Alt-Coin EOS

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Re: Alt-Coin EOS

Postby Marchas45 » Sat Jul 01, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:So for anyone who used MEW instead of MetaMask and has already purchased EOS tokens in the first round of the ICO, it is a bit more complicated than past token sales.

1) See this article: https://steemit.com/eos/@sammich/contri ... r-workings

Read the whole article, but if you already purchased some EOS, the instructions begin at Step 2: Claim EOS Tokens. Do that, then all of Step 3 as well. If everything was successful...

2) Log back into MEW

3) Click "Add Custom Token"
Address: 0x86fa049857e0209aa7d9e616f7eb3b3b78ecfdb0
Token Symbol: EOS
Decimals: 18
Click Save

4) If all the above steps worked - you should see a balance of EOS in your MEW.

Hope this works, and perhaps use MetaMask in the future. ;)

Yea if you live anywhere other than the USA unless you try using Thor or something similar. I have been trying for the past 2 hours trying to figure out a way to do it. I also forgot you are in Europe. Lucky Dog You. :lol:
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image Image Image

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Jul 01, 2017

Marchas45 wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:So for anyone who used MEW instead of MetaMask and has already purchased EOS tokens in the first round of the ICO, it is a bit more complicated than past token sales.

1) See this article: https://steemit.com/eos/@sammich/contri ... r-workings

Read the whole article, but if you already purchased some EOS, the instructions begin at Step 2: Claim EOS Tokens. Do that, then all of Step 3 as well. If everything was successful...

2) Log back into MEW

3) Click "Add Custom Token"
Address: 0x86fa049857e0209aa7d9e616f7eb3b3b78ecfdb0
Token Symbol: EOS
Decimals: 18
Click Save

4) If all the above steps worked - you should see a balance of EOS in your MEW.

Hope this works, and perhaps use MetaMask in the future. ;)

Yea if you live anywhere other than the USA unless you try using Thor or something similar. I have been trying for the past 2 hours trying to figure out a way to do it. I also forgot you are in Europe. Lucky Dog You. :lol:

I only make these posts for informational purposes only for the benefit of my fellow BS members. It doesn't mean that I was necessarily participating in said crowdsale ;)

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Jul 01, 2017

Marchas45 wrote:Yea if you live anywhere other than the USA unless you try using Thor or something similar. I have been trying for the past 2 hours trying to figure out a way to do it. I also forgot you are in Europe. Lucky Dog You. :lol:

Oddly enough, EOS is already trading on Kraken and Bitfinex... at a slight premium to the ICO price already.

So it is available in other locations and such too.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Sat Jul 01, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:
Marchas45 wrote:Yea if you live anywhere other than the USA unless you try using Thor or something similar. I have been trying for the past 2 hours trying to figure out a way to do it. I also forgot you are in Europe. Lucky Dog You. :lol:

Oddly enough, EOS is already trading on Kraken and Bitfinex... at a slight premium to the ICO price already.

So it is available in other locations and such too.

If I can get it cheaper I will keep trying (That's The Scottish In Me) :lol: I am waiting to see if all my conniving was successful or if I lost an ETH. :lol:

Image Image Image

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Jul 02, 2017

Here is an article from CTO of EOS, Dan talking about why EOS will be better than ETH...

https://steemit.com/blockchain/@danthem ... -contracts

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Crypto is such an interesting space. Both exciting and insane. The first 5 day window (period 0) sold huge, and yielded a $0.84 per token rate.

Now, day 2 (period 1) just ended and it has yielded a $1.62 rate, but that is just the rate of those 2 million tokens released "in that 23 hour day". So will the first 200 million tokens now have that same implicit value? One could certainly argue that they do, until tomorrow (period 2) when the next 2 million tokens sell at a rate of $0.55 :lol:

Although the exchange prices are already at or above the $1.62 rate!

What a fun roller coaster we are on. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.

Stats here: http://eosscan.io/

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sun Jul 02, 2017

Well, ICOs that bar US residents at least make the decision easy. This had some interest to me as a hedge against Ethereum. Travis, how many people here are on the roller coaster with you? I think we're mostly in the US (but that could be a bad assumption).

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Long John wrote:Well, ICOs that bar US residents at least make the decision easy. This had some interest to me as a hedge against Ethereum. Travis, how many people here are on the roller coaster with you? I think we're mostly in the US (but that could be a bad assumption).

Not sure. But it is now on the exchanges too so all of us US residents can get some now as well. The nice part about exchanges is you know exactly how much you will get, and each ICO period you won't know until that period ends.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Sun Jul 02, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:
Long John wrote:Well, ICOs that bar US residents at least make the decision easy. This had some interest to me as a hedge against Ethereum. Travis, how many people here are on the roller coaster with you? I think we're mostly in the US (but that could be a bad assumption).

Not sure. But it is now on the exchanges too so all of us US residents can get some now as well. The nice part about exchanges is you know exactly how much you will get, and each ICO period you won't know until that period ends.

" and each ICO period you won't know until that period ends."

Thank you Travis, you just removed the aggravation that I have been harboring and solving why I don't have any coins in my ETH Wallet.

Image Image Image

auagforever

Postby auagforever » Sun Jul 02, 2017

Hi Charlie, I made it.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Here is Dan explaining EOS at Consensys 2017

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Sun Jul 02, 2017

auagforever wrote:Hi Charlie, I made it.

Awesome, make sure you stay tuned and leave some of your expertise opinions and ideas on here. We are all willing to learn and I know you are also. Welcome Aboard

Image Image Image

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Mon Jul 03, 2017

this one took off gangbusters... amazing.. there's still a lot of gas left out there apparently.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Jul 03, 2017

silverpv wrote:this one took off gangbusters... amazing.. there's still a lot of gas left out there apparently.

This is crazy. Am I to believe that EOS is really going to raise more than $6 million every single day for the next 348 periods? Or more? I know some hype is obviously baked into this one but still. What a year this will be watching EOS mature.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Mon Jul 03, 2017

i didn't think they would trade on the exchange until after the ICO.. Welps, congrats to those who got in early! i'll throw a couple in a few days.. could there be 27k eth per day ~8.1million for how long?!?!?!

Altima

Postby Altima » Mon Jul 03, 2017

Should have, could have, would have bought more :lol:
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

silverbender
Gold Supporter

Postby silverbender » Mon Jul 03, 2017

I almost put 8k on EOS at 1.3 soon after it was listed but was distracted by other trades I had to deal with,no time to do the research It would have been over 30k in profit. So goes the cryptoverse I'll just move on but that is my biggest sting so far.I probably would have bailed before it hit 6 anyway.
One thing I have noted since I started trading is that each lesson learned rarely applies to the next situation. They tend to be negated by the next lesson. More research is the main weapon but there are massive amounts to learn.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Jul 03, 2017

silverbender wrote:I almost put 8k on EOS at 1.3 soon after it was listed but was distracted by other trades I had to deal with,no time to do the research It would have been over 30k in profit. So goes the cryptoverse I'll just move on but that is my biggest sting so far.I probably would have bailed before it hit 6 anyway.
One thing I have noted since I started trading is that each lesson learned rarely applies to the next situation. They tend to be negated by the next lesson. More research is the main weapon but there are massive amounts to learn.

Missed gains aren't as bad as realized losses of the same scale. Tough one though. Maybe this third period will be better though. Period 2 was serious FOMO.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Tue Jul 04, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:Missed gains aren't as bad as realized losses of the same scale.

:clap: :thumbup: so true...

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Jul 13, 2017

https://cointelegraph.com/news/startup- ... -continues

This article points to transactions showing EOS selling mass amounts of ethereum raised in its ICO, which so far has raised $200 million worth. Now, I don't know what they were supposed to do with all that excess ETH, if not sell it. ETH was just the currency used to raise money. The article seems to imply greed and impropriety, if not outright say it. I suppose if I had bought EOS and seen the price action, I might feel some of that.

At the least, though, all these ICOs raising hundreds of millions of dollars worth of ETH have caused the currency to be overbought, and the selloffs result in the price drop.

Return to “Bitcoin”