Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Fabio

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby Fabio » Wed Aug 09, 2017

I told my friend about QRL, he's a computer nerd so I thought he'd be interested. He sends me this link, not sure if has been posted here before: https://medium.com/the-quantum-resistan ... c1e96e10c5

So what's all the fuss about, who is in the right and who is in the wrong?

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Aug 10, 2017

Fabio wrote:I told my friend about QRL, he's a computer nerd so I thought he'd be interested. He sends me this link, not sure if has been posted here before: https://medium.com/the-quantum-resistan ... c1e96e10c5

So what's all the fuss about, who is in the right and who is in the wrong?

Click on page 6 of this thread, and start reading from the top. I actually linked the same article and then the founder's initial response, and then the follow up response link as well (in the post where I say "bullish" and have the popcorn emoticon guy). There are people that wanted QRL to hide this FUD or "just get rid of it" especially because the majority of the claims are either outright lies or poorly contextualized half-truths - but QRL team kept it public because a "cover-up" is always worse. And there is really nothing to cover up. Just read the responses from Peter. TestNet is live, the GitHub has a ton of commits, and MainNet is on schedule. The only thing the FUD did, was help me buy a lot of extra QRLs super cheap. This guy wanted to be a "founder" but he came onto the team a month before the pre-sale and he was the social media manager. This is honestly the least valuable person (and easiest replaceable person) on a crypto project. He got greedy, didn't get his way, and went with the nuclear option. Sad really. What will his complaint be once MainNet is launched? The "community manager" was replaced easily within days, by guys doing a better job for a fraction of the cost. Better to get rid of the greedy personalities now rather than later.

Anyway, this FUD will always exist in the crypto space, but the best thing a project can do is produce in the face of it, become a success, and mock the FUD with their success. That is precisely what QRL is doing, and will continue to do.

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Thu Aug 10, 2017

Thanks, I'll forward him the info. I've also been buying more since the big drop/drama.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Aug 10, 2017

It's up a penny to 34 cents, Woo hoo! Is the malcontent still FUDing or is that all over?

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Fri Aug 11, 2017

good job guys, its up a bit today.

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Fri Aug 11, 2017

silverpv wrote:good job guys, its up a bit today.

I guess 61% seems like a bit when you compare it to NEO ;)

We picked 2.5k the other day, had an order for 1500 more but I got greedy and lowered the bid, anyways happy with the uptick finally.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Fri Aug 11, 2017

It has a long way to go, but it's nice to see it get up off the mat.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Aug 18, 2017

Anyone paying attention to this QRL bull run? Making some solid moves recently.

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Fri Aug 18, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:Anyone paying attention to this QRL bull run? Making some solid moves recently.

Hadn't looked after the buy I had before the first run a couple of weeks ago, I'm liking what I'm seeing now :thumbup:

Edit: well that didn't last long :lol: anyways, I used LongJohn's example, not as aggressive as him, and ended up with 165 extra QRL for free :thumbup:

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Fri Aug 18, 2017

I was asleep at the wheel there. My best chance to sell in months and I missed it. I could have broke even if I'd sold at 7 a.m. EDT today. I missed other opportunities today, too. Well, maybe I'll be pleased I missed it, later on.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Aug 31, 2017

QRL back to where it ought to be with a good trajectory moving forward. Amazingly it still isn't even in the top 100 yet, but I predict it will be. I need to find out when the MainNet launch is happening. Probably at least a month or so to go. Exciting times.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Sep 01, 2017

Latest QRL update. Tech team is nine people deep now, with an additional 2 slack mods and a community manager. MainNet launch still pending for October (a slight delay from the original September timeframe).

https://medium.com/the-quantum-resistant-ledger/new-additions-team-update-f265243aedd6

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Sep 02, 2017

Here are two good write-ups about QRL, for anyone thinking about getting into it:

From Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/altcoin/comments/6xah0b/why_i_have_decided_to_invest_in_quantum_resistant/

From Coin Reviews: https://coinreviews.io/quantum-resistant-ledger-review/

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Sep 02, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:QRL back to where it ought to be with a good trajectory moving forward.

Finally! I'd like to see it get back to 30K (and beyond) but 15K is sure as hell better than 10K. On the other hand, when I bought this, Bitcoin was worth half as much as it is now.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Sep 02, 2017

Not directly related to QRL, but quantum physics. Really cool stuff:

Last edited by SilverDoge on Fri Sep 08, 2017, edited 1 time in total.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Sep 03, 2017

2017 Quantum Computing Update:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Sep 03, 2017

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Sep 06, 2017

Potentially groundbreaking discovery in the quantum world... the flip-flop qubit:

https://futurism.com/an-entirely-new-type-of-quantum-computing-has-just-been-invented/

Perhaps we are closer to 2,000 qubit quantum computing than we realized.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Sep 11, 2017

China building the world’s largest quantum research facility. Construction work is expected to last 2 ½ years with a budget of 76 billion yuan (HK$91.6 billion). Ground-clearing work has already started with approval from the central government in February.

Oddly there are conflicting quotes within this one article...

“Our plan is that by 2020, or maybe as soon as next year, to achieve ‘quantum supremacy’ with calculation power one million times to all existing computers around the world combined,” Pan was quoted as saying by Anhui Business Daily, which is run by the provincial government."

Guo said the field had advanced rapidly, but the delivery of a code-breaking machine by 2020 was “highly unlikely”.

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2110563/china-building-worlds-biggest-quantum-research-facility

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Sep 12, 2017

An interview with QRL founder Dr. Peter Waterland today...

https://medium.com/@cryptorand/interview-with-quantum-resistant-ledger-founder-qrl-471c31052720

Price holding steady between 13k - 15k sats as of late.

Return to “Bitcoin”