Alt-Coin Bancor

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Re: Alt-Coin Bancor

Postby Long John » Mon Jun 12, 2017

Charlie, you missed out on $4 tokens on date of issue. I wasn't going to cry too much if I missed the boat, in fact I only sent one Eth, so I could still feel part of it but also have a sort of built in stop-loss.

Silversaving

Postby Silversaving » Mon Jun 12, 2017

Looks like I'm sitting this one out as well boys. Tried twice at max gas. Neither went through.
Best thing about cryptos is there's always another bargain around the corner. 8-)

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Mon Jun 12, 2017

Silversaving wrote:Looks like I'm sitting this one out as well boys. Tried twice at max gas. Neither went through.
Best thing about cryptos is there's always another bargain around the corner. 8-)

It's easy to overlook the obscure little gwei slider on the lower right. I sure did. I don't know if you boosted gwei to 50, but that did the trick for me. Chances are decent BNT may be available on an exchange for less than issue price at some point.

Silversaving

Postby Silversaving » Mon Jun 12, 2017

Long John wrote:
Silversaving wrote:Looks like I'm sitting this one out as well boys. Tried twice at max gas. Neither went through.

It's easy to overlook the obscure little gwei slider on the lower right. I sure did. I don't know if you boosted gwei to 50, but that did the trick for me. Chances are decent BNT may be available on an exchange for less than issue price at some point.

I missed that on the first tx, but maxed it for the 2nd attempt. Didn't make any difference for me. Not a big deal honestly. Was just buying blind into this one anyway.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Jun 12, 2017

Already listed on an exchange?

https://hitbtc.com/exchange/BNT-to-BTC

I've never used that exchange before, but it appears like the token is already up 50% somehow? Seriously?

Very low volume though.

silverbender
Gold Supporter

Postby silverbender » Mon Jun 12, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:Already listed on an exchange?

https://hitbtc.com/exchange/BNT-to-BTC

I've never used that exchange before, but it appears like the token is already up 50% somehow? Seriously?

Very low volume though.

I saw in the slack that they were selling IOUs a day or two ago.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Tue Jun 13, 2017

So my BNT eventually showed up in the front end of MEW, where it can presumably be sent somewhere. I hadn't thought that far ahead. I don't want to leave it in MEW indefinitely. What are you guys doing with yours?

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Jun 13, 2017

Long John wrote:So my BNT eventually showed up in the front end of MEW, where it can presumably be sent somewhere. I hadn't thought that far ahead. I don't want to leave it in MEW indefinitely. What are you guys doing with yours?

My BNT are still on MEW for now. I will hold there for the time being. More secure than on an exchange.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Tue Jun 13, 2017

Reader's digest version of yesterday's Bancor ICO. Apparently it broke records, despite some problems.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/broken-r ... hree-hours

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Jun 19, 2017

For all the Bancor tokens above the hard cap that the Bancor team collected during the 3 hour sale:

20% will be allocated to the BNT Ether Reserve, to further improve the liquidity of BNT, which increases stability while reducing conversion costs (price slippage) for all.
80% will be locked for two years in a smart contract that will buy back BNT for 0.01 ETH (the initial price) whenever it is available, according to its calculated price. The purchased BNT will be added to the Foundation’s long-term budget, and after a 2-year period, any remaining ETH will be allocated pro-rata according to the “Use of Proceeds” chart in our Token Creation Terms.

So at a minimum that ought to stabilize the token pricing element.

Here is an update from yesterday on activation of the Bancor token: https://blog.bancor.network/token-activ ... 5ba81995b1

So, standby to standby.

I think the long term strategy on this one is best.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jun 21, 2017

BANCOR update:

https://blog.bancor.network/bancor-netw ... 766b62a73d

Token activation begins tomorrow.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Jun 21, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:BANCOR update:

With all the talk about ICOs on the ETH network being gamed by whales and pools, I feel fortunate that my 1 ETH made it through in this one. An ICO that was very expensive per coin. They'd better not be selling at half price on the exchanges.

silverbender
Gold Supporter

Postby silverbender » Wed Jun 21, 2017

Long John wrote:

With all the talk about ICOs on the ETH network being gamed by whales and pools, I feel fortunate that my 1 ETH made it through in this one. An ICO that was very expensive per coin. They'd better not be selling at half price on the exchanges.

How much was it? I was hoping to pick it up cheap.
I already traded yyou my QRL bag the least you can do is trade your BNC bag lol

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jun 21, 2017

silverbender wrote:
Long John wrote:

How much was it? I was hoping to pick it up cheap.

The BNT exchange rate was 100 BNT for 1 ETH during the ICO. ETH was between $385 - $395 at that time too. I doubt it goes under ICO price, but anything is possible.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Jun 21, 2017

silverbender wrote:How much was it? I was hoping to pick it up cheap.

As Travis said, those who got into the ICO paid almost $4 per. If you're able to pick it up cheap, I'm swearing off ICOs.

As for QRL, it may be in the dumpster now ( a lot of currencies are, today), but brighter days are ahead.

silverbender
Gold Supporter

Postby silverbender » Wed Jun 21, 2017

I still like QRL but I wanted some cheap BNT

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Fri Jun 23, 2017

Bancor (BNT) has been on Bittrex for 6 hours, and is already in the top 10 volume. Only about 15% more than issue price, at this hour, perhaps because ETH is a lot cheaper now than it was then. So no great penalty (as if this moment) if you missed the ICO.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Jun 23, 2017

Long John wrote:Bancor (BNT) has been on Bittrex for 6 hours, and is already in the top 10 volume. Only about 15% more than issue price, at this hour, perhaps because ETH is a lot cheaper now than it was then. So no great penalty (as if this moment) if you missed the ICO.

I have not tried this yet, but instead of going direct to the exchanges for BNT, one can send ETH to the address posted by this Bancor dev in the below article, and get BNT directly back. Need to use MEW or another supported wallet - do NOT send from an exchange.

See here: https://blog.bancor.network/experimenta ... fd51d03b30

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Fri Jun 23, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:I have not tried this yet, but instead of going direct to the exchanges for BNT, one can send ETH to the address posted by this Bancor dev in the below article, and get BNT directly back. Need to use MEW or another supported wallet - do NOT send from an exchange.

As far as I can see, you won't know how much BNT you'll get for your ETH until you receive it. It may be "simpler" but is it also a blind buy?

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Jun 23, 2017

Long John wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:I have not tried this yet, but instead of going direct to the exchanges for BNT, one can send ETH to the address posted by this Bancor dev in the below article, and get BNT directly back. Need to use MEW or another supported wallet - do NOT send from an exchange.

As far as I can see, you won't know how much BNT you'll get for your ETH until you receive it. It may be "simpler" but is it also a blind buy?

True. I think that is part of the reason the article recommends trying a small amount first. To see that it goes through, and then also to compare to the price on exchanges. Aribtrage opportunity too?

Return to “Bitcoin”