Alt-Coin Tezos

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Re: Alt-Coin Tezos

Postby Long John » Thu Aug 24, 2017

I only spent 0.1 BTC on Tezos. I didn't have much of my position in Bitcoin back on July 3, and I was starting to lose my appetite for all these freaking ICOs. A tenth of a BTC bought me 575 XTZ, including a 15% bonus. Dollar cost was about $255, since BTC at the time was $2550.

Somehow XTZ is being traded on HitBTC. It's listed as XTZ (IOU), so I guess if you own the rights to the unreleased XTZ there is a way to give those rights to the buyer. Anyway, XTZ is trading at $2.00 right now, and my $255 investment is worth $1,152 on that exchange. More than makes up for the money I lost trying to buy into the crowdsale via their ShapeShift option.

It's hard to know what to make of the price when it's only one exchange, low volume, and it is a futures trade. It would be nice if that price were to hold up (even go higher!) when XTZ eventually is activated and widely traded. But I suspect the current scarcity of the commodity is the reason for the current price.

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Thu Aug 24, 2017

Long John wrote:I only spent 0.1 BTC on Tezos. I didn't have much of my position in Bitcoin back on July 3, and I was starting to lose my appetite for all these freaking ICOs. A tenth of a BTC bought me 575 XTZ, including a 15% bonus. Dollar cost was about $255, since BTC at the time was $2550.

Somehow XTZ is being traded on HitBTC. It's listed as XTZ (IOU), so I guess if you own the rights to the unreleased XTZ there is a way to give those rights to the buyer. Anyway, XTZ is trading at $2.00 right now, and my $255 investment is worth $1,152 on that exchange. More than makes up for the money I lost trying to buy into the crowdsale via their ShapeShift option.

It's hard to know what to make of the price when it's only one exchange, low volume, and it is a futures trade. It would be nice if that price were to hold up (even go higher!) when XTZ eventually is activated and widely traded. But I suspect the current scarcity of the commodity is the reason for the current price.

I remember QTUM future trading there before it was listed on some of the exchanges, it was trading at $40 and when it got to Bittrex and the likes, it started selling at around $5 or so. So I'm expecting similar results for XTZ.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Fri Aug 25, 2017

This sounds a little positive. $15 we shall see. :D
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image Image Image

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Aug 31, 2017

Fabio wrote:
Long John wrote:I only spent 0.1 BTC on Tezos. I didn't have much of my position in Bitcoin back on July 3, and I was starting to lose my appetite for all these freaking ICOs. A tenth of a BTC bought me 575 XTZ, including a 15% bonus. Dollar cost was about $255, since BTC at the time was $2550.

I remember QTUM future trading there before it was listed on some of the exchanges, it was trading at $40 and when it got to Bittrex and the likes, it started selling at around $5 or so. So I'm expecting similar results for XTZ.

I don't recall QTUM ever going north of $20 during this IOU stage, but my memory isn't perfect. Any trading prior to the actual token release is quite limited and not a real reflection of market price just yet. The nice thing about Tezos was that it specifically didn't fit the profile for a quick flip, so in theory those investing in the ICO have patience and fortitude in this crypto space. This is another that ought to be a longer hold to see how it does against ETH, NEO, etc.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Aug 31, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:The nice thing about Tezos was that it specifically didn't fit the profile for a quick flip, so in theory those investing in the ICO have patience and fortitude in this crypto space.

And yet some are doing a quick flip for huge profit, though I'm not sure how that futures thing works. If I could sell on HitBTC today I would make $1355 on a $255 investment. I wouldn't even have to think about it. Bang, done, and good fortune to the long boys.

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Thu Aug 31, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:I don't recall QTUM ever going north of $20 during this IOU stage, but my memory isn't perfect. Any trading prior to the actual token release is quite limited and not a real reflection of market price just yet. The nice thing about Tezos was that it specifically didn't fit the profile for a quick flip, so in theory those investing in the ICO have patience and fortitude in this crypto space. This is another that ought to be a longer hold to see how it does against ETH, NEO, etc.

It was mentioned in middle of page 3 of the QTUM thread...

Altima wrote:I was browsing Twitter when someone mentioned that QTUM futures on Bitmex are now trading at 0.017 XBT

That's 40 USD! :shock:

https://www.bitmex.com/app/trade/QTUMU17

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Aug 31, 2017

Fabio wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:I don't recall QTUM ever going north of $20 during this IOU stage, but my memory isn't perfect. Any trading prior to the actual token release is quite limited and not a real reflection of market price just yet. The nice thing about Tezos was that it specifically didn't fit the profile for a quick flip, so in theory those investing in the ICO have patience and fortitude in this crypto space. This is another that ought to be a longer hold to see how it does against ETH, NEO, etc.

It was mentioned in middle of page 3 of the QTUM thread...

Altima wrote:I was browsing Twitter when someone mentioned that QTUM futures on Bitmex are now trading at 0.017 XBT

That's 40 USD! :shock:

https://www.bitmex.com/app/trade/QTUMU17

That Bitmex price was a future's trading contract price, not an IOU price to physically buy the tokens. I don't think it ever got over $20 in IOU stages.

Altima

Postby Altima » Thu Aug 31, 2017

Wouldn't trust anything to do with HitBTC,especially their IOUs. Always skews the price!
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Sun Sep 03, 2017

How many XTZ Tezos where issued? any ideas? Someone said 600,000,000 if so, that's a lot.

Image Image Image

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Sep 04, 2017

Marchas45 wrote:How many XTZ Tezos where issued? any ideas? Someone said 600,000,000 if so, that's a lot.

It isn't listed on CMC yet, and I don't have an exact number. But based on the total $$$ raised, and the investors share of tokens (which may not be in the initial circulating supply), I'd put it higher at between 650 million to 1 billion.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Sun Oct 01, 2017

New update but I'm just not confident in Tezos (XTZ) just doesn't feel right to me. Maybe I'm just to anxious for it to break loose. :D

http://www.tezos.ch/september-update.html

Image Image Image

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sun Oct 01, 2017

Marchas45 wrote:New update but I'm just not confident in Tezos (XTZ) just doesn't feel right to me. Maybe I'm just to anguish for it to break loose. :D

http://www.tezos.ch/september-update.html

Well, the update is rather nebulous and contains no time frame.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Wed Oct 11, 2017

Well Tezos (XTZ) just hit Cryptocurrency Market Capitalizations and is at $2.26 pre-Launch and is ranked at 917 at this moment. Looking good as I have a few of those. Lol
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/tezos/

Image Image Image

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Oct 19, 2017

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-bitc ... SKBN1CN35K

Reuters did a pretty extensive article on the noisy civil war within Tezos that caused its futures price to plummet. Far down in the article is a key point: We in the crowdsale are to understand that the $232 million worth of BTC and ETH we sent them (worth $400 million now) was a "non-refundable donation."

(Tezos co-founder) Kathleen Breitman told Reuters that participating in the Tezos fundraiser was like contributing to a public television station and receiving “a tote bag” in return. “That’s kind of the same thing here,” she said.

The fundraiser’s terms called the contributions “a non-refundable donation” and not a “speculative investment.”

This is the risk in ICOs in the Wild West. If the founders have a big fight, real or staged, and don't continue the project, they can be $400 million richer with no consequence. We don't even get a tote bag. I don't know, and nobody knows, how this fight within Tezos will shake out, but I'm glad I invested only .1 BTC.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Thu Oct 19, 2017

I have a lot more than .1 BTC invested and a little infighting (Actually a lot) may cause me to lose it. :lol:

https://medium.com/@arthurb/the-path-fo ... 2e6f63be67

http://www.reuters.com/investigates/spe ... ing-tezos/

Image Image Image

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Oct 19, 2017

Good luck with Tezos. I liked the sales pitch, but I found too many potential negatives so I passed. Hope you guys make some money on it.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Oct 19, 2017

Marchas45 wrote:I have a lot more than .1 BTC invested and a little infighting (Actually a lot) may cause me to lose it. :lol:

https://medium.com/@arthurb/the-path-fo ... 2e6f63be67

http://www.reuters.com/investigates/spe ... ing-tezos/

Charlie, I too have just a bit more than 0.1 BTC and I'm not too concerned about this speed bump. Ethereum took years to take off and they had to deal with a hack and fork. QRL had a team member go rogue and they got delayed a few months. NEO had China bans stop their momentum cold. Bitcoin has a new fork every other month. These things happen in true free markets and when a lot of money is involved. I'm not worried the Brietman team is going to go off to the hills of New Zealand somewhere with their millions. They are way too public and would be tracked down. Patience is the key in this space, and to try to not look at the price daily (if possible).

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Oct 19, 2017

And of course, ZH already has Tezos in its sights as well. Remember, any pricing on "pre-launch" coins is complete speculation and doesn't really reflect rational reality [alliteration bonus points]. Until the coin is launched, it could be worth ten cents, or ten dollars.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-19/worlds-largest-ico-imploding-after-just-3-months

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Oct 19, 2017

A ZH pan on an ICO might be considered an endorsement.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Nov 06, 2017

Well this isn't promising:

Return to “Bitcoin”