Alt-Coin Tezos

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Re: Alt-Coin Tezos

Postby Marchas45 » Sat Jun 23, 2018

Looking good for the big day finally. Make sure you get verified, this is not verifying your Tezos but it's verifying yourself.
https://verification.tezos.com/
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image ImageImage

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Jun 23, 2018

Finally, something positive in this miserable stretch.

dbm300

Postby dbm300 » Sat Jun 23, 2018

Well there is nothing secret about alt coins. They want full info, passport or driver's license scan, and selfie picture. I hope they aren't crooks cause they got enough info to be you.
... and Bob's your uncle.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Sat Jun 23, 2018

dbm300 wrote:Well there is nothing secret about alt coins. They want full info, passport or driver's license scan, and selfie picture. I hope they aren't crooks cause they got enough info to be you.

Nah! they just want their taxes. Lol

Image ImageImage

spideynut

Postby spideynut » Mon Jul 02, 2018

Is everyone giving in to the KYC? I assume I will at some point. It just really goes against everything that is crypto. I have enough Tezis to make most folks post thier I.D. anywhere requested but Im just so mad that they would pull this with out an opt out button.
WTB Certified Silver eagle rolls NGC or PCGS.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Jul 03, 2018

Tezos is finally trading real coins (not IOUs) on Gate.io. Price has plummeted (as expected) to about $2.40 currently. I think it could go sub-$2 before leveling off and going back up but who knows. While this is MainNet launch, it is still in Beta - which is a bit confusing but so be it. Not sure when HitBTC will convert their IOUs to real tezzies either. Gate.io is restricted for Americans and Canadians I believe.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Tue Jul 03, 2018

I completed the KYC and received an activation code, but it is not clear what I'm supposed to do with it. I just stored it for now.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jul 04, 2018

Long John wrote:I completed the KYC and received an activation code, but it is not clear what I'm supposed to do with it. I just stored it for now.

You can wait for an official team wallet, which should come out in a week or two. Or some people are using TezBox with these steps:
https://www.reddit.com/r/tezos/comments/8v9ep0/steps_to_claim_your_xtz_account_and_delegate/

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Aug 23, 2018

Long John wrote:I completed the KYC and received an activation code, but it is not clear what I'm supposed to do with it. I just stored it for now.

So I have been waiting for the Tezos Foundation "funded" wallet and it is finally out. Cryptonomic created a wallet called Galleon. One can download the wallet here (Version 0.2.0b): https://github.com/Cryptonomic/Deployme ... :-Releases

Click on the correct betanet link (windows, MacOS or Linux). Then watch their videos to import your Tezos from the ICO or to send Tezos from an exchange. Their YouTube channel with instructional videos is here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwBf7pOVrU56MLx8oZNKyKw/videos

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Tue Sep 04, 2018

I haven't looked at prices in awhile, but I see Tezos is on CMC at $1.44 today. Well, that's $1.00 more than I paid in the ICO. :thumbup:

CaptainW
Platinum Supporter

Postby CaptainW » Wed Sep 12, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:

So I have been waiting for the Tezos Foundation "funded" wallet and it is finally out. Cryptonomic created a wallet called Galleon. One can download the wallet here (Version 0.2.0b): https://github.com/Cryptonomic/Deployme ... :-Releases

Click on the correct betanet link (windows, MacOS or Linux). Then watch their videos to import your Tezos from the ICO or to send Tezos from an exchange. Their YouTube channel with instructional videos is here:

I'm having issues with the Galleon wallet. I chose to "Import Fundraiser Wallet". Entered all of the field info (secret key, password, public key, email, activation code), then clicked import. I was expecting for it to possibly show a balance but nothing happened. I closed the wallet and started from scratch but got the same result.
What am I missing?

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Wed Sep 12, 2018

Question guys, I know Coinbase holds your coins for 7 days when you buy them but when did they hold back from letting us sending for 3 days? I used to always send my coins as soon as I received them in my wallet. When did this change? Thanks, Charlie

Image ImageImage

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Sat Sep 15, 2018

Mainnet on Monday, let's see if we have a big POP. Right now Tezos is $1.66 with lot's of volume. It's been a Long, Long, wait.

Image ImageImage

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Oct 05, 2018

CaptainW wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:

I'm having issues with the Galleon wallet. I chose to "Import Fundraiser Wallet". Entered all of the field info (secret key, password, public key, email, activation code), then clicked import. I was expecting for it to possibly show a balance but nothing happened. I closed the wallet and started from scratch but got the same result.
What am I missing?

Did you get this resolved? I know they have a Telegram channel that may offer support, as well as a forum.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Oct 05, 2018

Marchas45 wrote:Question guys, I know Coinbase holds your coins for 7 days when you buy them but when did they hold back from letting us sending for 3 days? I used to always send my coins as soon as I received them in my wallet. When did this change? Thanks, Charlie

I've had no issues with Coinbase. It takes several hours to deposit BTC as they play it super safe, but I move funds around quite easily with no restriction like that. Again, I'm a long term client so perhaps I get more leeway.

CaptainW
Platinum Supporter

Postby CaptainW » Fri Oct 05, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
CaptainW wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:

What am I missing?

Did you get this resolved? I know they have a Telegram channel that may offer support, as well as a forum.

Sort of. It turns out I was using the wrong password. Once I found the PW I was able to transfer a batch to Galleon. However, I can’t log back into the wallet. To see the balance I have to go through the entire setup process again. I haven’t worked on resolving that issue lately due to my schedule.

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”