WFTW Trackchair Auction - Saturday May 30 @ 8pm EDT - PREVIEW

Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 18298
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: FEMA Region VI

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby MaxGravy » Sat Jun 08, 2019

:evil:
Quarantine is when you restrict the movement of sick people.

Tyranny is when you restrict the movement of healthy people.

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 18298
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: FEMA Region VI

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby MaxGravy » Sat Jun 08, 2019

I have LRC on the MEW as well. Am I in danger of losing that as well?
Quarantine is when you restrict the movement of sick people.

Tyranny is when you restrict the movement of healthy people.

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 18298
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: FEMA Region VI

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby MaxGravy » Sat Jun 08, 2019

SilverDoge wrote:
MaxGravy wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
joefro wrote:Got an email from Bittrex that they are delisting QRL on June 21st. Hadn’t checked in on this one in a while.


I just found this: https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028996652

They aren't delisting, but making QRL (and QTUM among others) unavailable to US customers. QRL will still be available on Bittrex International.

U.S. - the land of innovation... as long as it's pre-approved by the IRS, SEC, FCC, NSA, FBI, DEA, CIA, CFTC, or any future regulatory body that might one day object to US citizens freely trading voluntary assets among themselves.


I have QRL on an MEW that I haven't looked at in a long time. Should I be concerned?


Yes. See ttitle's post from earlier today. Need to swap those tokens over to MainNet QRL.


I give up. This doesn't work for me. I've tried several ways over the last hour but it always says I have insufficient funds.

It's an MEW wallet with two tokens:

782.2519 LRC
648.61168852 QRL

Public address
0x543726F3b2A965654fa3e142BC27F2db9F475523

Anyone interested in these? Looks like they're worth about $248 total. I can send the physical paper wallet or text you a picture of it.

:offer:
Quarantine is when you restrict the movement of sick people.

Tyranny is when you restrict the movement of healthy people.

User avatar
toddler81
Posts: 1625
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby toddler81 » Sat Jun 08, 2019

I'm in the US and have both qrl and qtum. Should I just sell both?
$25 off Brooklinen Sheets
$10 free at Coinbase!

:wanted:
LIBERTADS
GOLD
1/20
: BU 2011; PR 2005
1/10
: BU 1994,2000


:wanted: 2007 08 Roos on card
Image

Recluse
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014
Location: Illinois

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby Recluse » Sat Jun 08, 2019

MaxGravy wrote:I give up. This doesn't work for me. I've tried several ways over the last hour but it always says I have insufficient funds.

It's an MEW wallet with two tokens:

782.2519 LRC
648.61168852 QRL

Public address
0x543726F3b2A965654fa3e142BC27F2db9F475523

Anyone interested in these? Looks like they're worth about $248 total. I can send the physical paper wallet or text you a picture of it.

:offer:


Randy you need a little bit of eth in the wallet to pay for sending them.

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 5128
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Kansas

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Jun 08, 2019

toddler81 wrote:I'm in the US and have both qrl and qtum. Should I just sell both?


QRL - probably. Your only other option is an exchange called UpBit which I've never attempted to use, or to continue to hold, and hope they get another reliable exchange one day. **

QTUM is traded on many different markets though, including Binance. You could either hold your QTUM in your own wallet, or transfer it to Binance before the deadline.** Or to one of these other exchanges where you might trade: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/qtum/#markets

** I'm not a financial adivsor and am not giving financial recommendations.
Image

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 18298
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: FEMA Region VI

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby MaxGravy » Sat Jun 08, 2019

Recluse wrote:
MaxGravy wrote:I give up. This doesn't work for me. I've tried several ways over the last hour but it always says I have insufficient funds.

It's an MEW wallet with two tokens:

782.2519 LRC
648.61168852 QRL

Public address
0x543726F3b2A965654fa3e142BC27F2db9F475523

Anyone interested in these? Looks like they're worth about $248 total. I can send the physical paper wallet or text you a picture of it.

:offer:


Randy you need a little bit of eth in the wallet to pay for sending them.


So I need to buy ETH somewhere and transfer it to the MEW before I can withdraw? :evil:

I just want out. This isn't for me. It's already lost over 80%. I assumed this was "set it and forget it" until a rainy day or leave it to my heirs. I was wrong. Time to cut losses.
Quarantine is when you restrict the movement of sick people.

Tyranny is when you restrict the movement of healthy people.

Recluse
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014
Location: Illinois

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby Recluse » Sat Jun 08, 2019

MaxGravy wrote:
So I need to buy ETH somewhere and transfer it to the MEW before I can withdraw? :evil:

I just want out. This isn't for me. It's already lost over 80%. I assumed this was "set it and forget it" until a rainy day or leave it to my heirs. I was wrong. Time to cut losses.


Probably 20 cents worth would be more than you would need, maybe more like 7 cents. I don't have any but maybe you could get someone here to send you a little.

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 5128
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Kansas

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Jun 08, 2019

Recluse wrote:
MaxGravy wrote:I give up. This doesn't work for me. I've tried several ways over the last hour but it always says I have insufficient funds.

It's an MEW wallet with two tokens:

782.2519 LRC
648.61168852 QRL

Public address
0x543726F3b2A965654fa3e142BC27F2db9F475523

Anyone interested in these? Looks like they're worth about $248 total. I can send the physical paper wallet or text you a picture of it.

:offer:


Randy you need a little bit of eth in the wallet to pay for sending them.


This is correct. With your public address, we can see you have those values on Ethplorer.io as well as 0.0 ETH.

The set it and forget it, is predominantly for Bitcoin (with a paper wallet). Alt-coins that run as DAPPs on Ethereum or elsewhere may have upgrades, conversions, wallet software improvements, etc. Even with Bitcoin I have to update my Trezor or Ledger hardware wallet software occasionally.

https://ethplorer.io/address/0x543726f3b2a965654fa3e142bc27f2db9f475523?from=search#pageSize=100
Image

User avatar
toddler81
Posts: 1625
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby toddler81 » Sat Jun 08, 2019

SilverDoge wrote:
toddler81 wrote:I'm in the US and have both qrl and qtum. Should I just sell both?


QRL - probably. Your only other option is an exchange called UpBit which I've never attempted to use, or to continue to hold, and hope they get another reliable exchange one day. **

QTUM is traded on many different markets though, including Binance. You could either hold your QTUM in your own wallet, or transfer it to Binance before the deadline.** Or to one of these other exchanges where you might trade: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/qtum/#markets

** I'm not a financial adivsor and am not giving financial recommendations.


So I need to exchange the tokens for coins and then sell it... what a pita :lol:
$25 off Brooklinen Sheets
$10 free at Coinbase!

:wanted:
LIBERTADS
GOLD
1/20
: BU 2011; PR 2005
1/10
: BU 1994,2000


:wanted: 2007 08 Roos on card
Image

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 18298
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: FEMA Region VI

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby MaxGravy » Sat Jun 08, 2019

Silverdoge sent me some ETH and I transferred the QRL to a burn address. How do I check the balance?
Quarantine is when you restrict the movement of sick people.

Tyranny is when you restrict the movement of healthy people.

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 18298
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: FEMA Region VI

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby MaxGravy » Sat Jun 08, 2019

MaxGravy wrote:Silverdoge sent me some ETH and I transferred the QRL to a burn address. How do I check the balance?


OK, I see the QRL in the burn address now. Looks like it can take 72 hours to migrate. Wow.
Quarantine is when you restrict the movement of sick people.

Tyranny is when you restrict the movement of healthy people.

User avatar
BarsandStars
Posts: 3632
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013
Location: Connecticut

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby BarsandStars » Tue Jun 11, 2019

So if we have QTUM in a core wallet, we don't need to do anything. I need to start paying more attention to this stuff.

User avatar
Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter
Posts: 5181
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014
Location: Warily watching the herd.

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby Bucketeer » Wed Jun 12, 2019

joefro wrote:Got an email from Bittrex that they are delisting QRL on June 21st. Hadn’t checked in on this one in a while.

They aren't delisting, but making QRL (and QTUM among others) unavailable to US customers. QRL will still be available on Bittrex International.


I know nothing about QRL, but making QTUM unavailable to US customers might make some kind of sense for Bittrex, from a legal/business perspective.

When QTUM launched, they had 5 or 6 exchanges, but only one of the exchanges would accept US customers. To make a long story short, on the day of launch, the exchange that was designated for US customers was unable to accept any orders.

I haven't heard of anyone that got an order filled who physically resided in the US. SilverDoge was kind enough to add my order onto his so I got filled.

I'm not too worried about finding a buyer for QTUM, that is if I ever sell it at all. Their actions might knock the price down for awhile.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

AURUM MULTO MAGIS ANIMAS PERDIDIT QUAM FERRUM CORPORA CECIDIT

User avatar
Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter
Posts: 5181
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014
Location: Warily watching the herd.

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby Bucketeer » Wed Jun 12, 2019

BarsandStars wrote:So if we have QTUM in a core wallet, we don't need to do anything. I need to start paying more attention to this stuff.


Correct. You're right about paying attention, I haven't looked at QTUM in months.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

AURUM MULTO MAGIS ANIMAS PERDIDIT QUAM FERRUM CORPORA CECIDIT

User avatar
toddler81
Posts: 1625
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby toddler81 » Fri Jun 14, 2019

What are my options for storing QRL tokens? I can't seem to locate them... :?
$25 off Brooklinen Sheets
$10 free at Coinbase!

:wanted:
LIBERTADS
GOLD
1/20
: BU 2011; PR 2005
1/10
: BU 1994,2000


:wanted: 2007 08 Roos on card
Image

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 5128
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Kansas

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Jun 14, 2019

toddler81 wrote:What are my options for storing QRL tokens? I can't seem to locate them... :?


Desktop wallet, web wallet, an exchange where QRL is traded...

https://theqrl.org/index.html
Image

User avatar
toddler81
Posts: 1625
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby toddler81 » Fri Jun 14, 2019

SilverDoge wrote:
toddler81 wrote:What are my options for storing QRL tokens? I can't seem to locate them... :?


Desktop wallet, web wallet, an exchange where QRL is traded...

https://theqrl.org/index.html


I think they're in MEW, but I can't find my pass code! :o

EDIT: I got in to MEW...I don't see the tokens...I was sure they were there!
If they're not in MEW, where else could they be stored?? I had binance, bittrex, coinbase...they're not on my nano S
$25 off Brooklinen Sheets
$10 free at Coinbase!

:wanted:
LIBERTADS
GOLD
1/20
: BU 2011; PR 2005
1/10
: BU 1994,2000


:wanted: 2007 08 Roos on card
Image

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 5128
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Kansas

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Jun 14, 2019

toddler81 wrote:I got in to MEW...I don't see the tokens...I was sure they were there!
It was 100 of them...what are they worth right now?


$36 total. Search your Ethereum public address on Ethplorer.io to see if they are there.

And read the last 2 pages of this thread. You need to swap them out ASAP....

From Discord:
The current token migration process is automatic and almost immediate. After June 15, however, the process for migrating ERC20s will be manual, and may take an indeterminate amount of time. Additionally, each manual migration will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. It's strongly recommended that any and all users who still have QRL ERC20's to migrate them BEFORE the closure of automatic migration on June 15, 2000 UTC

Countdown: https://docs.theqrl.org/tokenmigration/countdown/
Text Guide: https://docs.theqrl.org/tokenmigration/guide/
Video Guide: https://docs.theqrl.org/tokenmigration/video/
Image

User avatar
toddler81
Posts: 1625
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby toddler81 » Fri Jun 14, 2019

SilverDoge wrote:
toddler81 wrote:I got in to MEW...I don't see the tokens...I was sure they were there!
It was 100 of them...what are they worth right now?


$36 total. Search your Ethereum public address on Ethplorer.io to see if they are there.

And read the last 2 pages of this thread. You need to swap them out ASAP....

From Discord:
The current token migration process is automatic and almost immediate. After June 15, however, the process for migrating ERC20s will be manual, and may take an indeterminate amount of time. Additionally, each manual migration will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. It's strongly recommended that any and all users who still have QRL ERC20's to migrate them BEFORE the closure of automatic migration on June 15, 2000 UTC

Countdown: https://docs.theqrl.org/tokenmigration/countdown/
Text Guide: https://docs.theqrl.org/tokenmigration/guide/
Video Guide: https://docs.theqrl.org/tokenmigration/video/



I'm desperately trying to locate them so I CAN swap them! :oops: I don't understand...I bought them from you and I remember you sending me a confirmation. I also distinctly remember seeing them in one of my wallets. They don't show up on ethplorer.io ...
$25 off Brooklinen Sheets
$10 free at Coinbase!

:wanted:
LIBERTADS
GOLD
1/20
: BU 2011; PR 2005
1/10
: BU 1994,2000


:wanted: 2007 08 Roos on card
Image


Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest