Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Jul 28, 2017

Unfortunately there is a saga story with the QRL social marketing manager who thought himself a "founder" and he clearly is not.

Here is his public childish rant: https://medium.com/the-quantum-resistant-ledger/to-the-qrl-community-13c1e96e10c5

And this is the just released response from the QRL founder Peter: https://medium.com/@theQRL/qrl-update-51d1f4a0b54b

I have faith the price will recover. Unfortunately the social manager had the logins to most of the official channels. The guy is very short-sighted and has quite an ego. Glad we found out now and he is off the team. Better to find out now before MainNet then learn about his greed down the road.

Anyway, I got some more cheap QRLs due to this guy. MainNet guys.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Fri Jul 28, 2017

Well, that explains why QRL tanked so much worse than the rest of the alts tanked. I take it the controls of the social media accounts can't be wrested from from the malcontent. Ironically, the more he hurts QRL, the more he damages any settlement he might get.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Fri Jul 28, 2017

hmm.. is it time to swoop in on some?

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Fri Jul 28, 2017

silverpv wrote:hmm.. is it time to swoop in on some?

Well, it dropped as low as 6300 sats this morning, but that was a long candle wick that probably lasted a fraction of a second. The real low I think was just under 10,000. About 12,000 right now. If I didn't have any and I wanted some, now's the time I'd do it.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Jul 29, 2017

Long John wrote:
silverpv wrote:hmm.. is it time to swoop in on some?

Well, it dropped as low as 6300 sats this morning, but that was a long candle wick that probably lasted a fraction of a second. The real low I think was just under 10,000. About 12,000 right now. If I didn't have any and I wanted some, now's the time I'd do it.

Concur.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Aug 01, 2017

I believe in this project. I have purchased more QRL at about 10.5k sats. The TestNet will be live and public again likely in the next 24-48 hours. A new statement will be forthcoming from the dev team. It might not be good timing with Bitcoin Cash today, but there also may be bitcoin heading back into alts after the fork. Ideally QRL will see some of that action.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Aug 02, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:Unfortunately there is a saga story with the QRL social marketing manager who thought himself a "founder" and he clearly is not.

Here is his public childish rant: https://medium.com/the-quantum-resistant-ledger/to-the-qrl-community-13c1e96e10c5

And this is the just released response from the QRL founder Peter: https://medium.com/@theQRL/qrl-update-51d1f4a0b54b

I have faith the price will recover. Unfortunately the social manager had the logins to most of the official channels. The guy is very short-sighted and has quite an ego. Glad we found out now and he is off the team. Better to find out now before MainNet then learn about his greed down the road.

Anyway, I got some more cheap QRLs due to this guy. MainNet guys.

Here is an excellent follow up article by founder Peter about the current situation. The public TestNet is now live as well:

https://medium.com/@theQRL/qrl-testnet-a412ea34135d

Bullish!

:pop:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Aug 03, 2017

Now this is what we call a serious buy wall. While that wall stays up, there is almost a zero percent chance the price falls under that price. That is a 158 Bitcoin buy wall (not mine either).

QRL buy wall.png
QRL buy wall.png (29.85 KiB) Viewed 694 times

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Fri Aug 04, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:Now this is what we call a serious buy wall.

Could that be Peter taking matters into his own hands to counter the FUD campaign of the former team member?

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Aug 04, 2017

Long John wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:Now this is what we call a serious buy wall.

Could that be Peter taking matters into his own hands to counter the FUD campaign of the former team member?

Of course it could be, but the wall seems to come and go quickly with some odd strategy. Peter doesn't have time for games like that. If he wanted to create a real feeling of buy support, I 'd imagine he would leave the wall up there for more than 15 minutes.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Aug 06, 2017

QRL has a new blog channel here: https://medium.com/quantum-resistant-ledger

Most recent post today from our founder with TestNet now live to the public here: https://medium.com/quantum-resistant-ledger/bughunts-memory-leaks-and-negative-millionaires-cd938a78a675

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Aug 09, 2017

Everybody knows I am long QRL. If you were looking for an entry point, allow me to highlight the opportunity. MainNet launch will go live in late SEP or OCT depending on how the public TestNet goes. This will be the first quantum resistant crypto in existence. The FUD from the ex-team member gave us the quick drop seen below in the second chart. The early FOMO on the first chart happened when Bittrex first listed QRL. This happens with a fair amount of coins when they first start out. The price has been bouncing around between $0.30 and $0.36 for the last 7-10 days. It is going to break out (either up or down) in the somewhat near future. I think it will break up with MainNet on the horizon. There is very little active marketing right now for QRL. There is a twitter feed, BitcoinTalk thread, reddit, and your typical social media type stuff. That is it. This will change eventually (after MainNet).

See the below charts (note the different scales though - the second chart is an extension of the first, but more zoomed in). We sometimes lament about buying too high, and selling after a drop and taking losses. The question is how far could QRL really drop from here? We survived the FUD, and MainNet is within our sights at the end of the tunnel. Somebody who bought north of $2 is now down over 80%. What is the risk/reward currently? For that $2 buyer it was high, for a buyer today, it is much lower. My first purchases were right around $0.30 and I've been buying more since the FUD (see the black circles below). My opinion is that for a patient buyer who can wait months, this is a screaming buy. We may still have several days/weeks before an upward trend begins, but I don't know how long that period will last. It could be all the way up until MainNet or it could start trending this week.

QRL chart 1.png
QRL chart 1.png (70.81 KiB) Viewed 630 times

QRL chart 2.png
QRL chart 2.png (86.83 KiB) Viewed 630 times

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Aug 09, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:Everybody knows I am long QRL.

Not everybody. I think there may be some aborigines in the Australian Outback...

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Long John wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:Everybody knows I am long QRL.

Not everybody. I think there may be some aborigines in the Australian Outback...

Fair enough. Are you ready for a twist? The QRL founder, who is from the UK, used to rum a PM website in the UK.

He was a big goldbug... until he "saw the light" of the crypto-sphere. He said he found bitcoin more interesting, and bitcoin (originally) better than the PMs in every measurable way. Couple that with his realization that the paper PM supply is strongly manipulated by investment banks, with the blessings of the US regulators and central banks. And this can go on for decades (and is outside our control).

So he chose to get involved in bitcoin in 2012, and eventually to found & develop QRL. He chose to focus on something he/we could control, and make the world a better and safer space for crypto. I like this project even better!

:pop:

mnymgr1

Postby mnymgr1 » Wed Aug 09, 2017

I haven't been following this at all since I can't really buy any
But this went to $20, did it not ? So the QRL pricing shows a high near $2
Guessing that corresponds to the $20, with a split, something.
And now the $2 is near 32c ????

If I could buy some, with recouped Campbx btc (still not in my possession but a sliver of hope), I'd buy a few hundred dollars worth of this and keep my fingers crossed. And I would only do so because I value silverdoge's opinion on it.

But that is a brutal loss for some going from $2 to 32c
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

mnymgr1 wrote:I haven't been following this at all since I can't really buy any

If I could buy some, with recouped Campbx btc (still not in my possession but a sliver of hope), I'd buy a few hundred dollars worth of this and keep my fingers crossed. And I would only do so because I value silverdoge's opinion on it.

But that is a brutal loss for some going from $2 to 32c

It was never at $20. No splits. The ATH (all time high) was $2.20, or 88k satoshis (priced in bitcoin) on June 15th - which was 5 days after being added to the Bittrex exchange. Bitcoin was under $2,500 that day, so if somebody bought QRL with bitcoin that day, the pain is even worse. But had you sold QRL purchased earlier, for bitcoin that day, you'd have done very well by making QRL profits and then moving into bitcoin which has increased $900 since then.

Now we are at the opposite end of the spectrum with bitcoin at all time highs, and QRL at all time lows. Therefore the money-making play is selling bitcoin for QRL (assuming you believe in the project). My 2 cents anyway.

Chart is here: https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/quantum-resistant-ledger/

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Aug 09, 2017

mnymgr1 wrote:But that is a brutal loss for some going from $2 to 32c

Someone (I wonder who?) bought a crapload in the wee hours (my time) to bring it all the way up to 37 cents. But that only prompted others to sell off and it's back down to 33 cents.

Silverdoge wrote:My 2 cents anyway.

Let's hope it doesn't get that bad!

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Long John wrote:
Silverdoge wrote:My 2 cents anyway.

Let's hope it doesn't get that bad!

That would be 4 times under the pre-sale price! Oh man would I be hurting. But like I always say in crypto... always be prepared to lose it all.... just not from a quantum computing hack once MainNet is live :lol:

AuAgJohn

Postby AuAgJohn » Wed Aug 09, 2017

Are you thinking of QTUM? That one got near $20.

mnymgr1

Postby mnymgr1 » Wed Aug 09, 2017

AuAgJohn wrote:

Are you thinking of QTUM? That one got near $20.

yep, that's what I was thinking about.
so obviously, qrl and qtum are not the same :lol: :oops:
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

Return to “Bitcoin”