ETHEREUM

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Re: ETHEREUM

Postby Long John » Tue Oct 03, 2017

Coinbase/GDAX refunded everyone who lost Ether in the flash crash, plus honored the transactions in which people got Ether for as little as the price of a Snickers bar. They took it in the shorts on this deal, so if they did it on purpose it has to go down as one of the stupidest moves ever.
Last edited by Long John on Tue Oct 03, 2017, edited 1 time in total.

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Tue Oct 03, 2017

Long John wrote:Coinbase/GDAX refunded everyone who lost Ether in the flash crash, plus honored the transactions in which people got Ether for as little as the price of a Snickers bar. They took it in the shorts on this deal, so if they did it on purpose it has to go down as one of the stupidest moves ever.

Were you one of the lucky ones? Get a refund? Know anyone who did? :shifty:

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Tue Oct 03, 2017

texmex66 wrote:Were you one of the lucky ones? Get a refund? Know anyone who did? :shifty:

I don't trade on GDAX, nor do I know anyone personally who was able to take advantage of the flash crash, which lasted only seconds as I understand it. I do know people who quickly made crazy-low buy orders for Ether AFTER that. :lol:

This troublesome child called crypto is going through some growing pains, and that was one of them.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Oct 03, 2017

Long John wrote:
texmex66 wrote:Were you one of the lucky ones? Get a refund? Know anyone who did? :shifty:

I don't trade on GDAX, nor do I know anyone personally who was able to take advantage of the flash crash, which lasted only seconds as I understand it. I do know people who quickly made crazy-low buy orders for Ether AFTER that. :lol:

This troublesome child called crypto is going through some growing pains, and that was one of them.

I think the important point to remember here is that it isn't the crypto itself (ETH in this case) that was messed up, but yet again another centralized exchange. Sooner or later, decentralized exchanges (DEX) will be the go-to platform. It will take time and a solid user interface (UI) but we'll get there eventually.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Tue Oct 03, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:
Long John wrote:

I think the important point to remember here is that it isn't the crypto itself (ETH in this case) that was messed up, but yet again another centralized exchange. Sooner or later, decentralized exchanges (DEX) will be the go-to platform. It will take time and a solid user interface (UI) but we'll get there eventually.

I just hope with DEX, the performance is better. It makes you wonder how that's gonna work with HF. When everyone is gonna be going after the nodes.

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Wed Oct 04, 2017

silverpv wrote:I just hope with DEX, the performance is better. It makes you wonder how that's gonna work with HF. When everyone is gonna be going after the nodes.

HF?. Forgive my noobness to the nomenclature.

Silversaving

Postby Silversaving » Wed Oct 04, 2017

Brick's wrote:
silverpv wrote:I just hope with DEX, the performance is better. It makes you wonder how that's gonna work with HF. When everyone is gonna be going after the nodes.

HF?. Forgive my noobness to the nomenclature.

HF= Hard Fork. They are forking Ethereum soon

Altima

Postby Altima » Wed Oct 04, 2017

I thought this was a good write-up on the upcoming Ethereum Metropolis:

https://blockgeeks.com/guides/ethereum-metropolis/

FYI, one of the founders of the website is Vitalik's dad (Dmitry Buterin) :lol:
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sat Nov 11, 2017

Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Sat Nov 11, 2017

Noticed ETH Classic is ripping too. 24hr $ volume higher than ETH. Anyone know whats going on here?

Return to “Bitcoin”