 wrote:How bout Ontology airdrop for holders of NEO on 1 Mar? NEO pretty strong tonight regardless. Texmex66 Ratings issues a A++ for NEO. :D

The prospect of getting a free 0.2 ONT (worth ?) for every 1 NEO tomorrow didn't stop a huge selloff at about 2:45 a.m. eastern. It got up to almost .014 BTC, now under .013. Somebody thought selling at that level was worth more than the ONTs.

By the way, Binance supports the airdrop, but won't list ONT at this time (nobody does, even futures, that I can find). So it can't be traded until they do list it.

THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING! :D

Hodling to accumulate GAS. ONT will be listed eventually somewhere lol or ill just keep in my COZ wallet along with my other NEO tokens. Why would Binance support and not list eventually? They dont want extra transaction fees?

Oh well will get it in my COZ wallet anyway, dont keep anything related to NEO on Binance. :thumbup:

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Tue Feb 27, 2018

texmex66 wrote: THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING! :D

OK, Sarcastic Chicken Little. :lol: Last week NEO was .011 BTC, so the current 0.13 is just fine with me. With or without GAS or ONT.

texmex66 wrote:Oh well will get it in my COZ wallet anyway, dont keep anything related to NEO on Binance. :thumbup:

It must be admitted that City of Zion is probably the coolest name in crypto. They've got this Matrix thing going on with Neo and Zion. When will we see Morpheus and Trinity? However, I'm engaged in a trading project that includes NEO, so keeping it tucked away offline isn't really an option. Binance pays the GAS, so I'm good with it.

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Tue Feb 27, 2018

Long John wrote:It must be admitted that City of Zion is probably the coolest name in crypto. They've got this Matrix thing going on with Neo and Zion. When will we see Morpheus and Trinity? However, I'm engaged in a trading project that includes NEO, so keeping it tucked away offline isn't really an option. Binance pays the GAS, so I'm good with it.

Trinity is already a thing: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/tr ... rk-credit/ it's a scaling solution for NEO (when it's needed I guess).

Morpheus, I believe is a thing or will be in the future, I think it's a wallet or something like that.

What I'm looking forward to is Agent Smith :pop:

"LiteCoin, the original shitcoin" - Fabio 2018

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Feb 28, 2018

Fabio wrote:Trinity is already a thing: it's a scaling solution for NEO (when it's needed I guess).

True, whenever Neo needed a scaling solution, he asked Trinity. Though the Frenchman's wife was eager and willing.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Mar 01, 2018

I did get 1 ONT deposited for every 10 NEO, though Binance isn't trading it yet. The same is supposed to be deposited again later, when MainNet is launched.

A pretty big selloff. I guess some folks were indeed in it for the ONT.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Mar 01, 2018

Long John wrote:I did get 1 ONT deposited for every 10 NEO, though Binance isn't trading it yet. The same is supposed to be deposited again later, when MainNet is launched.

Has this deposit already showed up somewhere? My understanding was it would be a few weeks before the physical drop, even after the snapshot.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Thu Mar 01, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
Long John wrote:I did get 1 ONT deposited for every 10 NEO, though Binance isn't trading it yet. The same is supposed to be deposited again later, when MainNet is launched.

Has this deposit already showed up somewhere? My understanding was it would be a few weeks before the physical drop, even after the snapshot.

ONT showed up in my Binance account but the Deposit and Withdrawal buttons are greyed out. The Trade button says No Trading Market.

joefro
Site Tech

Postby joefro » Thu Mar 01, 2018

Yeah the ONT token is not currently trading and has no value yet.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Mar 01, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:Has this deposit already showed up somewhere? My understanding was it would be a few weeks before the physical drop, even after the snapshot.

I was referring to Binance, I don't know about personal wallets. As noted, the ONT balance is there but you can't do anything with it. Since it has zero BTC value yet, you have to uncheck "Hide Small Assets" to see it. When I said "a pretty big selloff" I was referring to NEO after the snapshot, not ONT itself.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Mar 05, 2018

Looks like a FUD campaign against NEO on social media in the last 24 hours. Perhaps some people are upset about that A rating from Weiss? Even though I give those ratings zero credibility, it is cool to see NEO atop the list.

Atomic Ghost destroys some FUD here: https://medium.com/@AtomicGhost/a-store-of-butthurt-a-guide-to-neos-noisy-naysayer-66c528d13275

ByteSizeCaptial does an excellent job with the twitter FUD here: https://twitter.com/ByteSizeCapital/status/970472167761633280

And Fabio shows what is supposed to happen when a node is killed, with a quick video here:

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Mon Mar 05, 2018

I can't believe that idiot Charlie Lee tweeted what he tweeted, always hated the guy but now I hate him with a passion and I've come up with a new slogan for his sharty coin:

"LiteCoin, the original sh*t coin"

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Mon Mar 05, 2018

The points Atomic Ghost makes about the QTUM investor who's a serial NEO attacker has a familiar ring. Also the use of social media to steer public opinion to achieve a desired result. It's amazing how many people let Reddit, Twitter, Facebook etc. sway their opinions on things much more important than whether to dump their NEO. Many including some very high-profile people read social media and call it a day, no further information required, mindset locked. That is our culture now. And bad actors take advantage of it.

I think NEO getting Weiss' only A rating painted a big bull's-eye on its back. Time for target practice.

rahbii

Postby rahbii » Mon Mar 05, 2018

Fabio wrote:I can't believe that idiot Charlie Lee tweeted what he tweeted, always hated the guy but now I hate him with a passion and I've come up with a new slogan for his sharty coin:

what did he say? I sold all my LTC last week and bought more mining equipment....but yeah, I don't hodl ltc.
Image Image Image
"The early bird gets the worm. But it's the 2nd mouse who gets the cheese"

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Mon Mar 05, 2018

rahbii wrote:
Fabio wrote:I can't believe that idiot Charlie Lee tweeted what he tweeted, always hated the guy but now I hate him with a passion and I've come up with a new slogan for his sharty coin:

what did he say? I sold all my LTC last week and bought more mining equipment....but yeah, I don't hodl ltc.

He's just being a freaking idiot, like usual. People in his position shouldn't be joking around (that's what I think he was doing), here's the reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Neotrader/comm ... arlie_lee/

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Mar 06, 2018

The FUD is so strong that even DHF made a statement:

https://neo.org/blog/details/3067

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Tue Mar 06, 2018

It's starting to smell like NEO opportunity.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, . . ." Credited to Goebbles.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Wed Mar 07, 2018

Bitcoin Core/Cash and LTC guys teaming up on NEO for this fud. This was debunked by cofounder.

https://twitter.com/neoerikzhang/status ... 10272?s=21

Erik Zhang
We found some connection problems in NEO P2P protocol weeks ago which may cause temp communication pause after long run of consensus nodes. it automatically recovers after certain time. A patch was released and tested last month on testnet. Will deploy it on mainnet this week.

NEO might be interesting again back under $100.

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Wed Mar 07, 2018

NEO is very interesting under $100, but I think I have enough for now. I'm saving up some funds for others.

PS, got my ONT today, 1,000 plus 1% of my NEO holding!

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”