6) 76-99% chance
No votes
7) Yes, I guarantee it!
7%

Total votes: 45

Silversaving

Re: Bitcoin Cash Poll

Postby Silversaving » Sat Aug 19, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:BCC over $700 currently. Glad I held out on it. Did any of you guys get to 100 BCC? That would be a hero move at this point.

Kept waiting for that dip back into the $200s and it never came. Still got the 40 I bought @ $189.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Aug 19, 2017

Over $900 at this moment. Unbelievable. I don't have any, sold mine at about $415 and $500, but I am watching with great interest... not least because it is sucking money out of Bitcoin.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Sat Aug 19, 2017

Silversaving wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:BCC over $700 currently. Glad I held out on it. Did any of you guys get to 100 BCC? That would be a hero move at this point.

Kept waiting for that dip back into the $200s and it never came. Still got the 40 I bought @ $189.

:clap:

:shock:

Sucks to be right but I made the wrong move. Anyways didn't want to chase but instead put all my bcc capital to evx. If my picks were right up to this point, taking the chance for making the wrong move with bcc.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sat Aug 19, 2017

I haven't split mine yet, saw $972 an hour ago.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

grantwoodisgold

Postby grantwoodisgold » Sat Aug 19, 2017

interesting quote of an article by Jeff Berwick

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/com ... cy_theory/

thus are markets made 8-)
"SAUSAGE FLAVORED MEAT PELLETS, GRADE D BUT EDIBLE"
"Better 1 or 2 years early than 1 day late"

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Aug 20, 2017

grantwoodisgold wrote:interesting quote of an article by Jeff Berwick

Interesting read. Anything is possible. I am not selling my bitcoin cash anytime soon, and it will be intriguing to watch the next few moths play out.

Fusion

Postby Fusion » Sun Aug 20, 2017

grantwoodisgold wrote:interesting quote of an article by Jeff Berwick

Very interesting thanks for sharing
Guns kill people the same way pencils misspell wurds.

ImageImageImage

Silversaving

Postby Silversaving » Sun Aug 20, 2017

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Mon Aug 21, 2017

Dropped $400 in 3 days, after climbing $650 in 2 days... now that's what I call volatile. There have been estimates that upwards of three-quarters of all of the free BCH has yet to enter the market, which would make the BCH that is on the exchanges easier to manipulate.

iron-pyrite
Zombie Apocalypse Supporter

Postby iron-pyrite » Mon Aug 21, 2017

I thought the opposite thing would happen with the fork. That more ppl would cash out and it would drop...

woops, I am wrong again... Reminds me of betting on Apple to fail in 2001.
Pay with and accept: PPFF, GW, Square Cash, BoA transfer/deposit, Zelle, MO, checks, cash, BTC, LTC, ETH, trade or chicken feathers... ImageImageImage

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Tue Aug 22, 2017

I moved my bitcoin cash mining over and on a partial day was able to get $6/day which is a bit better than the $4 i was getting on btc. If the difficulty and price stay decent on a good day its $12/day and I should recoupe my investment in 2-3 months, but the gaming of the system is interesting. They are changing the difficulty daily now since the blocks are moving so fast at the lower difficulty. I intend on keeping it mining here and will let you guys know how it goes. Originally i was a little sad about bcc but mining at this rate is pretty profitable.

http://fork.lol/

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Tue Aug 22, 2017

LOL, now someone else besides me votes #7 :D
ImageImageImage

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Fri Aug 25, 2017

The fee's and the backlog for BTC is piling up. Although there is new money coming in with the overall market cap, I can't help but think there's an imminent crash for BTC price. BTC is now slower and more expensive and BCC is more profitable to mine for now. Unless it is meant to be slow and expensive and currently unable to use segwit w.o lightning or do tx with segwit by hand and manually setting fee's. Things look a little sketch...

rising fee
http://fork.lol/tx/fee

Backlog
https://core.jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#24h

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Aug 25, 2017

silverpv wrote:The fee's and the backlog for BTC is piling up. Although there is new money coming in with the overall market cap, I can't help but think there's an imminent crash for BTC price. BTC is now slower and more expensive and BCC is more profitable to mine for now. Unless it is meant to be slow and expensive and currently unable to use segwit w.o lightning or do tx with segwit by hand and manually setting fee's. Things look a little sketch...

rising fee
http://fork.lol/tx/fee

Backlog
https://core.jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#24h

But will this continue to be the case now that SegWit is activated? Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Fri Aug 25, 2017

Convert your Bitcoin to BCH if you want, but do it with eyes wide open. Personally, I'm not touching BCH at anything near its current price. I may have missed some extra profit by selling at $415-$500, but I feel zero temptation to buy back unless it drops back to $200. There's something wrong with this picture: People are still sitting on millions of BCH they got for free 3 weeks ago. Some haven't even split their BTC yet. To me that makes the current price a beautiful sell, a scary buy.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Long John wrote:Convert your Bitcoin to BCH if you want, but do it with eyes wide open. Personally, I'm not touching BCH at anything near its current price. I may have missed some extra profit by selling at $415-$500, but I feel zero temptation to buy back unless it drops back to $200. There's something wrong with this picture: People are still sitting on millions of BCH they got for free 3 weeks ago. Some haven't even split their BTC yet. To me that makes the current price a beautiful sell, a scary buy.

I was right there with you selling and missed it. It's not that I think I'll buy at the current price. But it's just that I think BTC will drop because this isn't looking like it'll change in the near future. Lightning Network isn't close to being ready and when it is at the current rate it's $10 to open and close a channel to do micro payments. It also requires the opposite end to be on the same hub. So in effect you are paying a subscription fee and have to do it for all hubs you want to join. Segwit itself isn't going to speed things up and the miners are making the problem worse. Once we get 2x mining resources gets split between 3 coins. It's already this slow with 2 so I can't help but think some people will get annoyed by this when there are plenty of coins that don't have this problem or in fighting.

The only thing that might be keeping it a float is the 2x chain. Im overly paranoid anyways so take it with a grain of salt. But the high fees and slow times aren't going anywhere.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

No disputing that Bitcoin's speed is slower and fees are higher than other currencies. That hasn't stopped BTC from increasing from less than $1000 to $4400 in a few months. The big runup in a short period is of greater concern to me than the transaction speed, which has been an issue since long before I got into this. Nothing against BCH, it helped me get to my current level of Bitcoin, I just don't see how long it can find people to pay this price for it. Sooner or later some whale or group of them will drop their free BCH.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Long John wrote:No disputing that Bitcoin's speed is slower and fees are higher than other currencies. That hasn't stopped BTC from increasing from less than $1000 to $4400 in a few months. The big runup in a short period is of greater concern to me than the transaction speed, which has been an issue since long before I got into this. Nothing against BCH, it helped me get to my current level of Bitcoin, I just don't see how long it can find people to pay this price for it. Sooner or later some whale or group of them will drop their free BCH.

We'll have to see. There's a reason there's the saying the market can stay irrational longer than I can stay solvent. So seeing the surge is interesting. The difference between then and now is the addition of BCC and the mining power that gets moved around. So there's more to it now than before. I haven't been buying anything and just recycling coins. I don't see how or why we have what we have going for btc. I do for ETH with Plasma..

Long John
Turtle Supporter

At least we agree on Ethereum. I had a small ETH holding after my last rebalancing and I've been adding a little to it out of trade profits when there's a dip like today. Same with Litecoin. Nothing major, just little side dishes to go along with the main entrees of Bitcoin and NEO, which I also bought on the dip this morning. But I'm staying away from these alts that whizz up the chart and plunge down again just as fast. Lots of lucrative volatility there, I used to do the shitcoin shuffle -- sometimes not well, I'm a terrible dancer :lol: -- but I'm becoming more conservative in my play.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Long John wrote:At least we agree on Ethereum. I had a small ETH holding after my last rebalancing and I've been adding a little to it out of trade profits when there's a dip like today. Same with Litecoin. Nothing major, just little side dishes to go along with the main entrees of Bitcoin and NEO, which I also bought on the dip this morning. But I'm staying away from these alts that whizz up the chart and plunge down again just as fast. Lots of lucrative volatility there, I used to do the shitcoin shuffle -- sometimes not well, I'm a terrible dancer :lol: -- but I'm becoming more conservative in my play.

lol I went the opposite direction, and dropped on more alts from my core. I've found what I already knew. I'm a terrible dancer too. You like LTC?

Return to “Bitcoin”