Alt-Coin Bancor

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Re: Alt-Coin Bancor

Postby Long John » Fri Jun 23, 2017

Actually, it's not even simpler. It is easier for me to buy and sell in Bittrex than going through the steps of opening MEW and sending a transaction. Especially if you send a small amount first to ensure it works and determine the price. The price has to be worth the effort, so I look forward to seeing the result of someone who has sent their ETH blind...

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Someone set a 25,000-token buy wall at 154K. It won't be any cheaper than that until they take it down, or the order is filled. But that's a $100,000 order. Somebody wants a LOT of Bancor.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

A lot of action on Bancor. It's now #5 at Bittrex. The price is not moving much, currently $4.09. The big buy wall has moved down to 145K. Might be able to buy at issue price pretty soon.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Jun 23, 2017

Long John wrote:Actually, it's not even simpler. It is easier for me to buy and sell in Bittrex than going through the steps of opening MEW and sending a transaction. Especially if you send a small amount first to ensure it works and determine the price. The price has to be worth the effort, so I look forward to seeing the result of someone who has sent their ETH blind...

It is simpler for someone who doesn't have a Bittrex account, or simpler (and more private) for someone who doesn't want to go through Bittrex's entire KYC process. So once you've established that it works, and the price is the actual market price - then there are benefits to it.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Jun 24, 2017

You can buy BNT on Bittrex for less than issue price. People are selling their Bancor at a loss. I hate !@#$% ICOs. Cue the consoling refrain "I am long and don't care about the price."

Altima

Postby Altima » Sat Jun 24, 2017

What was the issue price of BNT during the crowdsale?
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Jun 24, 2017

Altima wrote:What was the issue price of BNT during the crowdsale?

It was 100 BNT for 1 ETH, which at the time was about $385 or so. Current price of BNT is $3.68.

Of course, currently ETH is under $325, so 1/100th is no longer $3.85... And then I can consider that my ETH didn't cost me $385 or $325 anything like it. But many people did buy ETH at that high price just to get into the Bancor ICO.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sun Jun 25, 2017

The price of BNT this evening is under $3.00, having dropped as low as $2.60. I have only been part of a handful of ICOs, but I think they are overrated in terms of getting bang for your buck. Even some of the major currencies dropped to cheaper than issue price once on the market, before hitting it big. Years later you do get to say "I was part of X-coin ever since the ICO," for whatever pleasure that provides. Assuming X-coin still exists. :?

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Jun 26, 2017

Long John wrote:The price of BNT this evening is under $3.00, having dropped as low as $2.60. I have only been part of a handful of ICOs, but I think they are overrated in terms of getting bang for your buck. Even some of the major currencies dropped to cheaper than issue price once on the market, before hitting it big. Years later you do get to say "I was part of X-coin ever since the ICO," for whatever pleasure that provides. Assuming X-coin still exists. :?

This is the risk of uncapped ICOs. Bancor, Tezos, and EOS are all uncapped. One needs to be a long term holder for uncapped ICOs to pay off. Think 2-3 years. A long time in crypto world, but these big boys, if successful, will go places.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jun 28, 2017

BNT back above $3. It is staying above the ETH price rate of 0.01 ETH too.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Jul 06, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:BNT back above $3. It is staying above the ETH price rate of 0.01 ETH too.

Here is the post about Bancor keeping the BNT - ETH price ratio active while they still have pooled ETH funds from the crowdsale. It also details how you can swap back to ETH through MEW (instead of on an exchange) if you desire, within their own protocol.

https://blog.bancor.network/price-floor-smart-contract-deployed-621871bd09ca

You can view pricing and compare it here: https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/bnt-smart-token-contract/

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Jul 06, 2017

Future vision from Bancor Dev team member:

Credit card integration is in the works. While the early blockchain adopters are critical to our project without a doubt (for many reasons), 99.9% of Bancor's future users currently don't hold crypto. They won't need to understand blockchain to use a Bancor token, let alone Ethereum. Their local or project token will be created by a "superuser". A superuser is the middle tier in a 3 tier ecosystem. Think Wordpress (platform -> blogger -> reader), or Reddit (platform -> Subreddit admin -> user), or Wikipedia, Youtube, etc. Bancor is a 3 tier user generated currency platform, on blockchain (starting with Ethereum) targeted at your typical Internet end user. Our goal is 1B users by the end of the decade.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Nov 01, 2017

I don't know if anyone here is still holding Bancor (BNT). It's one of the few ICOs I got involved in. Each BNT token cost about $3.85 worth of Ethereum at the ICO in June, which still stands as one of the top 5 largest ICOs to date. Today BNT's price is $1.93. Here's a pretty balanced story about Bancor. Most crypto "journalism" only presents the side that agrees with the writer's opinion, but Bloomberg interviews both sides while not pulling any punches.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... k-to-earth

Return to “Bitcoin”