WFTW Trackchair Auction - Saturday May 30 @ 8pm EDT - PREVIEW

Alt-Coin Tezos

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
User avatar
CaptainW
Posts: 1231
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014

Re: Alt-Coin Tezos

Postby CaptainW » Tue May 21, 2019

Long John wrote:I haven't checked this thread in quite awhile. Bucketeer bet that Tezos is a Ponzi and Doge took that bet, then Doge admitted defeat. So Tezos is a scam? I am way behind on that news. If so, I'm glad I only bought a little.

If not, I'm not sure what to do with mine. I got an activation code but have done nothing with it, as XTZ is not traded on the exchanges I use. I see it is still traded on a bunch of other exchanges, though. So not a scam?


I believe the bet was whether the price would be above or below $3.31.
As far as I know there isn’t any scamming involved. One of our members calls anything he disagrees with a scam.

User avatar
Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter
Posts: 5165
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014
Location: Warily watching the herd.

Re: Alt-Coin Tezos

Postby Bucketeer » Tue May 21, 2019

I've never lost money in Crypto. Not everybody can say that. Tezos is trading at $1.65.

I'm curious.....what Navy, Captain?
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

AURUM MULTO MAGIS ANIMAS PERDIDIT QUAM FERRUM CORPORA CECIDIT

User avatar
Long John
Posts: 3885
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016
Location: Northeast

Re: Alt-Coin Tezos

Postby Long John » Tue May 21, 2019

Bucketeer wrote:I've never lost money in Crypto. Not everybody can say that. Tezos is trading at $1.65.

Since I bought at 44 cents, I'm not terribly upset. 4X increase might be a tempting point to convert to BTC, if I could figure out how to do it.

CaptainW wrote:I believe the bet was whether the price would be above or below $3.31.
As far as I know there isn’t any scamming involved. One of our members calls anything he disagrees with a scam.

That's a relief. I misread the posts. Thanks.

User avatar
Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter
Posts: 5165
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014
Location: Warily watching the herd.

Re: Alt-Coin Tezos

Postby Bucketeer » Tue May 21, 2019

I even forgot about the bet...doh! Senior moment.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

AURUM MULTO MAGIS ANIMAS PERDIDIT QUAM FERRUM CORPORA CECIDIT

User avatar
dbm300
Platinum Supporter
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009

Re: Alt-Coin Tezos

Postby dbm300 » Thu May 23, 2019

So I can see I've got some Tezos via their support page but how do I - a) move them to a wallet b) which wallet (since coinbase doesn't seem to support it.
... and Bob's your uncle.

User avatar
Long John
Posts: 3885
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016
Location: Northeast

Re: Alt-Coin Tezos

Postby Long John » Thu May 23, 2019

I think there's some discussion about that earlier in this thread. I need to look back myself.

dbm300 wrote:So I can see I've got some Tezos via their support page but how do I - a) move them to a wallet b) which wallet (since coinbase doesn't seem to support it.

User avatar
CaptainW
Posts: 1231
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014

Re: Alt-Coin Tezos

Postby CaptainW » Tue Jun 18, 2019

Did anybody get the offer from tezos for a free ledger?

“To celebrate the monumental year the Tezos project has experienced since the betanet launch, the Tezos Foundation will give away Ledger Nano S hardware wallets to all fundraiser contributors who have activated recommended allocations.

As you’ve already activated a recommended allocation, you may follow these steps to claim a free Ledger Nano S:
Send a transaction of 0 XTZ (you can find instructions for the command line interface, Galleon wallet, and TezBox wallet in our blog post) to the smart contract at KT1BRudFZEXLYANgmZTka1xCDN5nWTMWY7SZ before 15 July 2019 at 23:59 UTC. Transactions must be sent from a Tezos public key hash corresponding to a valid donation to the Foundation’s fundraiser and are solely for the purpose of confirming eligibility for a free Ledger Nano S. We will never ask you to send funds to an account or contract. Please be aware of phishing attempts and take all available safety precautions.”

User avatar
dbm300
Platinum Supporter
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009

Re: Alt-Coin Tezos

Postby dbm300 » Tue Jun 18, 2019

yes. I guess I have to pick a wallet to stick things in since coinbase doesn't support it. Which you choosing?
... and Bob's your uncle.

User avatar
Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter
Posts: 5165
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014
Location: Warily watching the herd.

Re: Alt-Coin Tezos

Postby Bucketeer » Tue Jun 18, 2019

If you want to be in Crypto, stick to the Big 3. You can make some serious money in the Alts if you sell at the top. Bitcoin is your reserve currency.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

AURUM MULTO MAGIS ANIMAS PERDIDIT QUAM FERRUM CORPORA CECIDIT

User avatar
Long John
Posts: 3885
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016
Location: Northeast

Re: Alt-Coin Tezos

Postby Long John » Tue Jun 18, 2019

Bucketeer wrote:You can make some serious money in the Alts if you sell at the top.

That could and did happen in 2017, and gave me the false impression that I was good at this. The cryptosphere is different now. The alt madness could come back, but I won't try to ride that crazy train again. I think most alt coins will be gone in 5 or 10 years, including probably Tezos. I would recommend converting to BTC when you're content with the increase over the XTZ purchase price. I'm confident BTC, ETH and a few others will endure, but skeptical about the rest.

User avatar
CaptainW
Posts: 1231
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014

Re: Alt-Coin Tezos

Postby CaptainW » Tue Jun 18, 2019

dbm300 wrote:yes. I guess I have to pick a wallet to stick things in since coinbase doesn't support it. Which you choosing?


Unless someone can talk me out of it, I’ll go with the Nano since I have one already and sort of know how to use it. :roll:

User avatar
CaptainW
Posts: 1231
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014

Re: Alt-Coin Tezos

Postby CaptainW » Sat Jun 29, 2019

Anyone else getting this message when opening the Galleon wallet?

"Somethings wrong with our servers. Please delay further actions."

It's the first time I've opened it since creation and only doing it now to make the transaction for the free Ledger.
And since I made two separate fundraiser purchases, I ended up with two wallets. And now I'm unable to access one of them. I think it's because I deleted one of wallet files in my download box. When I click on that wallet file it doesn't allow me to choose it. I'm sure there's a way around that since I wouldn't have access to it from another computer. I just have to figure out how. If anyone else has any knowledge of how to solve these issues, please help! :wave:

User avatar
gramcracker
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016
Location: Southern WV

Re: Alt-Coin Tezos

Postby gramcracker » Sat Jun 29, 2019

CaptainW wrote:Did anybody get the offer from tezos for a free ledger?

“To celebrate the monumental year the Tezos project has experienced since the betanet launch, the Tezos Foundation will give away Ledger Nano S hardware wallets to all fundraiser contributors who have activated recommended allocations.

As you’ve already activated a recommended allocation, you may follow these steps to claim a free Ledger Nano S:
Send a transaction of 0 XTZ (you can find instructions for the command line interface, Galleon wallet, and TezBox wallet in our blog post) to the smart contract at KT1BRudFZEXLYANgmZTka1xCDN5nWTMWY7SZ before 15 July 2019 at 23:59 UTC. Transactions must be sent from a Tezos public key hash corresponding to a valid donation to the Foundation’s fundraiser and are solely for the purpose of confirming eligibility for a free Ledger Nano S. We will never ask you to send funds to an account or contract. Please be aware of phishing attempts and take all available safety precautions.”


Call me paranoid but I would never take a "free" Nano much less put any funds on it. This smells bad to me - fwiw. Good Luck
Don't believe everything you think.

User avatar
Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter
Posts: 5165
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014
Location: Warily watching the herd.

Re: Alt-Coin Tezos

Postby Bucketeer » Sun Jun 30, 2019

I thought Tezos was a good thing initially.Then I posted some negative information and mentioned that I wasn't going to buy it. I forget the bet with me and SilverDoge, and haven't followed Tezos. Is it really this bad now?
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

AURUM MULTO MAGIS ANIMAS PERDIDIT QUAM FERRUM CORPORA CECIDIT

User avatar
Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter
Posts: 5165
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014
Location: Warily watching the herd.

Re: Alt-Coin Tezos

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Aug 08, 2019

Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

AURUM MULTO MAGIS ANIMAS PERDIDIT QUAM FERRUM CORPORA CECIDIT

User avatar
Long John
Posts: 3885
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016
Location: Northeast

Re: Alt-Coin Tezos

Postby Long John » Thu Aug 08, 2019

Without even clicking the link I can say the big recent surge is due to being listed on Coinbase. How Coinbase decides to put a currency on its exchange, I have no idea, and I haven't been following Tezos since selling it, but Coinbase obviously decided it was a crypto that will be important going forward.

At $1.37 this morning, it's dropped a bit since getting the big Coinbase boost, but I think that is a function of alt money in general shifting to Bitcoin, which is approaching 70% market share.

User avatar
Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter
Posts: 5165
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014
Location: Warily watching the herd.

Re: Alt-Coin Tezos

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Aug 08, 2019

I think the true dominance number is higher than 70. Coinmarketcap uses over 2400 different alt-coins to calculate dominance, however many of those coins are very illiquid or don't trade at all.

If Bitcoin dominance was calculated using only the top 100-500 coins, the results would be much higher.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

AURUM MULTO MAGIS ANIMAS PERDIDIT QUAM FERRUM CORPORA CECIDIT

User avatar
Long John
Posts: 3885
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016
Location: Northeast

Re: Alt-Coin Tezos

Postby Long John » Thu Aug 08, 2019

I'm sure you're right about that. Probably at least 2,000 of those 2,400 are effectively dead, as far as market membership is concerned. Maybe some of them have some utility for somebody. ("Look Kimmy, Daddy created your own cryptocurrency for your birthday!") But the function of most of 'em was to raise money for the developer. Antonopoulos called 99% of them scams, and he's not far off.

User avatar
ttitle
Posts: 261
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016

Re: Alt-Coin Tezos

Postby ttitle » Thu Feb 20, 2020

Tezos has been on a nice little rally lately. I bought a chunk of them because I liked the dividend, but up 3x is nice too :)


Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests